'karine A'

G-man, one more comment on your quote.

Originally posted by G-Man

(...)
- Sharon and Arafat are alike, except that: Sharon doesn't target civilians
(...)

I'm not the only one who thinks this is rubbish (at least not after past weekend, read here

I'm not trying to say Israel is responsible for the conflict with the Palestinians. What I am trying to say is that both sides are as responsible for everything that happens. As long as both parties are willing to attack each others civilians they will both feel entitled to perform more attacks and there will never be peace.

I got a 404 in your link so I can't really comment on that...

My friend means, now the weapons have been captured, will they be added to the Isreal armed forces?

A third party (like the BBC) is best as it is not personally aligned...

If you want accurate results, maybe you should try a Swiss newspaper...
;)

"Hooray more weapons to add to the already huge Israli armoury which will be used for bad purposes (i.e. Not for peaceful purposes)."

Somehow, my dear boy, I don't think that the IDF needs this sub standard equipment, having plenty of their own. It will most probably be destroyed, as is the procedure in such circumstances.

Originally posted by G-Man
I got a 404 in your link so I can't really comment on that...

Here:

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- The Israeli army's demolition of Palestinian houses in southern Gaza last week sparked debate Sunday within Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Cabinet.

Fifty-eight homes were demolished and 511 people were left homeless in the Rafah refugee camp, located in southern Gaza, the United Nations said. The houses, razed Thursday, were empty and used by militants to shoot at army troops, the government said.

"We did not see anyone leaving the homes, either before or during the operation," Brig. Gen. Yisrael Ziv, the Israel Defense Forces commander in Gaza, told Israel's Army Radio.

The demolitions came a day after four Israeli soldiers were killed by Palestinian attackers who lived in Rafah. The Islamic group Hamas, which has carried out military and terror attacks on Israelis in the past, claimed responsibility.

The demolitions divided politicians, prompting Sharon to respond that critics of the demolitions did not know all the facts behind the operation.

Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, who has frequently clashed with Sharon, said he would insist that the demolitions be checked, the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz reported Sunday.

Matan Vilnai, Israel's science, culture and sports minister, said the operation hurt Israel's image across the globe.

Defense Minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer, who leads the Labor party, maintained the structures had been abandoned. Still, he told Ha'aretz, if it were proven that some of the structures were inhabited when they were razed, he would offer mobile homes to the dislocated families.

The newspaper said Labor's Salah Tarif, the first Israeli Arab to hold a Cabinet post in Israel, hinted that Israel should provide mobile homes to families whose homes have been demolished.

Writing in Sunday's edition of Ha'aretz, defense analyst Ze'ev Schiff said the solders' deaths gave the army "a convenient backdrop against which to stage their destructive action."

"This is a prime example of excessive and unreasonable force, which was not born out of any need for self-defense," he wrote. "This, therefore, is a shameful chapter in the history of the IDF and of Israel."

Others supported Sharon.

Shlomo Benizri, minister of labor and social affairs, was quoted in Ha'aretz as saying the critics "create headlines in the media before they hear an official government report, and this then shapes Israel's image."

Environment Minister Tzachi Hanegbi also urged fellow ministers to back the military action, the Jerusalem Post reported.

The debate followed Israeli missiles strikes Saturday on Palestinian naval targets near Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat's office in Gaza City. Those strikes followed Israel's January 3 seizure of a ship carrying 50 tons of arms in the Red Sea.

Israeli officials contend the shipment was authorized by the Palestinian Authority, which Palestinians deny. The Palestinian Authority released a statement Friday saying it had formed a committee to investigate the weapons ship and was interrogating several people.

It's CNN, so I wouldn't say it the most truthful...

Originally posted by Juize

Here:

"Fifty-eight homes were demolished and 511 people were left homeless in the Rafah refugee camp, located in southern Gaza, the United Nations said. The houses, razed Thursday, were empty and used by militants to shoot at army troops, the government said.

"We did not see anyone leaving the homes, either before or during the operation," Brig. Gen. Yisrael Ziv, the Israel Defense Forces commander in Gaza, told Israel's Army Radio.

The demolitions came a day after four Israeli soldiers were killed by Palestinian attackers who lived in Rafah. The Islamic group Hamas, which has carried out military and terror attacks on Israelis in the past, claimed responsibility.

Can you proove these people came from these houses? There the IDF said all the buildings destroyed were watched by our soldiers for the past 2 months, weren't occupied by any civilians and were all used for military purposes. The Ha'aretz is known to be a left winged news paper (it's name means "the land", and was initialy intended for land workers who, at the time, lived in communist structures such as the kibuzt) and I find it very inappropriate to put parts of it's editorial (or any editorial for that matter) in a field report that should only give facts and reaction from the people concerned.

Originally posted by Blackadder
My friend means, now the weapons have been captured, will they be added to the Isreal armed forces?

A third party (like the BBC) is best as it is not personally aligned...

If you want accurate results, maybe you should try a Swiss newspaper...
;)

The weapons will be used as evidences when Arafat will turn in his officers that Israel says were involved. Except for that the weapons will probably be kept in the desert for emergency cases.

G-Man, have you ever questioned the information you get in Israel? Don't get me wrong, I don't say it's always wrong or something like that. But you seem to believe it every single time.

Can you be so sure that there's never any agression from the IDF's side? You can't tell me that there aren't at least a few people in Israel who'd like to "kick the Arab's asses"!

Can you rule out that there aren't any incident's where the Palestinians are not to blame?

P.S: To make that clear again, I don't say the Palestinias are NEVER to blame, far from that, but I seriously doubt that they're responsible for EVERYTHING that's going wrong in the Mideast.

Originally posted by Hitro
G-Man, have you ever questioned the information you get in Israel? Don't get me wrong, I don't say it's always wrong or something like that. But you seem to believe it every single time.

Can you be so sure that there's never any agression from the IDF's side? You can't tell me that there aren't at least a few people in Israel who'd like to "kick the Arab's asses"!

Can you rule out that there aren't any incident's where the Palestinians are not to blame?

P.S: To make that clear again, I don't say the Palestinias are NEVER to blame, far from that, but I seriously doubt that they're responsible for EVERYTHING that's going wrong in the Mideast.

I've never said the entire blame is on the Palestinians. Sometimes I think the IDF responded too strongly. I also heard about times when Israelis attacked arabs because they're arabs, but in all cases thery were arrested, brought to trial and sentenced to go to jail for a few years. However, I've been watching the media both in Israel and in other countries throught the internet and I've never found a single mistake in what the Israeli media said.

Top Bottom