Kathys graphic modcomps

Well, the horse Artilleries I did some months ago for my mod, but never released them seperately, so this is no very new item. But yes, at the moment I am tinkering a bit, and if it is good I will release it.

Panzerwerfer 42
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/panzerwerfer-42.30348/
Another model I made few weeks ago.
I requested this a while ago, and later I made this based on the SdKfz and the Nebelwerfer from Brehouls RTW-Mod: The Panzerwerfer 42, a self propelled german missile launcher from 2nd worldwar. Im am not completely happy with it, because the shape of the truck is not exacly like on the photo, but it was the best I could do.

Download here.

Thank you vor the link.
But, I am not able to convert anything. I only work with nifscope and put together existing things. Once I tried blender, but failed.

Ah ah, I ve been turning my brain and my database upside down for the whole last thursday afternoon to find a solution for this one! I ve also looked today in various games I have if I could export a model, but it remained undoable for me. I can have a look for the rocket launcher, but the nebelwerfer does the job.
It will be hard to do better without 3d modeling, so, well done!
Is it animated?

I remember. This is in case someone manages to mobilize for this socially useful cause :)
The link you gave is an entire mod file; it requires several softwares (and knowledge) to extract data, and -as far as I know- 3DSmax7 at least to edit the models. Also not sure it s "low-poly" enough for CivIV...

Also not sure it s "low-poly" enough for CivIV..
The "Сompany of heroes" is an old game of the end of the "zero" years. The size of the models from it in the OBJ. format is about 2+ megabytes. I suspect that 80% of the "mass" is textures. For comparison: the models from the second part have a size of about 20 with 10-15 thousand "triangles".

The link you gave is an entire mod file; it requires several softwares (and knowledge) to extract data,
Unfortunately, yes, but I was guided by the fact that a very large part of the units on the forum are just extracted from games. The problem is that the CoH seems to be too old and not popular enough - I don't see tutorials on extracting models on the web yet. Although there are craftsmen who possess this secret knowledge for sure (judging by the models posted not so long ago).

The "Сompany of heroes" is an old game of the end of the "zero" years. The size of the models from it in the OBJ. format is about 2+ megabytes. I suspect that 80% of the "mass" is textures. For comparison: the models from the second part have a size of about 20 with 10-15 thousand "triangles".
Should be discussed with competent people, but it would probably make a 500kb nif file, which would be heavy. Perhaps there are technics to lower them without quality loss, but it s out of my knowledge.
You re talking about OBJ... Do you have those models in OBJ format?
Unfortunately, yes, but I was guided by the fact that a very large part of the units on the forum are just extracted from games. The problem is that the CoH seems to be too old and not popular enough - I don't see tutorials on extracting models on the web yet. Although there are craftsmen who possess this secret knowledge for sure (judging by the models posted not so long ago).
Well, just as CivIV, COH has its fanatics. EasternFront (have a look on steam) is a heavy mod which is still active.
There are tools to work on this game and some tutorials to use them (the same as Relic s WH40K). However, it requires real skills and all this may sound esoteric to newbies without any deep involvement, which remains in my opinion too much time/neuron consuming :).

Should be discussed with competent people, but it would probably make a 500kb nif file, which would be heavy.

Well, the war with extra polygons on this site is a harsh necessity and even I have heard something about it. :D
In the "Blender", as far as I understand, there are 4 tools for reducing polygons. With the sweetest names "decimation", "collapse", etc. In addition, the screenshot shows details that can be painlessly removed. Finally, parts of the parts, on the contrary, will not be visible (the bottom, the lower part of the tracks, etc.) and they can be eliminated.

Do you have those models in OBJ format?

No, it's just that some models from the "СоН" are available for a fee.
However, it requires real skills and all this may sound esoteric to newbies without any deep involvement, which remains in my opinion too much time/neuron consuming :).

Yes, this is clearly for giants and veterans, And even for them, it is probably better to look for models in the more familiar "Blitzkrieg"

Ah ah, I ve been turning my brain and my database upside down for the whole last thursday afternoon to find a solution for this one! I ve also looked today in various games I have if I could export a model, but it remained undoable for me. I can have a look for the rocket launcher, but the nebelwerfer does the job.
It will be hard to do better without 3d modeling, so, well done!
Is it animated?
Yes, it uses the mobileSam.kfm (maybe changed) which comes with the Nebelwerfer and is included in the file.

Model found. I m looking for a working texture before going further. Unless you feel skilled to texture it yourself?

No, I have only few experience with texturing, only simple reskins, but I never made a texture for a modell.

Different towed Artilleries
A pack of several towed artilleries, towed by different trucks, tractors, tankettes and halftrack vehicle.
The unit graphics are from different modders (see credits), I only put them together and made the animations which make them turn around and drive with the vehicle forward.

Download here.

Hi Kathy,
I had a look at your trucked artillery pack. Two/three questions then:

1- do we have to paste/copy the 152mm_gun_howitzer kfs in each unit directory?
2- how to identify the NiInterpolator in the kfs and what he affects in the nif?
3- better: can you make a tuto for the rotation thing?

Hi Kathy,
I had a look at your trucked artillery pack. Two/three questions then:

1- do we have to paste/copy the 152mm_gun_howitzer kfs in each unit directory?
2- how to identify the NiInterpolator in the kfs and what he affects in the nif?
3- better: can you make a tuto for the rotation thing?
1) Not, it is not necessary - as long as you have at least ony folder with the correct .kf and refer to it in the artDefines.xml (and you should have an artillery.nif in the same folder)
2 and 3) In this case, it was quite easy, but it has been a long time ago, and I do not remember everything. I just altered artillery_md_run.kf
To turn the whole unit, I edited "1 NiTransformInterpolator", because this was linked to "Dummy_Artillery_Body" (every item which has to be turned needs to be linked to this node in the nif - linked to MD oder MD_NonAccum only would to rotate the unit in this case). Whithin this TransformInterpolator I set "Rotation" to R =-180 for a horizontal turn.
In "0 NiControllerSequence" you can find the "NiTransformInterpolator" linked to each Bone within the different "Controlled Blocks" blocks.
I do not know enough to write a tutorial, because I only did this for the Artilleries and Horse Artilleries with just one node.

Top Bottom