Kindling - a collection of short stories

You wrote a book? Cool! I'll check it out when I get the chance.

In the meantime, could I bother you by asking for some advice? I want to know how to get a book published. Suppose I have a good idea - where do I go from there?

You need to write it first. Then start sending it out to publishers and agents. The writers and artists yearbook has a comprehensive list of places to send your manuscript. Or you could go down the self publishing route that is becoming increasingly popular with the advent of eReaders. See Amazon KDP or Smashwords websites for further details on this approach. Good luck with your book idea and I look forward to hearing what you think of mine.

"Kindling" is a collection of twelve tales by award winning short story author Stephen Livingston. Written in a wide range of styles and covering a variety of themes.

Contents:
1. Choose Your Future - Winner of the Canongate Prize for New Writing, first published in the anthology "Scotland into the New Era".
2. Recycling - First published in the anthology "Scores 4" by the University of St. Andrews, Department of English.
3. The Waster's Tale - Winner of the EndPapers Tales Series Prize, first published in the anthology "Glasgow Tales".
4. The Wheel of Justice - Hilarious dark humour set on a near future TV game show in the U.S.
5. She Won't Call - A snapshot of student life.
6. A Cataract of Breaking Glass - A sad tale of love and loss.
7. Come Dancing - One page sketch combining sex and music.
8. The Farmer's Right Arm - Modern technology meets faith on the farm.
9. Jaipur Gems - A tourist meets the gangsters of the gemstone business in India.
10. The Adventures of Freddie the Moth - A tale of metamorphosis.
11. Work Abroad - Hopes of a new future aren't always what they seem.
12. The Tell-Tale Trunk - Contemporary reworking of Edgar Allan Poe's classic "The Tell-Tale Heart".

Top Bottom