Keldath addons

VISA version 1.20 is NOT save game compatible...neither the patch or full download.

Lord_of_War said:
I apologize for the ignorance in my question but I have not been keeping up w/ the posts since classes have started back. So, I have up to pactch (c) installed, what goes next - 1.2 or 2.0?

There is no VISA 2.0

We have released a patch .2 for those already with VISA and a separate version of the complete 1.2 for brand new VISA players (or people that want a clean install, only pakbuild changes).

BTW, expect a NEW thread up Saturday :)

Re: CTDs

Thx to Keldath and Axil.
I followed Keldath's suggestion, and using the old (slower!!) set of graphics things seem to be working fine.
I had a number of queries about various things, but I'll now install 0.2 and will revert here with those that survive after this patch.
Lu

Query: differences between VISA and "sevo+gir-3.2d+5uu"

caveat:
- VISA (WL) is pre-patch 0.2
- I still have to install "sevo+gir-3.2d+5uu", but I have played with the previous version for sevo3.1c.

The query is: are the present differences between VISA (WL) and "sevo+gir-3.2d+5uu" going to be settled? If so, how?
In particular, I've noticed a significant difference in the set of buttons at the bottom of the main screen, those that allow you to decide how to view a stack of units -- missing in VISA.
Lu

Visa was originally based on Amra's mod as Sevo hadn't ( and still hasn't atm) made a WL version of his mod.
Keldath et al. did try to make a WL version of Sevo+Gir+5uu but it hit major problems with CTDs which was after a lot of bug-hunting by a whole load of us tracked to city attack promotion and walls but the actually cause could not be found.
WL version of that mod was put on hold until Sevo updated to WL and work commenced on what became Visa.

I'm assuming at some point there will be a Sevo-Gir-5UU incorporation into Visa but it's work in progress (if I'm wrong please correct) :)

EDIT I just got exactly the same thing that Civ4ludo posted, a memory allocation error. Mine was on map generation with smartmapvisa is it possible smartmap visa is bugged . Civ4ludo were using samrtmap visa for your games?

hey guys,

civludo,

well thres much difference betwen the two versions,
the vanilla is as said based on sevo,
and visa on amra,
basicley -sevo has more stuff in it, but visa also is more refined and bugs free (kinda)

in the future, we willl most likely to include almost every thing sevo wll have, and more.

we intend to expand this mod very much, we hope it to be huge :)

mmm bout the smart map thingy....i never liked it, always said it causes problems, so for now i would suggest to play without,
untill mrgenie take a look.

There's definitely something amiss with smartmap visa as i'm now tried every starting placement setting and 75% of the time it's put the starting placement in a really stupid place best one being on top of a tundra surrounded by ice. Think I'll go back to the original map generator or original smartmap as never seen that sort of stupidity from either of those.

EDIT:
Done some more testing with Visa 1.2 and visa smart map and I can definitely say
1. Visa smartmap is the problem on my CTDs with bad memory allocation
2. It's utterly fuxxored anyway - 3 map generations - first on tundra with 5 of my surrounding tiles as ice , second on barren rock no resources near and best of all the third - spawned in the middle of the ocean ( on sea not island) witn no land in sight. should be easy to set up just randomn visa smartmap and then regenerate the map.

On a final point is the leaderhead graphic for Attila just a placeholder for now? - atm everytime I have to talk to him I just groan as the static picture just destroys any sense of immersion for me to the point where I'd really would have prefered not have had him included in the mod. :(

It seems the only add-on available for download is the full package Sevomod 3.2d + GIR's add-on for Sevomod 3.2d + 5UU
353 MB!
Is there any link where I could get 5UU only? (I already have Sevomod and GIR's add-on, both with added French texts, so I just need 5UU now)

is REAL bad due to slow transfer speed (below 10 kB/sec).

I'm used to 100-300 !!! Any alternatives ?

Edit ::cry:: below 7.5 kB/sec now (13.5 hours to go)

Edit : UNBELIEVABLE, the bloody thing TIMED OUT so I have to restart...

Good thing the Mod quality is MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better than the download speed :wink:
Big thanks to all modders.

PDBEL

Move to one of the alternate sites!

<---- currently 24 meg xferred, cruising at 45KB, 86 minutes ETA to finish

Alondin

hey all,

if you guys need a faster dl speed -plz use a dl manager, also if its timed out -it can be restored from point break.

and titi,
i can only say that you can merge the unit files to get the units,

im sorry but i havnt got time to make a seperate addon for five uu for sevo+gir.

truley sorry.

anyway for now i wont develop anymore the vanilla verion.

The new KelGIR3.2D for vanilla Civ4 advertizes 2 more civics categories along with 2 more options for each. What are the 2 extra categories? I have downloaded and installed the latest version and I do not see the 2 categories. I just see all of the originals. The MOD seems to be working fine though. Very strange! Maybe I'm missing something here. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have downloaded and installed the latest version and I do not see the 2 categories. I just see all of the originals. The MOD seems to be working fine though. Very strange! Maybe I'm missing something here. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I dont remember seeing Idolatry- and tribal law. Those might be the added ones.
but I havent played the last vanilla mod for at least a month so...

I do not have warlords yet and have been waiting for the new sevo add-on......Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is great!The sevo 3.2 was awesome, but I missed some of the add-ons you had. This new version is great, and FAST. It took forever to dl, but now this mod loads faster than Civ4 ever did!
did I remeber to say thanks? (To sevo for his hard work, and to each of you that worked on the Keldath add-ons)!!

THANKS FOR THE NEW VERSION MAN!!!

Downloading right away :DDDDDDD

man the download will take forever xD

Top Bottom