Kill it with fire!! (top 5 DOW on sight civs)

Somehow from my games I hate and I am suspicious of every women in the game - Wu Zetian, Elizabeth, Boudicca, Catherine, I just hate them, they have betrayed me several times, so no respect for women this time. I just know when I meet women early in the game, that there is going to be a trouble, just like in the real life. :lol:

Alex is a pain, but Brazil also needs to be eliminated before tourism takes affect.

PS if the Shoshone get the great wall, don't even try to touch them until the late game

1. England

Just because of personal reasons! When CiV was released, I nearly always played as America. In four games in a row she insulted me a few rounds after we met. Sometimes she directly denounced me. I will never forget that! May her empire burn in hell...

2. Poland

In every game with Poland, Casimir got very strong in a short amount of time. The later you attack him, the more difficult it will be.

Though there are several civilizations who make a game more difficult, I do enjoy the challenges they bring, and I find that each unique leader brings the best of a certain element of BNW to the forefront of a playthrough.

I will say, however, I dislike:

1) The Celts - Starting up a religion and spreading it is nightmarishly difficult while combating an incessant swarm of missionaries.
2) The English - Queen of Betrayals and of Deceit. Playing with Lizzy is murderously mind-numbing, considering she becomes most annoying at two intervals (the medieval age and again in the atomic era). Trying to wipe her out when she maintains a unit like the Longbowman is nearly impossible if you don't want to focus entirely on conflict.
3) The Ethiopians - Another religious zealot and another wonder spammer. The only upside to having him in the game is taking Addis Abbaba and swimming in the +30 happiness you receive from all the wonders there! :)

4) The Brazilians - If Pedro can survive past the Classical and Medieval Age, he becomes the Cultural King. In my last game playing AS Pedro II, I managed to (with only 2 cities):

- Finish the game with a semi-beelined Diplomatic Victory with 39 Delegates
- Swim in 165+ GPT for most of the game
- End the game with 95+ happiness
- Avoid war for the entire game
- Swallow up almost all CS as allies
- Have a magnificent Tourism Output
- Have a Cultural Output of 468+
- Have a Science Output of 760+
- Wonderspam like never before

Let's face it - Brazil is a powerhouse if played correctly!

1. Austria - So much expansion. All those wasted city state bonuses...
2. Iroquois - They are so aggressive! How come I can never warmonger like they do when I play as them?
3. India - if they spawn next to me at the start of the game. It's usually Gandhi's fault because he covets my lands.
4. England - that voice! I'm glad I can't understand most of the other civ's languages.
5. Greece - need I say more?

I find it funny that me and Genghis Khan always end up being BFFs 4 Lyfe! Don't know why that is? If I warmonger, I denounce what he denounces and we take over the world together. If I go peaceful, we just trade all the time. Even if he is a neighbor, I just rarely go to war with him. And if I do go to war, when peace is declared, we go right back to being friends.

Attachments

• lugarcongelado.jpg
    lugarcongelado.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 596
My top 5 hitlist, based heavily upon personal disdain:

5. Austria- I refuse to deal with turn 40 religions, absolutely ridiculous REX and gobbling up city states like some sort of virus spreading all over the map.

4. Carthage- I'm just sick and tired of them. Dido always manages to gobble up her entire continent, steal all of my city state allies (usually the turn before a world congress session) and chose a different ideology than me, proceeding to sucker everyone into adopting the same one with imminent threats of war.

3. Russia- I can't remember the last time I have played a game with Russia where they didn't become the most ridiculous runaway imaginable. I swear she cheats with how fast her borders grow. By the atomic era, half of the map is Russian territory!

2. Incas- Similar to Carthage, except worse. I have had countless horrible experiences playing with Pachacuti. His start bias usually turns the map all around into a hilly mountainous nightmare, and alongside being a relentless warmongering, backstabbing turd, he is one of the worst wonder spammers I have ever seen, usually building multiple wonders at once in all three of his 40 pop cities.

1. India- Just. Too. Many. Nukes.

Hate alex. he is ally of all CSs. I'm trying to steal his allies but he has 200+ relation points and that's not possible to steal more than 2-3 CSs. also, he is literally a jerk.

also hate Siam, Russia, Austria, Venice, Rome, Iroquois etc.

1. France - Going for a cultural victory? Napoleon's chateaus have something to say about that.
2. The Ottomans - I've had a rivalry with them going all the way back to Vannila. They'd always spawn next to me and constantly demand tribute from me(when that was a thing)
3. America - They've been doing some serious wonderspamming in my games, and keeping an army of warriors well into the Industrial Era? Why is everyone denouncing me? He was pretty much begging to be conquered. :lol:
4. Korea - Find them too late into the game and you're done. They've either got an impenetrable defense or an army so advanced that they turn into the world bully.
5. Sweden - Come on man, it was one little war. No need to start denouncing people!

Honorary mention, Songhai. He's never really bothered me but he is in every single game I play, and usually the first civ I meet. Also I find it highly ironic how he acts all peaceful considering his leader screen.

I guess I'm lucky. I rarely get the worst offenders here in my games. The game is usually pretty consistent with the AIs it picks for my games. I can't think of one game I've played where there hasn't been Mongolia, the Dutch, Germany, Songhai, or Russia.

No one is attack on sight, but....

1. Austria always needs to be brought into line. I'd ally with CSs and stay at war with her for 100s of years without ever exchanging blows, just to prevent her gaining ground.

2. Hiawatha is a locust. Declare or instigate wars against him at the earliest convenience. Thankfuly, he brings heat upon himself regularly.

3. Egypt, as previously mentioned, attack at the earliest opportunity to gain a city full of wonders.

4. Huns/Assyria/Greece/Zulu as neigbhours... forget about early strategy thougts, expansion through retaliatory conquest is your new goal.

1. Greece - Alex is a pain, early game taking the then huge cs bonuses, later ruling the congress. Plus no matter what you do, he'll turn on you for any reason he can find.

2. Austria - They make a city state lost forever. If there's Ghengis, you can at least liberate those, but Austria is a major pain.

3. Venice - See Austria.

4. Egypt/Songhai - Stealing early game wonders is evil, but hey, the end justifies the means.

5. India - I simply hate the so hypocritic little jerk mumbling around. Plus he usually has some wothwhile wonders.

The runaway civs are usually not much of a problem because most of the times they can be taken out by swift surgical blows/resource pillaging trips with cavalry or you can bribe others into attacking them (or them into attacking others:)).

Religious civs make me form my religion into an internally effective one, since you can always keep your own with inquisitors easily. And if you take interfaith dialogue with some faith generators, the Celts are going to be your best friends.

Some civs are on the other hand very good to save for later or never, simply because they can be so easily bribed into attacking others and you don't get any warmonger penalties for doing so. Rome/Mongolia/Zulu/Japan usually doesn't do anything annoying, no religion, doesnt kiss city states, doesn't spam wonders but they all are exceptionally effective warmongers.

I played 2 gold focused games, both had Siam and Greece. Alex was so presumtious and jerky until he had to beg not to be wiped out by Caesar and Shaka :).

1) The Zulus - They NEVER fail to conquer at least one capital and they always possess an army of 20 Impis.
2) Poland - They found a dozen+ cities and bully EVERYONE.
3) Morocco - They always spam wonders and policies with a core of cities and their trade network is top-notch.
4) The Shoshone - Same as Poland but they just deflate by the Industrial Era.
5) Venice - Never the top of the pack but always a regional powerhouse...their real problem is they are never big enough.
6) Assyria - Meh.
7) Brazil - They get out to 3 cities and a wonder or two and HALT.
8) Portugal - Worse than Brazil, they get to 2 or 3 cities and spam units which they never use.
9) Indonesia - They ALWAYS lose their capital and NEVER take advantage of their uniques...they suck.

1) The Zulus - They NEVER fail to conquer at least one capital and they always possess an army of 20 Impis.
2) Poland - They found a dozen+ cities and bully EVERYONE.
3) Morocco - They always spam wonders and policies with a core of cities and their trade network is top-notch.
4) The Shoshone - Same as Poland but they just deflate by the Industrial Era.
5) Venice - Never the top of the pack but always a regional powerhouse...their real problem is they are never big enough.
6) Assyria - Meh.
7) Brazil - They get out to 3 cities and a wonder or two and HALT.
8) Portugal - Worse than Brazil, they get to 2 or 3 cities and spam units which they never use.
9) Indonesia - They ALWAYS lose their capital and NEVER take advantage of their uniques...they suck.
You Win the Internet!
Spoiler :
:lol:

1. Polynesia. I hate, hate, hate, HATE him. Spams the map with useless cities that he cannot defend yet still finds the time to hoard wonders, his voice is annoying as can be, he ALWAYS founds the World Congress...all my hate. The fact that disabling the DLC doesnt last until a next session is extra...ugh.
2. Ethiopia. No, I don't want YOUR religion. No, I don't want your military to trump mine just cause you have a few cities. No, I don't want to be denounced for looking at you the wrong way. DIE!
3. Greece. "Oh hi, I'm Alexander, nice to meet you. Such a weak army you have, and what do your people do in their spare time, beat rocks together?"
4. Aztecs. Here comes Jaguar Rush #3128...
5. America. "Your wanton aggression..." Wait a sec, I'M the aggressor here?

I'm not really a warmounger, so this is more a list of "I know they're going to hate me for no particular reason, I know they'll declare war on me, I know I'll have to capture several of their cities to check their victory, and I won't feel bad about doing it because they are all arses."

5. Alexander (say him)- I hate alex with a burning passion, and the years have done little to quell my frustration. This pompous back stabbing dick is a high priority target, but only marks in at number 5 because he always fields a large empire (6-8 cities). I have never seen him set up a ludicrous empire (14-20) as most of the others on this list do.
4. Elizabeth (I beg your pardon!)- te queen of denouncements and the admiral of annoyance, queen lizzy and I have never once shared even a lukewarm friendship. She always finds something to throw a hissyfit about within 5 turns of meeting her, wether it's having a different religion, having any cities that exist in any sense, or using the salad fork when I should have been using the dinner fork. The main problem is that once she starts ruining my rep there is little I can do, as maiming her adds feul to the fire and outright killing her will make other nations weary of me.
3.Enrico (merchant of mayhem)- I have personal reasons to kill this , but that is set aside when he buys my city state, at which point he tells ME not to settle near HIM, and then he denounces me because apperently I'm taking up too much space.
2. Washington (Manifest mass)- ludicrous empire? Yeah, washington pretty much wrote the book on it. He always is drowning in unhappiness, begs people for some rescources, and then declares war when he doesn't get it. He always choses order to mitigate some of the crushing unhappiness problems, and then comes to kill me when I chose freedom (like a strange Bizzarro world, or the twilight zone).
1. Hiawatha (Trail of my tears)- City spam? Check. Unit spam? Check. Wonder spam? Check. Warmounger? Check. Whinger? Check. Goes for science and dominates with it even when the real civ has several hundered years behind the times, even for their region? Check. Somehow still swimming in happiness and gold despite his size? check. I hate hiawatha with such a deep and burning fire of rage, that I may never hate a human the same way again.
Civs I don't hate as much as other people:
Aztecs- once monty's initial rush is over, he becomes a puppy dog.
Huns- never really had a war problem with them.
Zulu- I show shaka respect, he shows me respect. So far we have always had a mutual understanding, and my religion always sways him to my side.
Siam- I hate them a lot, alex just barely edges them out due to his haircut.

made me :lol:

I would think that you wouldn't hate washington as much, after his initial "they covet lands you currently own" modifier he gets stomped by any neighboring AI. I have yet to see a game where he survives to the Atomic Era.

Rome.

I just seem to get that guy every single game and I'm sick of his smug attitude. He is always the one to DOW or denounce me too.

1. Shaka: He always DOW
2. Suleiman: whenever I play against him he either doing a wonder spam or domination (and in the last time, he was on the other continent with the great wall, amphibious assault was hampered because of the mountainous terrain and catapult).
3. Alex: DOWing every time, but as Austria, I managed to pretty much defeat him.
4 Ramses: Tendency to wonderspam
5 Dido: traitorous Femme Fatal, though she gives up after few turns.
Others:
Ahmad Al-Mansur: Always manages to be technological advanced and wonderspamer, and ofc he's always on the other continent, has big cities, and always the hardest one to crack when going for culture.
Hiawatha: Just like Al-Mansur, with a lot of cities minus the culture
Montezuma=Shaka.
Wu-Zetian: just like Dido, but less.
Harold: Warmonger.
Maria: At the top of the Score every time!
I really like the Incas, they tend to be friendly.

I'm not hearing Wu get brought up a lot, but she's number one on my list of "kill on sights," just before Maria Theresa.

Greece, Greece, Greece, Greece and Greece

Imagine a big map like "Asia". You're heading towards a science victory and Alex has 18 votes in the WC. Good. Ten turns later you realize that now he's got 38 votes and he will become the world leader in 5 more turns, you don't have enough money and spies to get his CS, you are on the other end of the map -useless to declare war on him- and his neighbor civs are being eaten like candy. Game over.

If it had happened just one time it would be OK, but...Oh, how I hate him!!! :mad:

Top Bottom