Kathys graphic modcomps

Hi Kathy,

1) Not, it is not necessary - as long as you have at least ony folder with the correct .kf and refer to it in the artDefines.xml (and you should have an artillery.nif in the same folder)
2 and 3) In this case, it was quite easy, but it has been a long time ago, and I do not remember everything. I just altered artillery_md_run.kf
To turn the whole unit, I edited "1 NiTransformInterpolator", because this was linked to "Dummy_Artillery_Body" (every item which has to be turned needs to be linked to this node in the nif - linked to MD oder MD_NonAccum only would to rotate the unit in this case). Whithin this TransformInterpolator I set "Rotation" to R =-180 for a horizontal turn.
In "0 NiControllerSequence" you can find the "NiTransformInterpolator" linked to each Bone within the different "Controlled Blocks" blocks.
I do not know enough to write a tutorial, because I only did this for the Artilleries and Horse Artilleries with just one node.
So you use the same trick as you did in your tatchanka?

In general, yes. The Tatchaka was for the attack animation, the artilleries for running.

I would say that such things are not only very old, but, hmm... eternal. 1. Sleds were really used practically as chariots - i.e. the combat option is a driver + an archer, plus there were special "racing" sleds for raids, etc. 2. And clearly long before the chariots - this was observed among the Chukchi and Koryaks, who lived safely almost in the Neolithic. 3. In the 18th and 19th centuries, bows were replaced with guns, and shooting from sleds was used in the Civil War.

By the way, this is a competition. A truly Russian form of biathlon.

Last edited:
Hi Kathy, I was wondering if you could model a chariot. I was wondering if you could take the spoked wheels from MightyToad's Egyptian War Chariot Archer and replace the primitive wheels on the other chariot. I just need distinct line of spoked wheel chariots. If you could it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Chariot_Archer_Civ5.rar
    1 MB · Views: 13
That won't be possible for me. The wheels of the chariots are not seperate parts I can just replace by each other. For the sledge, I had to shrink the wheels till they are almost invisible. Thes what I could do with the wheels of this chariot, too. But I cannot add the wheels of the other model, because they are part of the whole modell. Sorry.

Hi Kathy, I was wondering if you could model a chariot. I was wondering if you could take the spoked wheels from MightyToad's Egyptian War Chariot Archer and replace the primitive wheels on the other chariot. I just need distinct line of spoked wheel chariots. If you could it would be greatly appreciated.
Here you go.
Works fine in Nifskope, but confirm it s ok in game.
Non-shader only, don t forget this when you write your art xml.

Attachments

• Chariot_Archer.rar
    64.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Chariot_Archer_MOD_20230301_18-13-01.jpg
    Chariot_Archer_MOD_20230301_18-13-01.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
Nice building. By the way, it can be tied to a horse resource. And in general, in reality, the horses were responsible not only for the cavalry and the economy, but also for the good mood of the "users" :old: . If red sports cars are not being produced yet, you can always harness 12 horses to a carriage with a zug and be very happy, yeah

Which do you mean? The hedgemaze, I presume? In general, I like the shape, but if you have a good idea, why not. Or do you mean the uffizi to make it more accurate? Truely to say, I do not even know how the whole building looks.

Ah, I understand. For me, this is not necessary, but is seems at least one (Spillsandstains) would be interested in it.

The ‘troytown’ maze is a very early Dark Age Christian feature here in southern England: they were rounded rather than square and walked by meditating monks ... there are a few left. I think they had a Gaulish origin: later square mazes were popular, there is a huge one in London I visited as a kid (1472)

Top Bottom