JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

[
I used ctrl+f to try and find Meiji, decisions, or errors in the lua log, and there didn't appear to be anything on my end. Do you want to log anyway?

Yes. Whatever's causing this issue must be a conflict, and it'll most likely show up in the lua log, even if you couldn't find anything.

His face look angry to me. Love this combination of color of Japan. Great works from your team as always.

About cultural text, That would be quite a scary world to live in.

Have you not seen Meiji face? :p

Go with Helix.

They do - I've found the issue; it's just an issue that shouldn't be an issue :p Could either of you try redownloading both Meiji and Tojo, and if that doesn't work, I'll reupload.

Yeah, redownloading appears to have fixed the issue - whatever it was, thanks and best of luck with releasing the Prestige component!

EDIT; Unfortunately the Daimyo's additional exp doesn't appear to be being applied to newly created units - despite appearing on MCIS

Yeah, redownloading appears to have fixed the issue - whatever it was, thanks and best of luck with releasing the Prestige component!

EDIT; Unfortunately the Daimyo's additional exp doesn't appear to be being applied to newly created units - despite appearing on MCIS

If it appears via MCIS, and if the production bonus is working, I can see no reason why the XP wouldn't be working for you...

Not sure about Tojo, but Meiji's decisions still aren't showing after a redownload.

A redownload of both Tojo and Meiji?

Well, the icon suggesting that the Daimyo was working appeared - however I'm not so sure that I was actually getting production bonuses to units, as it did not change when I removed the Daimyo from the city. Could it be similar to the issue that users are reporting on the steam forums in terms of the UA - with it not giving the appropriate extras in a GA?

In any case - would it help if I posted my logs? I cannot do so now in any case, but can provide them later if needed.

Despite this, I managed to have a short game with the civ and it certainly has become a firm favourite - everything from the synergy to the music to the art feels great!

Well, the icon suggesting that the Daimyo was working appeared - however I'm not so sure that I was actually getting production bonuses to units, as it did not change when I removed the Daimyo from the city. Could it be similar to the issue that users are reporting on the steam forums in terms of the UA - with it not giving the appropriate extras in a GA?

No; the steam users are more likely responding to the fact that the UI still states 20% Production/Culture from Golden Ages. One even noted that they were receiving a 20% Production "City Modifier" - which is the actual bonus in question.

MCIS only appears if the bonuses are working in both the case of Daimyo and the Golden Age Production (it checks for a dummy building that grants the effects of both; if that building doesn't exist in the city, it won't appear). However, the Daimyo bonus - like most custom bonuses - will only refresh upon a new turn. Move the Daimyo out of the city, and you'll still get the bonuses until the next turn. Put it in a city and you won't get them until the next turn. Given the number of mods people tend to use now that execute code on unit movement and/or upon opening the city screen, I wanted to move away from that to save some performance.

The culture bonus only appears if you're using Piety & Prestige, and this'll appear as +X extra from Golden Age (the public version of P&P has a bug in which the regular +X from Golden Age is hidden if the extra is displayed).

My Meiji works fine :)

And damn it´s like a addiction to ask what is the next great thing ^^

There is an error with Meiji's Civ IV traits. You missed out an _ when typing [ICON_CITY_STATE] in the mod compatibility file. Also the first part of his UA is non-functional for me

JFD, this is actually a YNAEMP issue, but I'm not sure if you read that thread, so I'm posting it here. No resources are appearing on the Giant Earth map. I don't have any resource based mods active, so not sure what it could be.

There is an error with Meiji's Civ IV traits. You missed out an _ when typing [ICON_CITY_STATE] in the mod compatibility file. Also the first part of his UA is non-functional for me

Noted about the Meiji Civ IV Traits issue, but did you read the comments above you?

JFD, this is actually a YNAEMP issue, but I'm not sure if you read that thread, so I'm posting it here. No resources are appearing on the Giant Earth map. I don't have any resource based mods active, so not sure what it could be.

I do read that thread, and note what's noteworthy. It's one of the resource settings anyway. Always has been, AFAIK.

Oscar II added:

Spoiler :

Looking great! I'm very happy with your ability to retain the great original Sweden UA.

I love these both! Great work.

Also. Jan. How on Earth can you make art that good without Firaxis having hired you? I literally see no difference in quality or consistency between the Hakkapeliitta and the Royal Academy.

Actually, Jan didn't do the Royal Academy - the author is rather unknown. The icon comes from the Community Balance Patch, but I'm fairly sure I've seen it passed around the forums as far back as Civ NiGHTS. Jan's artwork tends to be a bit better than some of the vanilla :p But then it could just be that he uses more vibrant colours.

Every OP map update makes me happy.

Top Bottom