KMM (Kjotleik's Marathon Mod)

Kjotleik

Kjotleik
Hello, Civthusiasts!

For Civilization IV BTS 3.19

This is just a little mod, with XML changes only. For all changes made to the files, se the included file KMM_XML_Changes.ods.

The most important changes are:

* Tripled all values for ContactRands, ContactDelays and MemoryDecays in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml.

* In GlobalDefines.xml: Changed the Fortification-bonus to give 2% extra defense per turn, for 12 turns (equals 24%).

* Removed the discount on training units in CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml.

* Tripled the values for how many turns must have passed before barbarians and barbarian cities start to spawn in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml.

* In CIV4TerrainInfos.xml I have set all land terrain to cost two movement points, except Ocean and Coast which cost three movement points. Your eight-movement Destroyer now moves (8/3 = 2.67 = 3 tiles). All land units (except Gunships) now only moves one tile on any terrain without roads/railroads.

* In CIV4RouteInfos.xml I changed the values to 60 for roads, 60 (movement) and 20 (flat movement) for railroads. I can confirm that two-move units only moves one tile without roads. On roads they move two tiles only.

All changes are documented in the KMM_XML_Changes.ods file.

In case the attachment doesn't work, here is the link to the MediaFire uploaded file: Kjotleik's Marathon Mod

I have started the mod, and can confirm that it works. But I haven't played many turns. If you find any weird behaviours, or a mistake, please let me know. Nobody has double-checked this mod, so it's bound to have errors, no?

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

Attachments

• KMM.7z
    54.1 KB · Views: 71
Won't this make mounted units pretty much pointless?

On a tangent, I've thought about making a tiny mod to see how ridiculous it must be to play with Deity AI bonuses. Everything must be p!ss easy :lol:

Won't this make mounted units pretty much pointless?

Maybe.

But since Marathon is 3x the number of turns, mounted units still have a speed 50% higher than on Normal. Unless on roads/railroads, then they have the ordinary 200 % speed increase.

The problem is one-move units like Warriors. They cannot be made slower by XML-changes alone. Could probably make something in Python that made a Warrior having to wait three turns after a move, before it could move again(!), but this is no Python mod, and I'm totally lost when it comes to Python anyway...

This is the best I can do with XML alone, unfortunately. But reducing the speed of mounted from 300% to 150% compared to Normal speed is at least an improvement...

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

Top Bottom