K-mod Deity Fun -- Collaboration of SGOTM teams

From this I gather we only want 3 Archers in the city [2 current+produced IBT] and remaining 2 Archers can go on gold [current+1N of Shanghai].

Before making any long-term plan, it'd be nice to know the outcome of this turn... so, if the above makes you feel nervous, make your voices heard so that Archers can be shuffled according to team decision.

The remaining units with movement for the turn:

Nanjing worker (GH mine)
Double fish worker (road)
Double fish warrior (1W or stay in place... no difference)
Guangzhou warrior (stay in place ... does leaving a city empty entice AI DoW? No clue.)

OB with De Gaulle: upon further inspection, keep closed borders until Nanjing pops borders - we have to cross ocean tiles.

Looks good, You can't force everyone to say something, especially some are still away and busy.:lol:

3 archers in the city is too dangerours.

Just counting the strength and bonus, we can find that 3 archers are far from enough to deal with the attacking force: (5*1.12+4*4*1.1).

4 will be fine, but there're still some risks, and the 4-1 combination just lures Sury to pillage the gold.

5-0 is my choice, but I don't know whether the AI in Kmod is smart enough to change mind and pillage the gold.

We need to get peace somehow. Building a settler and settle a stupid city might be a way to go.

Yay let me have it.
I am curious whether we can salvage this game :lol:

Will check the game and suggest a course of action tonight :scan:

I have faith ;) but failed finding the time to look at the game yet =/

main topic to discuss: gorilla warfare

Near Shanghai we have 5 archers, against a stack of 1 axe, 2 spears and 2 chariots.

We'd like our archers to defend on hills against those dudes to have winning odds. On flatland we get murdered.

Sury's courage pattern showed he's not willing to attack a couple of archers on a hill (gold mine)

Assume we leave our 2 stacks of archers in place, Sury should move towards Beijing.
in 2 turns (T81)
Sury's SOD will be half way Between Beijing and Shanghai, either on the plains hill mine or on the desert tile.
They could attack Beijing on T83, when 3 archers shall be ready for defense. (I suppose with proper settler-whip-overflow)

Nevertheless on T81 we want to trick the Sury SOD into coming back south by taking out the Shanghai garrison. Is this expected to work?

No. On T81 you won't have enough archers in the capital to deter him from charging the city. Even if you would have enough built on T82 he would have already moved up, and will probably just pillage and carry on to your northern unguarded city.

In general it might be too late to get him to turn around when he's 2S of your capital, unless you impeded his pillage path forward.

main topic to discuss: gorilla warfare

Near Shanghai we have 5 archers, against a stack of 1 axe, 2 spears and 2 chariots.

We'd like our archers to defend on hills against those dudes to have winning odds. On flatland we get murdered.

Sury's courage pattern showed he's not willing to attack a couple of archers on a hill (gold mine)

Assume we leave our 2 stacks of archers in place, Sury should move towards Beijing.
in 2 turns (T81)
Sury's SOD will be half way Between Beijing and Shanghai, either on the plains hill mine or on the desert tile.
They could attack Beijing on T83, when 3 archers shall be ready for defense. (I suppose with proper settler-whip-overflow)

Nevertheless on T81 we want to trick the Sury SOD into coming back south by taking out the Shanghai garrison. Is this expected to work?

The way I know working is to block his SOD behind the mountain. We could send the current archer in capital to 2S in this turn. Next turn, since we whip the settler in capital, we can free the warrior and let him go to 2S as well. Therefore the only tile that Sury's SOD can pillage is the farm tile north of gold city.

The way I know working is to block his SOD behind the mountain. We could send the current archer in capital to 2S in this turn. Next turn, since we whip the settler in capital, we can free the warrior and let him go to 2S as well. Therefore the only tile that Sury's SOD can pillage is the farm tile north of gold city.

5 units stack wouldn't attack 1 archer on the hill?

That could work. I'm not sure what the stack will do once you block it off, if it will pillage the farm and stay put or wander north around the mountain. If it wanders around the mountain it might cause lots of problems, you can't really defend it from pillaging at that point. Eventually his reinforcements will come and you have to decide if you want to split his armies up or not. You can even use that galley you're building (for some reason ^^) to ferry troops around.

I was going to recommend moving two archers from the city to the tile NE (leave the strong one for the chariot). I know it's flatlands but I think KMOD AI still is going to jump at the chance of getting the city, not risk a fight, and move SW, and then you can go back and forth for a while. I've been in virtually the same position, (but with a forest instead of a gold hill), and it worked for me.

If someone is willing to take over the game go for it.
I am too lazy now and in the process of relocating 4 persons over 9000 km. :sleep:

I guess it depends on whether kossin has time to take the ball back. Tough time for both the game and players.

I can try over the weekend but I want to get the AI game started.

In any case, we don't have many options to stave off the attack and if it doesn't work then it's reset time.

Did this one die? :(

Top Bottom