Large Mafia Game: The Princess Bride

As I have no other ability, no. Oh, I wasn't attacked by the mafia the night i hided.

so why then did you say it is why you are still alive now.
Backtracking?

and I thought it op because you seemed to be saying it was not one use only.

I'm still alive because I was attacked by a serial killer (think it was the rodent), my ability worked and I was hiding and that's why I'm alive now. I'm not sure it's a one use only or not, it's not specified in the game pm.

I find it very unbelievable that you would into try to determine if it was one use only or not. I also find it very unbelievable that you just happened to use it on the night the rodent attacked you.

I'm pretty sure you are just coming up with whatever you can to create an answer to my questions simply because you are lying.
Your story makes no sense, you are the mafia Love. I hope this is apparent to you duke!

I find it very unbelievable that you would into try to determine if it was one use only or not. I also find it very unbelievable that you just happened to use it on the night the rodent attacked you.

Passive ability.

I'm pretty sure you are just coming up with whatever you can to create an answer to my questions simply because you are lying.
Your story makes no sense, you are the mafia Love. I hope this is apparent to you duke!

My story makes perfect sense, the only problem is that you refuse to see the logic. I have/ had a passive ability. I could hide when anyone would come for me. But after the first attack the killer would look for me more. But it's still possible for me to successfully hide once more.

You however, has been acting strange the whole game. You have voted minimally most of the game and when you did vote, you just jumped on bandwagons. You're also hoarding items.

I however has contributed to the innocents, I have helped lynching scums and been a good innocent. The fact that you also wanted humperdinck dead doesn't mean you're not the mafia, you could be lying to be able to fend off the fact that you're evil aligned, OR you could be mafia, but with your own hidden agenda, to get the mafia leader killed.

All I can tell you is what I have already said. you, however, just backtracked again on what your ability does.
Now you are saying it is a passive ability that always works, and can even work against a second attack by the same guy. That, is OP.

As to your sermon about being a good townie, that just screams scum at a mile a minute.

My activity is simply because I have been relatively inactive for most of the game, which is probably while I'm still alive, because you thought I would be a nice frame, and wouldn't be around to defend myself.

The simple fact is you are claiming an ability, which seems to change with your every post, and seems quite unrealistic in some of them.

While i, have the (basically) proof that I am not mafia because I deliberately resurrected an innocent, which prevented the mafia from winning the game last night.

(ooc, why am I listed as having 0 posts?)

All I can tell you is what I have already said. you, however, just backtracked again on what your ability does.
Now you are saying it is a passive ability that always works, and can even work against a second attack by the same guy. That, is OP.

As to your sermon about being a good townie, that just screams scum at a mile a minute.

My activity is simply because I have been relatively inactive for most of the game, which is probably while I'm still alive, because you thought I would be a nice frame, and wouldn't be around to defend myself.

The simple fact is you are claiming an ability, which seems to change with your every post, and seems quite unrealistic in some of them.

While i, have the (basically) proof that I am not mafia because I deliberately resurrected an innocent, which prevented the mafia from winning the game last night.

(ooc, why am I listed as having 0 posts?)

OOC: You don't earn posts on forum games, it's a spammy forum.

As said. It's a passive ability that might work a second time, the mafia could get smart and try to find me. That is, I don't know if it works a second time as it hasn't been tried yet and isn't completely stated in the role pm. It's no backtracking, I've had claimed the exact same role all the time.

Assuming Zack isn't lying to me in my scan results, you must be Yellin, or the Mafia can convert people, and Love is Yellin.

The Final Day

The expedition may as well end now. We were once a group of twenty-nine; now, we are only three. To be brutally honest, three people are simply not a sufficient number to justify continuing through with this adventure. However, even though we are now turning back -- leaving the bodies of the mostly dead behind, to ease the burden of the living -- we still have a chance to eliminate the final infiltrator. Hopefully we will succeed in this last task, despite our failures in all others...

Duke Blackstone turned to look over at Nightbringer. "Well, Love has helped us nail some of the bad guys. Knowing my own innocence, process of elimination leaves you as the last remaining scum."

"Now let's not get ahead of ourselves," Nightbringer began in response. "You have been acting very strangely and suspiciously this whole time. As to your accusations, why would I bring Winston Hughes back to life if I was a scumbag? Actually, scratch that. I think Love is our scum here."

Love scoffed. "Nightbringer, you're so suspicious that I almost accused you of your villainy yesterday instead of the serial killer! Besides, I promised BSmith that I would vote for you. I'm a trustworthy man, you know."

"You're intent on keeping your promise with a vicious animal that was determined to kill us all?"

"Sure, why not?"

The three men walked on some more, Love and Nightbringer going back and forth the whole time. When the sun started to set, Love and Duke Blackstone turned on Nightbringer.

"Your time has come. Prepare to die."

"NOOOO! Wait!" Nightbringer dug in his backpack for a few moments, than popped back up with the king's crown in his hand. "I have the crown, you can trust my decisions!"

Duke Blackstone and Love only laughed, kicking the crown out of Nightbringer's hands. Grinning, Love produced a knife from his clothes, stabbing Nightbringer several times in the chest. A puddle of blood now lay around Nightbringer's deceased body.

"Was he the bad guy?" Duke asked hesitantly.

After tearing Duke's body to shreds, Love finally answered the question.

"Nope!"

Spoiler :
Mafia Victory!

Alive [1/29]

Love

Mostly Dead [3/29]

Jarrema
robbiecon
Nictel

Dead [25/29]

DaveShack -- The Albino - Mafia!
remake20 -- Princess Buttercup - Innocent!
TheLastOne36 -- Jimmy - Innocent!
Darth Caesar -- Miracle Max - Innocent!
Kennigit -- Inigo Montoya - Innocent!
wideyedwanderer -- Queen Bella - Innocent!
Takhisis -- King Lotharon - Innocent!
Autolycus -- Dread Pirate Ryan - Innocent!
dcmort93 -- Westley - Innocent!
Double A -- Prince Humperdinck - Mafia!
tycoonist -- Mary Sue - Innocent!
JR48fan -- Valerie - Innocent!
Skooma Addict -- Rob Reiner - Innocent!
CivGeneral -- Clergyman - Innocent!
civplayah -- Susan - Innocent!
Darth Caesar2 -- Fezzik - Innocent!
Sprig -- Count Rugen - Mafia!
Link -- Grandpa - Innocent!
classical_hero -- Charles - Innocent!
Earthling -- S. Morgenstern - Innocent!
choxorn -- Vizzini - Neutral!
BSmith1068 -- Shrieking Eel - Serial Killer!
Winston Hughes -- Ancient Booer - Innocent!
Nightbringer. -- Carl - Innocent!
Duke Blackstone -- William Goldman - Innocent!

Role PMs

Mafia Team PM

Spoiler :
Mafia

Team Members

Prince Humperdinck - Double A
Count Rugen - Verarde
Albino - DaveShack
Yellin - Love

Quicktopic: If you haven't got your health...

Team Item: The Machine. It would at first seem inconceivable that you would be able to bring this huge contraption out of the Pit of Despair and along with you, but such is the power of the dark side. Each night, you can use the Machine to do one of the following:

• Torture a player into injury - this allows Count Rugen to use his ability
  • Torture a player to Mostly Dead - they are effectively removed from the game, except nothing is revealed... be warned, this is not necessarily permanent
Team Ability: Mafia. Each night, your team leader (Currently Humperdinck, then it goes Rugen -> Yellin -> Albino) sends me the name of one player your team would like to kill.

Humperdinck

Spoiler :
Player: Double A
Name: Humperdinck
Title: Prince of Florin, Heir to the Throne
Quote: "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped." - Yourself
Victory Condition: Mafia. You achieve victory when all opposing forces have been eliminated.
Alignment: Evil

Born into splendor and riches, you have been treated as royalty your whole life (and rightfully so!). Every need has been pampered too, every wish fulfilled. What’s that Humperdinck, you want a new puppy because your old one somehow ended up disemboweled, its entrails splattered all over the wall? I’ll get you a new one right away, you sweet little boy! While I’m out, make sure to scrub all of that ketchup off of your hands!

Needless to say, you’re used to doing whatever you damn well please whenever you want to do it. Adventure and violence are two favorite pastimes of yours, but unfortunately for you and your wild side, they have been lacking as of late. What to do, oh what to do? Ah, yes - you've got it! Marry a beautiful girl, then murder her and blame it on the neighboring kingdom! That’s adventurous as hell and a keeper for the diary? As an added bonus, you get a free haircut (but only at the barber shop on the whole other side of the town, terribly inconvenient) and war with Guilder! Win-win! Well, except for your wife….

And now you, as your plans have gone terribly wrong. Vizzini and his ragtag team failed disastrously in their assigned task. Oh sure, the kidnapping went well, but the murder? It’s a sore subject for you, to say the least. You’re left all alone to do the dirty work, as always. Fortunately, you and your posse have managed to infiltrate the band of fools protecting Buttercup (why in the world would they all travel together and traverse the areas of the film adaptation? Are they dumb? Or even worse, Republicans?).

But now you will not be satisfied with the death of Buttercup alone. No, you are determined to kill every last member of this band of travelers, even if it means your shirt has to get dirty (but if you could find a way to keep your shirt clean and still kill everyone, that would be nice too)!

Item: None, although you would simply love a crown if one popped up.

Ability: Prince of the Realm. As Prince of Florin, you have been blessed with the gift of communication. You may PM other players all you like, and they may PM you back. However, you MUST copy ALL PMs to me.

Tyrone

Spoiler :
Player: Verarde
Name: Tyrone Rugen
Title: Count Rugen, Florin Nobleman and Prince Humperdinck’s [Six-Fingered] Right Hand Man
Quote: "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything." - Yourself
Victory Condition: Mafia. You achieve victory when all opposing forces have been eliminated.

If you do not mind me asking – how many fingers do you have on your right hand? Six? If you said yes, then that’s a relief, as odd as that sounds. I’m just trying to make sure I got this message to the right person, you can never be too careful, unless you’re a politician – which you are. Yeah, politicians have to be careful, right? That’s why you had to slaughter that Spanish guy for seemingly little reason! Here I was this whole time, thinking you’re just a murderous, deformed jerk! It was that Spanish bastard’s own fault for… for… wanting you to pay the price you promised instead of a small fraction of it after he slaved away for a year to make a perfect sword? Who am I kidding, you are a deformed, murderous jerk.

But you’re good at more than that, you aren’t just some one trick pony (although your horse seems to be one)! You also love dedicating your free time into studying torture and human pain, so devoted to your academic pursuits that you will even develop horrific, tortuous machines which help you further your studies. If only every scholar had the same thirst for knowledge that you possess!

Oh, who am I kidding – you are A SICK HUMAN BEING!

Item: None.

Ability: Remember, This is for Posterity. You love studying pain - you're writing the definitive work on it, after all. You like to ask your "patients" questions after they have been subjected to the Machine. After the Machine is used on a victim, you will glean some random information from that victim.

The Albino

Spoiler :
Player: DaveShack
Name: The Albino
Title: Keeper of the Pit of Despair
Quote: "Don't even think about trying to escape. The chains are far too thick. Don't dream of being rescued, either; the only way in is secret. Only the Prince, the Count, and I know how to get in and out." - Yourself

Your origins are as mysterious as your hygiene is awful. All anyone, more importantly myself, know about you is *cough* that you’re an *cough* albino and tidy up *cough, clears throat* the Pit of Despair and dust off The Machine.

Item: Wet Rag and Some Other Healing Stuff. The Count likes to have you tidy up a patient and make sure they're healthy before they are subjected to the machine. However, he has no such qualms now. Each night, you may heal one injured person, and they will tell you a little about themselves while you do.

Ability: None.

Yellin

Spoiler :
Player: Love
Name: Yellin
Title: Chief of Enforcement in Florin City
Quote: "Oh, you mean this gate key." - Yourself
Alignment: Neutral

BECAUSE OF YOUR NAME I FEEL OBLIGATED TO YELL AT YOU AND WRITE THIS MESSAGE IN ALL CAPS. YOU HAVE A BIG MUSTACHE, WHICH I’M SURE IS HOW YOU QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB OF CHIEF OF ENFORCEMENT, BECAUSE YOU SEEM LIKE TOO MUCH OF AN IDIOT TO HAVE ANY OTHER QUALIFICATIONS. REGARDLESS OF YOUR INTELLIGENCE AND THE VOLUME OF YOUR FACIAL HAIR, YOU ARE ONE OF THE PRINCE’S FEW CONFIDANTS. TRY NOT TO BETRAY HIS TRUST, JUST GO ALONG WITH THE PLAN.

Item: Gate Key. Since there is no gate nearby, this doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

Ability: You are generally considered to be the weak link of the mafia group. You give in when under pressure or when you feel your own life is threatened. If you are voted to be lynched, you will confess to your scumminess. Instead of being killed, you will be taken as a prisoner. You will still be subject to any night actions, can still talk, but your votes are meaningless.

Vizzini

Spoiler :
Player: choxorn
Name: Vizzini
Title: Sicilian Genius
Quote: "Inconceivable!" - Yourself
Victory Condition: Survival. Survive until the end of the game.

Sarcastic and condescending to the last, you are Vizzini. God knows how many illegal drugs you are on at any given time, but that’s beside the point.

You know how smart you are Vizzini? Because I do. You ever heard of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle? Those guys are complete morons compared to you, my Sicilian friend. Your genius is such that you frequently outwit even yourself; your harebrained schemes hardly ever work. Lately, however, when you aren’t snorting cocaine you have been working to improve your planning skills. Your improvement has already been demonstrated through your ability to infiltrate the band of travelers.

However, only after you and your genius managed to infiltrate the group did you realize that was a pretty non-genius idea. Hopefully you can use your aforementioned genius to wriggle your way out of this mess alive. And if not?

Then I suppose people will start fighting land wars in Asia, once they realize it's perfectly fine to mess with a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Item: Two Goblets Full of Wine. For your enjoyment, you brought some wine and an extra glass for company. Hopefully you can use this wine to your advantage, so you can get some secrets out of others they wouldn't normally share. Each night, you can invite someone over for wine. You will learn something random about that person, and they will be both immune to any other night actions that night and unable to perform night actions themselves; you will have a 50% chance of avoiding any attempts on your life.

Ability: Genius. Your exceeding wit and cleverness allow you to disguise your true nature. Should anyone scan you, they will find you to be innocent and harmless.

Shrieking Eel

Spoiler :
Player: BSmith1068
Name: Eel
Title: Shrieking Eel
Quote: "Probably some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night... in... eel-infested waters..." - Vizzini
Victory Condition: Serial Killer. You achieve victory when you are the last one standing.

Once upon a time, you were a normal eel, always sure to keep your voice at a reasonable pitch and volume. That was before your mother was slaughtered by eel terrorists. After her death, you decided to go all crazy, shrieking like Britney Spears and killing anyone who dares enter your path. Every time you chew on human flesh, one thought dominates your mind. This is for you, mom.

Who am I kidding, you’ve always been an insane killer eel trying to get onto Florin Idol. Take that, Simon.

Ability: Killer Eel. You have been killing others your whole life, and this is no exception. Each night, you may kill someone.

Ability: Really Freakin' Hard to Kill. Others have difficulty killing you when you are awake, due to your shrieking, eelish nature. You will survive one lynch. However, at night there is a possibility of you being caught off of your guard. You have a 30% chance of surviving a night kill.

Rodent of Unusual Size

Spoiler :
Player: Jarrema
Name: Rodent
Title: Rodent of Unusual Size
Quote: "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist." - Westley
Victory Condition: Serial Killer. You achieve victory when you are the last one standing.

Rodents of Usual Size are wusses. What’s cool or frightening about being an average rodent? Nobody ever tells legends about those. No, that’s why you decided to be a Rodent of Unusual Size. Well, technically you didn’t decide, but whatever. Your unusual size is fantastic for killing poor passerby, while your usually sized cousins are busy pooping and being icky.

And that’s what you’re here for. To kill. And kill. And kill.

Ability: Unusually Efficient Killing Machine. Due to your unusual size, you are incredibly effective at killing others. You can kill through protection or any other safeguards.

Ability: Unusually Difficult to Kill. Your unusual size also lends you the ability to avoid death where others may have fallen. You have a 25% chance of surviving a lynch or nightkill.

Role PMs (cont.)

Westley

Spoiler :
Player: dcmort93
Name: Westley
Title: Beloved Farm Boy
Quote: "As you wish." - Yourself
Victory Condition: Innocent. You achieve victory when all opposing forces have been eliminated.
Alignment: Good

Hey there, handsome. You may now be wondering to yourself why I am calling you handsome, either because you are terribly ugly or are a little creeped out. No need to fear, old chap. I’m calling you handsome because your character is handsome. Yes, Westley is quite the eye candy. But you’re more than just good looking. Any talent or desirable trait that has ever existed, you have. Sweet pick up lines? Check. Ambidextrous swordfighting? Check. Intelligence, bravery, love? Check, check, check! The list goes on and on, my good friend!

Buttercup took notice, and the two of you fell in love. Unfortunately for you and your relationship, when you left the farm to get some dough, the Dread Pirate Roberts captured you. Rumor spread like wildfire, and even Buttercup eventually acknowledged your death. Depressed down to the core, we can only assume that she started listening to My Chemical Romance. But the Dread Pirate showed mercy on you, and you saved Buttercup from terrible music and even worse husbands. Can you keep her safe? Are you able to continue to protect her and keep her alive? Are you, Westley?

Ready or not, the time has come to keep her and all of the others safe. Do what you must.

Item: Iocaine Powder. During your time away from Buttercup, you acquired a small amount of the deadly Iocaine Powder, enough for one use. You can use this poison on someone during the night, or you can give it to yourself to get rid of it (you are immune to its deadly effects).

Ability: I am not left handed, either. During your time away, you became an exceptional swordsman. Because of your exceedingly good nature, you feel obligated to protect as many different people as you can. Each night, you may protect someone, but you cannot protect the same person twice.

Inigo Montoya

Spoiler :
Player: Kennigit
Name: Inigo Montoya
Title: Spanish Swordsman
Quote: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Yourself
Victory Condition: Innocent. You achieve victory when all opposing forces have been eliminated.

Six-fingered men. Screw them. A man with six fingers on his right hand killed your father when you were but a small boy. Domingo Montoya slaved away for a year to make the ultimate sword for the six fingered man. When the bastard arrived to purchase the sword when it was finally done, he demanded it at a small fraction of what he had originally promised. Your father refused, most likely throwing in a few words into this refusal that cannot be repeated here. The cheap six fingered man found this unacceptable and killed Domingo on the spot. Full of rage, you challenged him to a duel, predictably failing and ending up with scars on your face.

Since that fateful day, you have devoted yourself to the following things:

• Perfecting the art of swordplay
  • Finding the six fingered man and killing his cheap ass
  • Brandy
The second task proved to be practically impossible, so you devoted yourself wholeheartedly to brandy and swordplay. Now, however, you have found new hope with this band of travelers. Your goal of putting a blade through the six fingered man’s testicles has been lit with a new flame. I wish you the best of luck in your revenge.

Item: Domingo Montoya's Sword. You took the sword your father made for the six fingered man, and now claim it as your own. It is one of the finest swords in the world; Westley says he has never seen its equal. The sword allows you to kill someone at night whom you have given the Finger of Suspicion.

Ability: I do not mean to pry... You have received new hope in your quest to avenge your father. Each night, you may scan someone to see how many fingers they have on their right hand.

Fezzik

Spoiler :
Player: SS-18 ICBM
Name: Fezzik
Title: Kindhearted Giant
Quote: "Anybody want a peanut?" - Yourself

Since you love so much to hear a good rhyme
I will write in couplets this time.

Humble, your origins by all means are
You hail from Grennland afar.

A giant, many will call you
You can’t deny that this is true.

You are stronger than a Schwarzenegger
But nearly as poor as a begger.

In Greenland, you were unemployed you see
Until Vizzini introduced you to the company.

Now you travel with a merry band
It’s much better than cold Greenland.

I apologize, but where is a toilet? – I need to pee in it
Before I go, would you like to have a peanut?

Ability: Giant. Your strength is almost unheard of, it is so great. Due to this, it is ridiculously difficult to kill you through brute force. However, you are still vulnerable at night - even giants need sleep. You cannot be lynched unless a majority votes for you to be lynched.

Princess Buttercup

Spoiler :
Player: remake20
Name: Buttercup
Title: Princess-to-be of Florin
Quote: "Boo!" - The Ancient Booer

Get this for me, farm boy. Get that for me, farm boy. Your demands of Westley did not separate the two of you, as one would think. In fact, once you realized that “As you wish” apparently is code for “I love you”, you only hesitated for a moment to think that this must mean that Boba Fett is in love with Darth Vader. Soon after this strange thought, you returned Westley the favor.

Westley left home to make his fortune, ending up declared dead. Depressed, you rode your horse literally 24/7. When Westley returned, you couldn’t have been happier. It was like Christmas had come early, if Christmas had existed. All you would like now is to live happily ever after with your love, Westley. The band of travelers simply must be rid of evil forces.

Item: Horse. You have been riding horses all of your life; horseriding is your second love, behind Westley. You can ride ahead of the group to spot potential dangers; this will happen automatically during the updates, you do not need to do anything.

Ability:
None.

Grandson

Spoiler :
Player: Nictel
Name: Grandson
Title: Sick Child Who Shows No Signs of Illness
Quote: "Is this a kissing book?" - Yourself

School sucks. That’s why you faked sick. Unfortunately for you, that meant your grandpa had to come read you a dumb book. This led to the destruction of the fourth wall and your full immersion in the story.

Damn you, grandpa.

Item: None

Ability: Everyone Pities the Sick Kid. Either you are a really good actor, everyone else is stupid, or you're actually sick. Doesn't really matter, because the perks stay the same. Any night action directed at you will fail, but the one who targeted you will learn your identity as the grandson.

Decreased to 20% after Day Two or Three, can't remember which.

Grandpa

Spoiler :
Player: link16
Name: Grandpa
Title: Storyteller
Quote: "Your vote of confidence is overwhelming." - Yourself

When you heard your grandson was sick, you raced to his bedroom to read him a story, either that or you live next door – there has to be some explanation for your speedy arrival.

Anyways, you inadvertently broke the fourth wall and placed your “sick” grandson and his mother into the story. Hopefully the three of you make it out alive, you clumsy bastard.

Item: The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern. Your father read you this story, you read it to the boy's father, and now you're reading it to him. For whatever reason, this book gives you a pretty cool ability. Once in the game, you have the ability to cancel all night actions.

The Impressive Clergyman

Spoiler :
Player: CivGeneral
Name: Clergyman
Title: Impressive Clergyman
Quote: "Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday." - Yourself

Just your everyday clergyman who sounds like he has a permanent hunk of beef stuck in his mouth.

Item: The Holy Bible. A clergyman your whole life, the Bible has always been a major player in your life. You want to spread its good message to others in the group. Each night, you may try to convert someone. The level of success varies depending on their alignment.

Ability: None

Miracle Max

Spoiler :
Player: Darth Caesar
Name: Max
Title: Miracle Max
Quote: "It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead." - Yourself

Once the Florin crown’s miracle worker, after the prince fired you your self esteem withered down to the size of the Grinch’s heart and you went into retirement. Not having had a haircut in approximately 50 years, you at first seem a crazy, eccentric, old man to any who meet you – and let’s not kid ourselves, that’s a pretty accurate description of you. However, you have been recruited into a band of travelers should medical attention be needed, and you have brought along your wife so you can have someone to yell at.

Item: Pump Thing. You must have this item in your possession for your ability to work.

Ability: Only Mostly Dead. Known throughout the kingdom as a miracle worker, you have been rumored to work many miracles. If someone is mostly dead, you may bring them back to life. Send me a PM to do so during the DAY phase. You may do this as many times as possible, but not for the same person twice and not two days in a row.

Valerie (Max's Wife)

Spoiler :
Player: JR48fan
Name: Valerie
Title: Wife of Miracle Max
Quote: "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!" - Yourself

Every crazy old man – especially if said crazy guy is a miracle worker – needs a crazy old wife, and you fit the bill.

Ability: He said true love, Max. You've got quite the eye for true love. Each night, you may scan someone to see if they are in love.

The Ancient Booer

Spoiler :
Player: Winston Hughes
Name: Ancient Booer
Title: Smelly Hobo
Quote: "Boo!" - Yourself

Beautiful. Charming. Elegant. Friendly.

You are none of those things.

Ability: In Need of a Friend. You desperately need a friend. You go around asking for friendship, and you are able to determine their alignment. Each night, you may ask a person to be friends. Their alignment will determine the results.

King Lotharon

Spoiler :
Player: Takhisis
Name: Lotharon
Title: King of Florin
Quote: "She kissed me! Ha!" - Yourself

Verrrrrry old king of Florin, nobody is sure if you’re quite right in the head anymore. Wait…. Why am I talking to you again, if you’re not entirely aware of the outside world? Are you listening? How many fingers am I holding up?

I give up.

Item: Crown. Despite your madness, others still respect the crown on your head. Your vote for lynches and items counts double.

Queen Bella

Spoiler :
Player: wideyedwanderer
Name: Bella
Title: Queen of Florin
Quote: "A very strange wedding." - Yourself

Old lady, queen of Florin, wife of Lotharon. This is you, and that’s about all I know. Apologies, Your Highness. If you want me to tell you more, then be a more interesting character, write a biography, or something.

Item: Pillow Hat Thing. Dunno what it does, but it sure looks cool.

The Mother

Spoiler :
Player: robbiecon
Name: Mom
Title: Mother of the Grandson
Quote: "Maybe he won't." - Yourself

A loving mother, you are, a caring one, too. You invited the boy’s grandpappy to come over and read him a story, since everyone knows kids love books more than playing video games these days. The grandpa somehow managed to break the fourth wall and insert himself, you, and your son into the story.

Last time he gets invited over!

Ability: A Mother's Prying Eyes. You want to keep your son safe,and so you have decided to do some investigating of your own. Each night, you may scan someone for items.

Rob Reiner

Spoiler :
Player: Skooma Addict
Name: Rob Reiner
Title: Director of the Film Adaptation
Quote: N/A

Directing the film just wasn’t good enough for you, was it Rob? Well I hope you’re happy now that you are literally in the story and have a good chance of dying. For real. This was not one of your wiser decisions. Hopefully you can get yourself out of this mess and learn your lesson once and for all:

You were never meant to be an actor!

Item: Video Camera. You still have your camera from the production set, but unfortunately for you, the battery is ridiculously low. Once in the game, you may use the camera to track someone's night actions.

Ability: None

William Goldman

Spoiler :
Player: Duke Blackstone
Name: William Goldman
Title: Editor of The Princess Bride

When you were a young lad, you heard the wonderful story of The Princess Bride for the first time. Your father would recount the tale to you often, and you loved the story just as much, if not more, every time you listened to it. Eventually, you decided it was time to put S. Morgenstern’s story down on paper. You made a few tweaks, edited a little of this and a little of that, and ended up publishing it. You became so immersed in your work and in the story, however, that you somehow inserted yourself into it.

Talk about obsession.

Item: Pen and Paper. You managed to bring a pen and some paper with you. Each night, you may write down up to 3 lines of notes on the paper. When you die, these notes will be publicly revealed.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Spoiler :
Player: Autolycus
Name: Ryan
Title: Dread Pirate Roberts
Quote: "Roberts had grown so rich, he wanted to retire. He took me to his cabin and he told me his secret. 'I am not the Dread Pirate Roberts' he said. 'My name is Ryan; I inherited the ship from the previous Dread Pirate Roberts, just as you will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts either. His name was Cummerbund. The real Roberts has been retired 15 years and living like a king in Patagonia.'" - Westley

Your name can be misleading, since you aren’t actually the Dread Pirate Roberts. Technically, you’re not anything anymore ever since you retired and handed the title down to Westley. But unlike your predecessors, living like a king in Patagonia just didn’t feel right to you. You yearned for adventure, just like the good ol’ days. Your attraction to adventure rivals female Disney stars attraction to cocaine and breast implants.

Thankfully for yourself, you have been allowed to travel with the band of travelers, and you happily agreed. Your fellow travelers, save for Westley, only know you by your real name, Ryan. Hopefully it stays that way.

Ability: Dread Pirate. During your days as the Dread Pirate Roberts, you acquired certain skills. Each night, you may attempt to steal an item from someone.

S. Morgenstern

Spoiler :
Player: cpdwane
Name: S. Morgenstern
Title: Author of The Princess Bride
Quote: "The Princess Bridy, by S. Morgenstern..." - Grandpa

Ah, the one who first conceived the story of The Princess Bride! Although William Goldman was the first to put your tale in print, but that does not change the fact that you were the one who first told the story!

Presumably through the use of a time machine and LSD, you have found yourself in the world of your story.

Ability: Started the Legend. Due to your previous actions, specifically authoring the story of The Princess Bride, you are regarded as something of a legend here. Your vote breaks any ties in lynches or item votes.

Florin Peasant

Spoiler :
Player: TheLastOne36
Name: Jimmy
Title: Florin Peasant

Jimmy, you’ve always been a good, humble farmer your whole life. Just you’re your father, and his father, and his father, and so on and so forth. When offered the chance to go traveling, at first you were hesitant. Break the long and noble tradition of unadventurous farmers? Sacrilege! But after further pondering of the subject (mostly consisting of “My life is boring as hell” and “Farming sucks”), you have come to the decision to go adventuring! Hurrah! You also love your wife dearly, so you brought her along too.

Ability: Man and Wife. You and your wife have loved each other for many years. You love her so much, you couldn't even bear to leave her behind. Your wife, Mary Sue, is tycoonist.

Florin Peasant

Spoiler :
Player: Nightbringer.
Name: Carl

From the day you were born, you were taught to hate royalty with all of your might, particularly snobby princes. Due to this upbringing, you would love nothing more than to see Prince Humperdinck lying dead in a puddle of his own blood. This is really all that makes you an Innocent; the others regard you as a pretty evil dude.

Item: Rusty Old Knife. You brought along your ancient knife with you for the trip, hopefully so you can stab Humperdinck with it. Once in the game, you may attempt to stab someone with the knife. Due to it's present condition, it will only injure the victim.

Florin Peasant

Spoiler :
Player: civplayah
Name: Susan

A simple woman, you have never been particularly concerned about trivial things like good and evil. All you really care about is surviving, and you feel allying yourself with the innocent cause will give you a better chance of eliminating potential killers.

Ability: Skilled With Your Hands. A lifetime of working with your hands has strengthened them and given them much talent. Should you acquire an item, you feel that you could be able to improve it.

Florin Peasant

Spoiler :
Player: tycoonist
Name: Mary Sue

A good a faithful wife all of your life, you have been brought along on the trip with your husband Jimmy.

Ability: Man and Wife. You and your husband have a deep love for each other. Your husband, Jimmy, is TheLastOne36.

Florin Peasant

Spoiler :
Player: landlubber
Name: Charles

Despite your humble origins, you are arguably the most intelligent one in the group. If you had received a decent education, which you did not, you would most likely be very wealthy. You have been brought along for your advice and wisdom (you are also relatively old).

Ability: Sage. Each night, send me a short message (3 lines or less). This message will be displayed publicly the following morning.

Really I have to say it's a shame all the Innocent power roles got killed so early, I was pretty much right, all we had were the equivalent of near peasants left at the end. Though a lot of our lynches were questionable, Skooma and all should not have been lynched. Also a bit disappointed that I didn't manage to heal Winston. The Rag only gave a chance of healing and I died the night after I got it. And even though we got sprig and Bsmith both as killers it was all for naught...

But this was well played by the Mafia, Love in particular to the very end, good game. Especially with them losing a mafia to a serial killer at the very start - Love and sprig for a while did very well rolling with it.

Oh! Speaking of the rag, after civplayah improved it, an evil-aligned character had a 25% chance of successfully reviving someone, a neutral-aligned had a 35% chance, and a good-aligned player had a 50% chance.

Also, on the subject of balance, I felt it was pretty balanced for the most part. Out of the serial killers, mafia, and innocents, the innocents probably had the greatest chance at victory (especially after the N1 loss for the mafia), then the mafia, then the killers. Choxorn's role was overpowered to say the least, although he still played a great game.

Zack said:
After a night drinking with Love, you have decided it would be rather pointless to lynch him.

Yeah, it seemed quite balanced and pretty fun, especially between the Innocents/Mafia, I don't know how the game looked from the Sk perspective. I enjoyed it even though I only got in late and that's after so many major Innocents were gone. Buttercup lynched? :needfacepalmsmiley: Both Westley and the older dread pirate gone! :eek: And Inigo killing Miracle Max :rolleyes:

Top Bottom