Kazakhstan Embassy

Nice one sooooo. Totally throwing them under the bus will be useful whether we use it now or later with Cav.

We haven't given them anything and they've given us a great tool for divide and conquer. Either we get what we want or Cav gets this info.

I know it doesn't really matter, but just throwing it out there- If we did do that to Kaz there will probably be no going back.

What do we want from Kaz again?

Well, it's obvious the cities are off the table.

What seems to be on the table is putting Cav in a defensive position. The way I see it they are the only team that stands in our way to victory (if that). However, if we can change the direction of alliance towards our side (3 v 2) don't we come out further ahead?

If Kaz won't play to our game then at some point that discussion with Cavscout could come in handy when talking to Cav about their near back stab.

Nice one sooooo. Totally throwing them under the bus will be useful whether we use it now or later with Cav.

We haven't given them anything and they've given us a great tool for divide and conquer. Either we get what we want or Cav gets this info.

I don't see Kaz becoming our allies unless they're getting someone major out of it. Either they already think the balance of power has shifted towards us, or they are playing mind games with us.

I kind of want an alliance, but I don't really see a reason to give up TKY and Zero. I'd be ok with an alliance where we both actively war on Cav and Kaz keeps any cities that either of us take from Cav. We still have land to settle...

I don't see Kaz becoming our allies unless they're getting someone major out of it. Either they already think the balance of power has shifted towards us, or they are playing mind games with us.
And remember that if they do see us becoming too powerful they'll decide to do the same thing they theoretically did to Cav, knife us in the back when we become too powerful if we don't do it to them first.

Maybe it's simply a ruse on Kaz' and Cavs behalf. I don't know but all I'm saying is these comments should be kept for posterity and used if necessary.

Spoiler :
cav scout says (18:35):
for us to take the huge step of turning on CAV would take TKY and Zero
which would allow us to get at them
Memphus says (18:36):
i see.
so to understand if we gifted TKY and Zero you would enter an alliance with us, and go attack cav?
cav scout says (18:37):
yeah
cav scout says (18:38):
if we are going to do a 180 we would want to hit them hard before they can react to the shift in the geopolitical situation
Memphus says (18:41):
so I guess from Sancta's view where is the advantage for us?
You attack Cav and Not Us?
cav scout says (18:42):
well we think its a little larger then that in terms of scope
the dynamics of the game would be vastly different
Memphus says (18:42):
how so? unless you mean tech wise?
cav scout says (18:43):
well it seems that either you or CAV will be eliminated first
cav scout says (18:44):
well if it was SANCTA/Saturn/Kaz and we took the fight to CAV...
cav scout says (18:52):
well we would end our relationship with CAV at a time that they would consider a deal breaking
cav scout says (18:53):
we would be crossing the rubicon for sure
cav scout says (18:53):
of course
and we would want certain guarantees like tech sharing etc
we are in a comfortable relationship with CAV right now to be clear
cav scout says (18:54):
we just are looking far into the future
Memphus says (18:54):
that makes sense.
cav scout says (18:54):
and see them running away with the game
cav scout says (18:56):
you have to admit, this would make the MTDG more interesting
Memphus says (18:56):
well it has always been interesting for us , but i can see how this make make your teams game more fun
cav scout says (18:57):
oh but above the current interest level just think of all the CAV guys screaming bloody murder lol
Memphus says (18:57):
oh true yeah they would flip....which i would enjoy.

I have no doubt that Kaz' only chance is to play spoiler and hope to back door their way into a victory. The only way it can be accomplished is continually backstabbing the leader.

It's also why ATM's offer seems fair. If they take Cav land then we let them take the spoils (should be negotiated though since we may be able to get more than nothing from this). Personally, I'm not sure that helps them much in the long run since they'll have enormous problems holding a front and building back up if that's accomplished.

IIRC, we haven't even hit stride with our traits and UU.

And remember that if they do see us becoming too powerful they'll decide to do the same thing they theoretically did to Cav, knife us in the back when we become too powerful if we don't do it to them first.

Does not compute. If Kaz think we are the most powerful team now and they are joining us, they won't backstab if we are too powerful, they'll backstab if they think they can get something out of it, which is tantamount to this being psychological warfare, joining us with Cavs knowledge to lure us down a path where we can get ambushed by the trio.

Leaning towards Whomps opinion...blackmail them.

Whomp said:
I have no doubt that Kaz' only chance is to play spoiler and hope to back door their way into a victory. The only way it can be accomplished is continually backstabbing the leader.

It's also why ATM's offer seems fair. If they take Cav land then we let them take the spoils (should be negotiated though since we may be able to get more than nothing from this). Personally, I'm not sure that helps them much in the long run since they'll have enormous problems holding a front and building back up if that's accomplished.

Same offer we gave them last time. I like that. Especially as after this turn we show our hand to Kaz.

IIRC, we haven't even hit stride with our traits and UU.

Not even close, and that is the scary thing...

It's already been said ofc...no cities-no way-no how....

We are in the drivers seat, and just starting to roll onto the throttle. They ain't seen nothin' yet!!!:assimilate:

I don't think it's wise to threaten to tell Cav about Kaz's attempted allegience switch. If we do, Kaz will never again take a chance to talk to us about switching to our side and surely that's a door we should never close.

I don't think any deal is possible that we and Kaz will be happy with so I reckon the best response is to say that handing over 2 cities is a deal breaker. Ask if they would consider any deal that doesn't involve handing over any cities and assuming we still can't find an agreeable deal (which seems likely), politely decline their alliance proposal and make it sound like we are going to try and peacefully build our way ahead of Cav while actually building a big army to destroy Kaz.

That's assuming we want to give the impression we're peacfully building, which maybe we don't (for fear of Kaz invading us). But I think it helps more than it hurts.

Well the turn was played :evil: so Kaz will have to see, that them "assuring" us lib isn't a very strong point as we are now 2 turns away from it...

cav scout is slightly pissed we ended turn.

cav scout says (01:04):
still up?
Krill says (01:04):
yeah
cav scout says (01:04):
so you guys played your turn quickly
Krill says (01:05):
you might want to enter the game and have a look around
cav scout says (01:05):
regarding the GS's?
Krill says (01:05):
sure
cav scout says (01:06):
anything else i should log in to see?
Krill says (01:06):
so you got told about I take it
cav scout says (01:06):
well caste, the golden age, and compass made it obvious
what kind of bulbs you have planned
cav scout says (01:07):
we planned for that back when you guys switch to caste
switched
Krill says (01:07):
I know
cav scout says (01:09):
so should we proceed with an offer or not interested anymore?
Krill says (01:09):
Oh, we are very interested in your offer
cav scout says (01:11):
well i havent been able to hammer out anything fancy
Krill says (01:12):
within Kaz?
cav scout says (01:12):
yeah, just some basic ideas right now
Krill says (01:13):
basic ideas from you, who know your own capabilites and intents, are better discussion points than the conjecture from SANCTA about what you want or would be willing to do
cav scout says (01:14):
*TKY and Zero to Kaz

*Kaz will be entitled to their current territory, TKY and zero lands and all of CAV’s current lands. SANCTA is entitled to the rest of the map. Open borders agreement will be in effect.

*SANCTA, Kaz and Saturn will freely gift all techs to each other on request. The alliance will coordinate together for shared tech goals.

*Kaz will attack CAV with all avai
available units no later than turn XXX (reasonable amount of time to stage our current forces, shift triremes to the West, etc.)
very rough i know but its hard to hammer stuff out on the fly
Krill says (01:14):
that's decent
cav scout says (01:33):
is that enough for discussion to proceed on your side?
Krill says (01:33):
I think so
cav scout says (01:34):
there would be other things to figure out obviously, feel free to come back with any ideas

I agree with ATM. Especially when the biggest thing they're saving us tech wise is Saturn's GS for Philo and maybe the Lib bulb. They want us to give them two cities in exchange for wiping out a foe and 2 GP. Two cities that, once given away, will never return to us without a really long and bloody war. Oh, and if this is a devilish plan being done with Cav's approval, then we've just handed those two teams the game by signing this deal.

Those 2 GPs are valuable, but prime city locations and chokepoints are invaluable. If we didn't give up TKY/Zero/Zhu Cha, then I'd say go for it; turning over captured cities is fine, and even all city gold (I assume we'd have a don't-pillage-the-non-metals-and-ivory clause; tech sharing negates the importance of who gets the gold, though). Of course, this plan leaves Kaz territory split in two. Them's the breaks if they want to expand through the sword, because it sure ain't happening through SANCTA.
And I really can't give up a perfect drafting city in a front-line location to a Diplomacy-style backstabber. Do we even have another city than can draft every single turn with the Globe? Unless we're willing to stack draft unhappiness in other cities (with high offensive WW likely, this is a preferred situation), we'll still need 20 non-TKY cities drafting to get the maximum 3 units/turn.

Giving Kaz Cav's lands helps Kaz. Fine.
Giving Kaz TKY and Zero hurts SANCTA. Not Fine.

:goodjob:

And this is why the turn was played...because there is no point stallign the game when the entire team thinks it is unacceptable to give away those cities (which quite frankly it is).

IMO our rebuttle to Kaz is the deal works if we keep our cities. If not, then we are sorry you will be the first team our of this game.

IMO our rebuttle to Kaz is the deal works if we keep our cities. If not, then we are sorry you will be the first team our of this game.
This is what we need to say to Kaz. They are obsessing over TKY and those cities like Imperio was obsessing over cape town in the poly game, and it's killing them.

If they choose to attack us all the better, since it'll slow down their tech, if they decide to tech, then we'll hopefully kill them once we're ready.

Quick Chat with Cav Scout:

Spoiler :

Memphus says:
Afternoon. Are the messengers still on thier way?
Jon says:
oh hey
Jon says:
i chatted with Krill the other day and gave him the basic outline of what we were thinking
Jon says:
we are holding the game up now
Memphus says:
waiting for us to respond to that?
Jon says:
yeah, he said that was enough for you guys to have a discussion
Jon says:
CAV is getting worried I think, the less advanced warning they get the better
Memphus says:
what have you todl them for the time being?
Jon says:
just they we were having some heated internal debates about the future of our alliance
Jon says:
since they basically lied about helping us in war
Memphus says:
how so?
Memphus says:
they gifted gold for your axe==>maces upgrade?
Jon says:
well lets just say we feel taken advantage of
Memphus says:
or were they supposed to flank us at TKY?
Memphus says:
(we were surprised that never came btw)
Memphus says:
so they gave some gold, you guys did heavy lifting, while they built markets and doubled thier city count?
Memphus says:
yeah that might jade me a little too...
Jon says:
I would love to see Oyzar crap his pants when his go after him
Memphus says:
well technically nothing is stopping you now
Jon says:
when we rather
Memphus says:
we could open our borders and even build a road there for you...
Memphus says:
thier first city is just SWest of TKY!
Jon says:
well we would only feel comfortable if we had a solid land connection to any cities we gain to the west
Memphus says:
what if we could provide that without gifting TKY and Zero?
Jon says:
well the whole thing for us hinges on those cities
Memphus says:
which i just don't get...
Memphus says:
you said you get cav land, we get all other land
Memphus says:
which would technically include MS on the other end of the world, so how these 2 cities is so important I am unsure
Jon says:
we have people that just want to make a fortress Kaz and let you and CAV go at it
Jon says:
i think we should expand west
Jon says:
and having continguous territory is a no brainer
Memphus says:
well that is what I am saying...all the land is gone in the west now, Cav has it
Memphus says:
and as for the straight line of cities, that i agree too
Memphus says:
but you don't need TKY or Zero for that
Jon says:
well we wouldnt want our lands divided
Memphus says:
ok, understood.
Memphus says:
and our team can't give up either city.
Memphus says:
so if there is no middle ground, it looks like fortress Kaz.
Jon says:
aaaargh
Memphus says:
that said if you really want to see us go at with Cav we can sign something more lucrative?
Jon says:
well the only way i was able to get support to attack
Jon says:
CAV was that we would switch sides
Memphus says:
so i guess you will be delcaring on us in what 7-8 turns now when the Cease Fire Ends officially?
Jon says:
nah we dont want to just loose again
Jon says:
you'll be expecting us, whearas CAV would be ripe for the taking
Memphus says:
yup they have little defence..
Memphus says:
we woudl steam them roll them right now, but need our units in the core incase you guys come back knocking.
Jon says:
well we can build our cheap uni's now, which is what the turtle faction wants
Memphus says:
Well we are open to anything other than those 2 cities i would say...
Memphus says:
meaning tech trades, heck we would even considering gifting you guys tech if you hit cav
Jon says:
ok, i will let my team know
Memphus says:
also let us know if you want to renew the NAP when it expires...if not each turn could get pretty dicey.
Jon says:
ok, that might be a good idea
Jon says:
talk to you later

they want to have a land connection to their cities... and are willing to grant us all the non-cav land... but take away OUR land connection to those lands?

Top Bottom