KIOT2: Peace in Our Time

In accordance with General Assembly Resolution 2022-1 ratified earlier this season, the United Democratic People's Republic of Korea officially declares the Osterkamp government a rogue state. Persons or corporate entities providing material support to the illegitimate government will be prosecuted as abettors of a terrorist regime and may face fines, revocation of passports, revocation of corporate charter, seizure of fiscal assets, and/or criminal imprisonment. Seoul thanks you for your understanding.

The Commonwealth of Australia does a similar thing for similar reasons.

OOC: For those who've sent me diplomacy; I've been out of the country the last few days, I just got back today, and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. sorry to keep you waiting

A new House of the People has been elected, consisting of 45 Communists and 10 Independents. They have been sworn in after the completion of polling earlier today. Overall, the Comittie on Elections noted no irregularities. Some races were closely contested, while in others a frontrunner became immediately clear. Voter turnout was approximately 73%, and the polls were not disrupted.

Most of the Communists who were elected are willing to take a globally interventionist stance, and ran on a platform supporting Babylon's proposed action to protect our comrades in Germany from the Fascist Insurrection. Thus, the new House of the People has ratified her plan to act as part of the UN mission there.

The exception to this is in Turkey, where most elected communists were from the isolationist wing of the party. This is likely a product of cultural memory of the Turkish War, and extensive clashes with the Other there. Independent candidates have fared best in Iranian provinces, and are indicative that the people there feel that they have been sidelined in the focus on the Levant. Babylon has promised to adress their concerns once the Nasser Canal project is complete.

The new House of the People has passed a budget, proving that it is able to legislate effectively.

Glory to the Proletariat! Glory to the Revolution!

OOC: I sent orders :p

Unfortunately, I have to resign from this game due to real life time issues. Sorry for the incovenience.

Top Bottom