Korean War wagon

Here's a preview:

Attachments

• AoKWarWagon_Preview.gif
    AoKWarWagon_Preview.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 206
Its based on conjecture. Basically, historians believe that the Chinese and Koreans experimented with primitive rockets on the battlefield. Ensemble took that idea a step forward and made the rockets fired from a horse-drawn wagon.

I don't think the black is that bad. Hows it look in game by any chance Aluminum?

In AoK It looked like it fired a Freaking Balista bolt. I always thought Arrows made more sence.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I don't know. But its not entirely impractical. Such a unit would be an anti-troop siege unit of sorts, useful for taking out numberious enemy troops, and confusing and panicking others, especially if firecrackers were used.

I understand, but if there's to be a flavor unit for the Koreans like this, I'd like to know why it should be a Korean flavor unit... why the Koreans especially would have this rather than anybody else.

The main reason Ensemble included Korea in AoK: The Conquerors was because Korea(N.Korea doesn't count) is one of the largest buyers of Video and Computer Games. They also wanted Korea to have two UU's, rather than one, so Korea got the Turtleship and the War Wagon. One of which did exist, the other of which may have existed

Goldflash: They were actually primitive rockets. But I didn't know that until I read the manual, before that I thought they were "freakin Ballista bolts" as well, to use your words. :lol:

Its based on conjecture. Basically, historians believe that the Chinese and Koreans experimented with primitive rockets on the battlefield. Ensemble took that idea a step forward and made the rockets fired from a horse-drawn wagon.
that's not true.
the war wagon does not represent the rocket weaponry of the koreans..
the war wagon probably was a historical unit.. the reason ES gave it to Koreans is because it fits the in-game Korean style of defensive battles.

as for the rocket weaponry, the ES turned it into the Korean unique tech, the shinkichon. it should be familiar to Civ3 community as well, through the Hwacha.
here's some more info on it anyway.. http://english.gija.com/click30.htm

I understand, but if there's to be a flavor unit for the Koreans like this, I'd like to know why it should be a Korean flavor unit... why the Koreans especially would have this rather than anybody else.
here's what the manual says..

"We have hints from scant records that the Koryo were innovative warriors, perhaps being the first to use rockets in combat and carriages of some type. Trains of these wagons could be arranged into temporary fortifications in open areas, providing a mobile, yet substantial, defensive position against mountrd enemies. So became the war wagon, a classic chariot with scythes blades and mobile forts from which archers could fire with some protection."

and in history, Koryo's main enemies indeed were mounted warriors, from Khitans, Jurchens, and Mongols..

The main reason Ensemble included Korea in AoK: The Conquerors was because Korea(N.Korea doesn't count) is one of the largest buyers of Video and Computer Games.
yeah.. by putting Koreans in the expansion pack, they can sell the original as well as the x-pack..

They also wanted Korea to have two UU's, rather than one, so Korea got the Turtleship and the War Wagon. One of which did exist, the other of which may have existed
but i don't think this one is a marketing move.. they simply loved the turtleship.. like they loved longboats(Viking 2nd UU), and like they loved missionaries(Spanich 2nd UU)
and I'm sure they both existed..

Goldflash: They were actually primitive rockets. But I didn't know that until I read the manual, before that I thought they were "freakin Ballista bolts" as well, to use your words.
not necessarily.. war wagon represents carriges, not rocket weaponry, as I stated above.. the rockets would look closer to regular arrows rather than Ballista bolts anyhow..

KoRnEa said:
here's what the manual says..

"We have hints from scant records that the Koryo were innovative warriors, perhaps being the first to use rockets in combat and carriages of some type. Trains of these wagons could be arranged into temporary fortifications in open areas, providing a mobile, yet substantial, defensive position against mountrd enemies. So became the war wagon, a classic chariot with scythes blades and mobile forts from which archers could fire with some protection."

and in history, Koryo's main enemies indeed were mounted warriors, from Khitans, Jurchens, and Mongols...

Ok, this is the kind of evidence I was looking for.

I didn't know that KoRnEa(Weird name). I wasn't really that sure myself about the War Wagon. Thanks for clearing that up!

The War Wagon was the strangest unit in AoK, and also my favorite. If Aluminum or someone else makes a Civ3 conversion of it I'll be so happy I'd probably cry tears of joy.

Straczynski said:
As you said, there's pure black all over the place. :)

I guess I can fix the shadows just by painting them in MS Paint... Painfull, but works. :)
Perhaps we should learn a 3D Program and remake the unit. I think that goes faster. :p

Top Bottom