JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Hey man, an update is an update.

Oscar II is such a noble prize! :D

There's tons of replacements for everything. If only there were a modest unit and building add-on designed for compatibility with premier modded civs...

Well, you'd best make the most of it, because between Karl and Christian, Oscar will be practically obscured :p

Which Christian is this, then? Christian Frederik, the guy who was chosen to become the first Norwegian king in 1814? The insane Christian VII? The Danish Christian X who lost Iceland?!

Oh, and nice civ, by the way. Now we just have to wait for Karl...

Excellent work with Oscar! Glad to see Gustavus having a fitting UA, but I will miss world policing with his UUs to maintain friendship with most and gifting away generals. Nothing's stopping world policing with Oscar, though, which amuses me in concept more.

Has Meiji's unique decisions not showing up been looked at yet? Do you need another log from me?

Two civs released already, and I'm still not in the mood for Civ. :sad: I think the UA name for Gustavus should be "Lion From the North", it just sounds more badass, but it's just a name - the effect is fantastic, and finally correctly warlike. :D

Can't wait for Karl. Been looking forward to him for ages. It'll be good to finally have Swedens in a few distinct flavours.

Has this been reported already?
Spoiler :

Seems like you mixed up Diplo_Meiji.dds and Meiji_Diplo.dds

the old switcheroo

Also had a quick game as Oscar II, my first non warmonger attempt in centuries that ended up with me ragequitting after Vítor Emanuel stole all mah wonders.

Which Christian is this, then? Christian Frederik, the guy who was chosen to become the first Norwegian king in 1814? The insane Christian VII? The Danish Christian X who lost Iceland?!

Oh, and nice civ, by the way. Now we just have to wait for Karl...

Denmark-Norway's Christian IV I mean :p

Excellent work with Oscar! Glad to see Gustavus having a fitting UA, but I will miss world policing with his UUs to maintain friendship with most and gifting away generals. Nothing's stopping world policing with Oscar, though, which amuses me in concept more.

Has Meiji's unique decisions not showing up been looked at yet? Do you need another log from me?

I guess you could try your logs again, but I don't know what I can do - they seem to work for most, so it must be a mod conflict, and last I looked you had many, many, many mods active :p

Two civs released already, and I'm still not in the mood for Civ. :sad: I think the UA name for Gustavus should be "Lion From the North", it just sounds more badass, but it's just a name - the effect is fantastic, and finally correctly warlike. :D

Can't wait for Karl. Been looking forward to him for ages. It'll be good to finally have Swedens in a few distinct flavours.

I decided to go with "Father of Modern Warfare" to reinforce the combined arms concept that I work with. And then because modern generals obviously spread religion :p

Has this been reported already?
Spoiler :

Seems like you mixed up Diplo_Meiji.dds and Meiji_Diplo.dds

the old switcheroo

Also had a quick game as Oscar II, my first non warmonger attempt in centuries that ended up with me ragequitting after Vítor Emanuel stole all mah wonders.

Blame Jan :p He keeps switching them around.

Released a quick update to fix that. This doesn't count as the 'incorporation into civ pack' update because I'm hesistant to commit to any serious updates until I know how Prestige will 'require' support. Hence, I won't be updating any past civs until Prestige is closer to completion.

Is Oscar's "I must confess, I've been waiting for this meeting" only upon meeting Gustavus, or for everyone?

But I want a nationalistic 1814 Norway led by Christian Fredrik or Christian Magnus Falsen! :p

And I want Firaxis to start paying long-time modders :p Neither will happen :D

Is Oscar's "I must confess, I've been waiting for this meeting" only upon meeting Gustavus, or for everyone?

Everyone.

I'd assume it's for everyone, I see no reason for it to only be Gustavus, nor do I know whether it's actually possible.

Pretty sure it would be, but IDK. Typhlomence makes it possible here, I think, but it seems too intensive to be worth it. Still, be nice for Karl and Peter to interact, or Nicholas and Lenin, or Nicholas and George, or Charles and Henry, or Charles and Philip, or Ivan and Elizabeth, or... well, the possibilities are endlessly tempting :p

preview JFD, Gustav is perfectly weird now. Oh, and Oscar's decisions are way too expansive. 400 gold for a Great work? Wh...why?! With this UB?

(Won't Oscar's motto be a slightly better fit for the UA name?)
(Shouldn't Gustav's UA reference the fact that Sweden didn't stop fighting(cough cough Russia) after it's leader died?)

I guess you could try your logs again, but I don't know what I can do - they seem to work for most, so it must be a mod conflict, and last I looked you had many, many, many mods active :p

But I need them. I'm not sure why they wouldn't be working. Not that many new mods showed up. The only one I can think of is DJSHenniger's updated Nepal. I mean, I'm going to be trying a bunch of stuff should these logs not work anyway.

So, just to test things, I started a game as Tojo. No unique decisions. Then Oscar. No unique decisions. Now I cleaned my cache just in case and opened up Meiji as I was constructing this post. Alas, no unique decisions.

If you can't find anything, then it's up to me enabling mod groups one by one and all that jazz.

Tojo's log: http://pastebin.com/2zVCd7r2
Oscar's log: http://pastebin.com/ZnmrLvYc
Meiji's log: http://pastebin.com/DqFZ4Rzn

Decided to go off that hunch while typing this up and disabled DJSHenniger's Nepal. Lo and behold, the problem has been found. I'll go pester him now.

Wrong thread; Superwaffle (?) is doing Mao - at least, I'm not. I opted to do Chiang Kai Shek (which Leugi has gracefully made possible, I'm just now waiting on Viregel and hopefully Jan for the rest of the art (DoM and leader icon)) who, if nothing else, is more conducive to the WW2 set.

Top Bottom