Kim Jong Il Has Died

Kim Jong Il was goin2 war wit his bf hu jintao n they were crossin da dmz border to souf korea.

king jonh sed "hu will u ruv me 4evr"

hu said "NO..""

kim jong cryed N ran across da dmz to souf korea but was killed in no mans land

hu was cryin and went to pic up kim's body.

kim was ded.

hu whispered 2 his corpse "I ment 2 sey i will ruv u FIVE-ever..." (dat mean he luv kim moar den 4evr)

xxx~*...rike dis if u cry evry time...~*xxx
For some reason this made me think of this girl I met in Mexico who I become pen/e-mail pals with who often ended her e-mails with "I love you more than never".

So is Kim Jong-un the leader of North Korea now? Was he officially appointed as a successor, or was he just the obvious but still unofficial choice?

Nooo! Who shall now oppose the US imperialism?! Who shall now lead the resistance of all peoples of the world against capitalism?! I suspect that he didn't die just because, that he was poisoned by an US agent... :cry:

Nothing happening yet... It's possible KJI himself was a figurehead. If that's true it wont change much. They just need to ease the people into accepting the new dummy and everything will be dandy.

Or its calm before the storm. Or I'm wrong about everything and his son will have no problem being the new dictator. Nobody knows what the F happens inside that country.

:salute: North Korea is Best Korea :salute:

I think he is a pretty cool guy. He has a big cucumber and doesn't afraid of anything.

Pangur Bán;11131915 said:
Well, it's a mystery. We really don't know the mood of the North Korean people, nor how the N Korean generals see the best way to preserve themselves. For all we know N Koreans genuinely love the dynasty.

Given how crap the average North Korean's life is, I imagine they view the dictatorship as a necessary evil. After all, without a strong government, there is nothing to keep the west from conquering, enslaving and exploiting them.

Or, at least, that's probably what the government likely poses itself as. I imagine most people in dictatorships know their government's not free, but tolerate it because they think the alternatives are worse and/or are too afraid to fight back. All you need to do is break those, and tyranny is history.

He at least had a happy childhood.

Such a small child, dressed up like another rank and file soldier...

It's sad that Kim Il Sung ruined everyone in North Korea's lives, even that of his own family. They may have had all the money they could ever want, but some things are more important than wealth...

Nothing happening yet... It's possible KJI himself was a figurehead. If that's true it wont change much. They just need to ease the people into accepting the new dummy and everything will be dandy.

To my knowledge, most dictatorships aren't really dictatorships, but oligarchies with a prominent leader. Mubarak, for instance, was never really in control of Egypt - the military was. He was just the frontman, and with enough pressure, the military deposed him to preserve its power.

Stalin is one of the few individuals I can think of who had a genuine dictatorship, and that's likely because he regularly butchered his inner circle every few years. (Ergo, no one could amass enough power and influence to challenge him)

I imagine North Korea is just the same - the Kim family is their equivalent of a monarchy, with all the prestige that's been built around it. So, regardless of how intelligent and capable, or fat, lazy and incompetent the current head of the family is, it so far pays off to keep them.

Given how crap the average North Korean's life is, I imagine they view the dictatorship as a necessary evil. After all, without a strong government, there is nothing to keep the west from conquering, enslaving and exploiting them.

Or, at least, that's probably what the government likely poses itself as. I imagine most people in dictatorships know their government's not free, but tolerate it because they think the alternatives are worse and/or are too afraid to fight back. All you need to do is break those, and tyranny is history.

The average North Korean is also exposed to tons of propaganda on a daily basis, and has little knowledge of the world outside their borders. Low consciousness--they may tolerate the dictatorship because they don't know there is anything better.

To my knowledge, most dictatorships aren't really dictatorships, but oligarchies with a prominent leader. Mubarak, for instance, was never really in control of Egypt - the military was. He was just the frontman, and with enough pressure, the military deposed him to preserve its power.

Stalin is one of the few individuals I can think of who had a genuine dictatorship, and that's likely because he regularly butchered his inner circle every few years. (Ergo, no one could amass enough power and influence to challenge him)

I imagine North Korea is just the same - the Kim family is their equivalent of a monarchy, with all the prestige that's been built around it. So, regardless of how intelligent and capable, or fat, lazy and incompetent the current head of the family is, it so far pays off to keep them.

You are right, there are examples of both, but I'm not sure which one North Korea falls under. I'm not sure if anyone else really knows the inner workings of North Korean politics either, we just have suspicions and intuition.

The average North Korean is also exposed to tons of propaganda on a daily basis, and has little knowledge of the world outside their borders. Low consciousness--they may tolerate the dictatorship because they don't know there is anything better.

Oh they "know" what is beyond their borders. Or at least, what they were fed. If you observe the cartoons and media for all age groups, they all seem to have a recurring theme: the United States is evil and will attack some day.

For example, one involved a child not doing his homework, and the USA promptly invaded. It's telling the moral to do one's homework through an insane connection, but is also demonising the West.

But, I am convinced that between a mixture of fear, belief the government is actually protecting them, and ignorance of the many benefits of freer societies have all helped keep the dictatorship stable. How we can burst that bubble, I do not know...

Well, short of a massive invasion, but that's not only costly, but insane. Plus, it would just make the dictatorship's propaganda seem accurate.

I'm not sure if anyone else really knows the inner workings of North Korean politics either, we just have suspicions and intuition.

Indeed. All we know is their government has perhaps the greatest grip on information in the modern world.

It'll be thrilling to see what happens in N-Korea behind the cutrains.

More often than not in these situations there are some people who'd want to grab the power, maybe a 'rogue' general or something.
We'll see who comes out on top.
Also the new person in power (be Kim Yong-Un or a general) will need to 'prove' itself and test the loyalty of it's army, so I'm afraid (although I hope I'm wrong) there might me something like another Yeonpyeong attack, or a South-Korea or American ship being attacked.

Of course, I hope I'm completely wrong, but those things (A. someone else trying to get the power from the son and B. the need to prove and test loyalty) has happened very often in the past, all times, all over the world.

Rest in as much peace as you're going to get in whichever level of hell you get sent to, Comrade.

RE: everyone hoping for the collapse of the country: no, no, that's a terrible thing to hope for. The best thing would be a gradual and peaceful transition to democracy and transfer of power, paving the way for talks with the South. Collapse is a more dangerous prospect.

Kim Jong Il and Václav Havel. The contrast is overwhelming.

RIP Václav Havel.

Top Bottom