K-mod Deity Fun -- Collaboration of SGOTM teams

Guess I will have to play.

Played three turns as I did not see anything controversial happening right now.

One archer attacked Shanghai.

I think we can get the GLH one turn earlier by not building the road on the gold. We loose four worker turns. But if we intend to whip at size 6 the gold will not give us to much and we can wait with having it.

I prefer to settle on top of stone and get mysticism for a monument. A conservative approach would be to settle where the settler is now. It will give Darius the stone but we have secured two spot and we can settle wheat as well.

I would like Shanghai to build a galley after archer. Or maybe even before.

Darius tech rate is massive. His effective bpt is almost 80.

Attachments

• Roland BC-1560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    95.3 KB · Views: 77
Forget to tell. A great spy was born far away. I would assume in France. And the pyramids were built somewhere. Wonders goes extremely fast here.

Stupid me. We need the gold to let Beijing grow to size 5 sooner.

As for the micro calculations It seems like clams+2*cow+farm is +8 food and not +9.

Best micro I could find was

farm
farm
gl mine
gl mine
gl mine, farm
gl mine, farm
gl mine, farm
gl mine, farm

turn 69 we have one overflow hammer, GLH and size 6.

We can get GLH one turn earlier but grow to size 6 two turn later and looses 4 worker turns.

Delaying the Gold road, this micro allows a turn 68 GLH without angry citizens, 2 :hammers: OF and 13/30 in the food bin @ size 5 (is this what you had in mind Folket?):

Turn City size City micro Food Bin Food Surplus GLH (300H) Raw Prd Chop Prd Whip OF Worker 1 Worker 2
58 3 Clams + 2*Cows 07/26 +7 94 +7 +16 +40 - -
59 3 Clams + 2*Cows 14/26 +7 157 +7 Moves to Forest 2N of cap -
60 3 Clams + 2*Cows 21/26 +7 164 +7 Chop (1/3)
61 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 02/28 +5 171 +11 Chop (2/3) Moves to Forest 2E (1/2)
62 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 07/28 +5 182 +11 +20 Chop (3/3) Moves to Forest 2E (2/2)
63 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 12/28 +5 213 +11 Moves to Forest 3N of cap Chop (1/3)
64 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 17/28 +5 224 +11 Chop (1/3) Chop (2/3)
65 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 22/28 +5 235 +11 +20 Chop (2/3) Chop (3/3)
66 4 Clams + 2*Cows + GL Mine 27/28 +6 266 +10 +16 Chop (3/3) Moves to Gold (1/2)
67 5 Clams + 2*Cows + GL Mine + Farm 05/30 +8 292 +10 Moves to Gold (2/2)
68 5 Clams + 2*Cows + GL Mine + Farm 13/30 +8 302 Road (1/2)

After that, switching the GL farm to a coastal tile on turn 69 allows for size 6 @ turn 70 , just after hooking up Gold

Something like that. I would prefer to work the GL hill two more turns for 2 extra food and 2 less hammers.

Also I guess you mean GL mine to coastal instead of farm.

I think Persia will go for fish/gems next and not for our pigs/fish spot.

So perhaps we should vote for three things.
1. Get GLH one turn earlier at expense of 4 worker turns and 2 turns later settler?
2. Where should we go with the settler?
3. tech to research?

I found a micro to get GLH on turn 68 and a settler on turn 71 with a two pop whip, which is now my preferred micro.

Compared to Food before hammers, we loose 11 hammer on the overflow and the four worker turns, but will have 3 more food.

Something like that. I would prefer to work the GL hill two more turns for 2 extra food and 2 less hammers.

Also I guess you mean GL mine to coastal instead of farm.
Careful, if you grow too quick you'll hit size 5 with an angry citizen...

I am very careful. I may post the exact micro in a bit. Tonight perhaps?

Does not seem to be in a hurry as long as we have not decided on point 2 and 3.

Turn City size City micro Food Bin Food Surplus hammers Raw Prd Chop Prd Whip Worker 1 Worker 2
61 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 02/28 +5 171 +11 Chop (2/3) Moves to Forest 2E (1/2)
62 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 07/28 +5 182 +11 +20 Chop (3/3) Moves to Forest 2E (2/2)
63 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 12/28 +5 213 +11 Moves to Forest 3N of cap Chop (1/3)
64 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 17/28 +5 224 +11 Chop (1/3) Chop (2/3)
65 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 22/28 +5 235 +11 +20 Chop (2/3) Chop (3/3)
66 4 Clams + 2*Cows + P Mine 27/28 +5 266 +11 +16 Chop (3/3) Moves to Gold (1/2)
67 5 Clams + 2*Cows + 2*Mine 04/30 +4 293 +14 Moves to Gold (2/2)
68 5 Clams + 2*Cows + 2*Mine 8/30 (+4) 307(start settler) +14 Road (1/2)
69 5 Clams + 2*Cows + 2*Mine 8/30 (+4) 325 +14
70 3 Clams + 2*Cows 8/26 (+7) 343 +7 60

After or even 1T before GLH (also have to consider to finish granary in time), capital could focus on growth, i.e. work on the farm and water tile while building granary. Grow to size 6 and then start settler.

Park the settler on the tile NE of the stone, settling on top of stone does not block anything and is likely to lose the northern site. We want to settle the Corn/Fish/Sugar/Copper site next.

Move warrior1 to 1W of the Pig to make sure that barbarian city won't spawn on 1N of the Pig.

Other issues include
what do you want to produce in gold city after the archer?
what are the jobs assigned to workers after the chop and road?

Embarrassment? Shall I interpret that as you do not have faith in my micro?

Nah, the :O smiley usually refers to surprise. CFC calls it embarrassment for some reason.
I'm just lazy and don't usually disable smileys in post.

Micro looks good!

~~~

We could grow before GLH completion, but from what I see, it's timed so that we can 2-pop whip a settler on T70. There's 3H margin only...

Otherwise settler is pushed back a turn.

After or even 1T before GLH (also have to consider to finish granary in time), capital could focus on growth, i.e. work on the farm and water tile while building granary. Grow to size 6 and then start settler.

Park the settler on the tile NE of the stone, settling on top of stone does not block anything and is likely to lose the northern site. We want to settle the Corn/Fish/Sugar/Copper site next.

Move warrior1 to 1W of the Pig to make sure that barbarian city won't spawn on 1N of the Pig.

Other issues include
what do you want to produce in gold city after the archer?
what are the jobs assigned to workers after the chop and road?

I see you want to keep settler around not doing anything. It also seems you want to tech pottery.

I would like to produce a galley in Shanghai. But would be fine with a workboat.

If we settle our settler worker 1 will run west to chop a forest into a monument or improve stone.

As for worker 2. I do not see anything else to do but to build roads. Move to PH mine a and build a road there. Then follow our next settler to chop out a monument.

Regarding my questions. Seems like only duckweed has given his opinion.

I think Persia will go for fish/gems next and not for our pigs/fish spot.

So perhaps we should vote for three things.
1. Get GLH one turn earlier at expense of 4 worker turns and 2 turns later settler?
2. Where should we go with the settler?
3. tech to research?

1- I'd say no, 1T isn't super risky but our expansion is behind.
2- Personally I don't feel our city spots are very under fire but I don't mind NE of the stone for safety.
3- Pottery makes a lot of sense especially if we go for a Galley/WB in ciy #2

I played a few more turns. I'm at ten turns now so someone else could take over.

Darius and De Gaulle converted to hereditary rule. Darius is now researching writing. Takes him three turns.

We have the great lighthouse.

A barb attacked Shanghai at 0.3% odds.

I suggest we whip the settler as planed and then regrow while building granary.

I have not seen any settlers from Darius. He has not settled fish/gems either. I think we are pretty safe getting our spots without blocking him.

We should do writing next. Probably go for Aesthetics to get something to trade with. The AIs tech pace is very fast.

Attachments

• Roland BC-1280.CivBeyondSwordSave
    102 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom