Knock-out stages — World Cup 2010

parguay and slovakia advance for group F.

This year's World Cup is shaping up like WW2. France gave up early, the Yanks arrived late, and England is left to fight the Germans

I hope the Jerries win against the Brits.

This year's World Cup is shaping up like WW2. France gave up early, the Yanks arrived late, and England is left to fight the Germans

... and Italy barely put up a fight, while Japan look very dangerous indeed.

... and Italy barely put up a fight, while Japan look very dangerous indeed.

Sooo... who gets to stop Germany in her path of destruction and fly home the winner? USA or England? :p

(Schadenfreude, me?)

Where are the commies that are gonna come to save everyone's arse? :p

North Korea was there. Their best quality was that her supporters didn't buy vuvuzelas. :D

North Korea was there. Their best quality was that her supporters didn't buy vuvuzelas. :D

No man, the best thing about North Korea is that they don't dive. Every single other team dives. The North Koreans truly play the beautiful game.

So, now that we know which are the contenders of the round of 16, what teams will go through?

I bet on the following quarter-finals:

Uruguay-Ghana
Netherlands-Brazil
Argentina-Germany
Spain-Japan

Uruguay vs USA
Netherlands vs Brazil

Argentina vs England
Paraguay vs Spain

Pleased that Spain came back from that loss against the Swiss and got through, they play a lovely sort of football.

16 Teams Left!!

Wooo! Can you feel it baby??!

Some amazing matchups. Looking at the bracket right now.. Can't see one matchup that I don't wanna watch.

Gotta be USA v Ghana, Germany v England, Spain v Portugal with the most excitement for me.

but really I don't see any huge favorites in ANY of the games.. do you?

Uruguay, USA, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Paraguay, Spain to make it to the quarters IMHO.

Netherlands is probably the clearest favorite.

Chile gave Spain trouble today with 10 men.

I would not put Brazil as a clear, runaway favorite at all.

sure, there are favorites, but I really do not see any huge favorites, the way we would have said Italy was a huge favorite over New Zealand....

I hope the Jerries win against the Brits.

So on Sunday England should be expecting the Russians to suddenly show up and oppose the Germans from the opposite side of the pitch?

So on Sunday England should be expecting the Russians to suddenly show up and oppose the Germans from the opposite side of the pitch?

Well, do remember that the last two victories England had against Germany, namely 1945 and 1966, they achieved victory because of Soviet help.

I suppose their best chance then is if Ravshan Irmatov, Uzbeki referee, is appointed to the match, as no Russians or Azerbajanis are doing this world cup. :D

England shouldn't beat Germany based on form, but the fact that we'd be meeting Argentina in the quarters suggests to me that we will.

Top Bottom