Latest ATI Drivers

There is a better ATI fix thread than this one http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=137255

No offense to this thread but the other one should be sticky and not this one as it cures the CivIV woes.

I installed all the latest and greatest ATI drivers, and still had the same problems that many of you are facing. The other thread suggested installing Catalyst ver 4.12 (over a year old)...I know, sounds crazy. I installed it yesterday and the game is FINALLY working. I am now able to continue saved games that I couldn't using the latest ATI drivers. 4.12 has been called the most stable of all the ATI drivers and it proves that point here.

If your still having problems, follow the links on the thread mentioned above to get 4.12.

G'Luck!

mmm....I found that this thread seems to be more informational than the other...but I dont wanna re install anything because I finally got my Video card operating much better than before.

I'm tired of all this junk. I was about to buy a new graphics driver in best buy. I asked for a graphics driver for a laptop they said no can do. The true problem for me lies in that trying to update the driver I f***** up my graphics driver and it is less pixalated and choppier. My question what graphics card do I get and where to buy it. Or could I at least restore my graphics driver.

My specs:
VAIO (S series) Computer
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M
processor 1.70GHz
598MHz, 512MB of RAM

used to have a ATI Mobility Radeon 9200

EWWWWWW SONY.........

Well if I were you ditch the sony...but that would be dumping a good system...

the 9200 family is fine...I run a 9250 and I just installed the 0mega driver..and ALL of my framerate problems were solved...

Have you tried the 0mega drivers yet?

makoto916 said:
If you are considering rolling back to 4.12 make sure your video card is supported in that build. In my case, I have an ATI Radeon 345 IGP as part of my VAIO laptop. The 4.12 driver, either from Omega or ATI directly, doesn't seem to work. Which is a bummer. With any luck a patch will be out soon.

You can try this one and it was work for me.
THANK'S to Dudeitsciv for the omega driver info.

Radeon Omega Driver 2.6.42 driver..
(no chestchire cat / black map)

You can find it from:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...e &dwn_id=141

NOW I CAN PLAY WITHOUT THAT F*** BLACK TERRAIN.
But it still having the movie problem and also I still cannot see the resources.

THANK'S TO DUDEITSCIV:goodjob:

I have the same problem as most of u have, the game crashes if the map is to big or in a wonder movie.

My specs are:
Dell Inspiron 8600,
Intel Pentium M, 1,50 GHz
512 MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo, 128MB

I've tried to install catalyst drivers 4.12 and 5.11, but nothing seems to work.
I have also tried to see if Dell has new drivers for RADEON 9600 at http://support.euro.dell.com/suppor...s1&dn=1086435&l=da&langid=1&s=dhs#mastheadtop but just drivers for RADEON 9000.

The driverversion I am using now is 6.14.10.6392
Anyone had the same problem?? Can anyone help??? :(
plzz :(

Lovebug said:
I have the same problem as most of u have, the game crashes if the map is to big or in a wonder movie.

My specs are:
Dell Inspiron 8600,
Intel Pentium M, 1,50 GHz
512 MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo, 128MB

I've tried to install catalyst drivers 4.12 and 5.11, but nothing seems to work.
I have also tried to see if Dell has new drivers for RADEON 9600 at http://support.euro.dell.com/suppor...s1&dn=1086435&l=da&langid=1&s=dhs#mastheadtop but just drivers for RADEON 9000.

The driverversion I am using now is 6.14.10.6392
Anyone had the same problem?? Can anyone help??? :(
plzz :(

Hey try this site out

http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/omegadrive.htm

It fixed most my problems...and plus you uninstall your catylist and it sets you up with a better version of it...What it does is it allows you to overclock your card and actually get the performance you want...

Just read the site if you want more info...I use it on my Desktop with a 9250 Pro PCI card (I know EWWW its PCI but I have no AGP port)

I have done everything on this site .. downloaded and unilstalled and reinstalled ATI drivers AND CIV IV so many times I'm dizzy...and yes, I've installed the new patch too.

Here's my INIT Log file:

[100.156] DBG: FILE Cat Init
[103.265] DBG: Using XML cache
[103.281] DBG: Game Init
[103.296] DBG: Multiplayer Init BEGIN
[103.453] DBG: Multiplayer Init END
[103.468] DBG: Audio Init
[104.359] DBG: ArtFileMgr Init
[104.375] DBG: Python Init
[109.281] VERSION: CIV Version: 0
[109.281] VERSION: Save Version: 101
[109.281] DBG: Input Init
[109.296] DBG: Engine Init
[109.562] DBG: Checking available screen resolution
[109.890] DBG: Validating screen resolution
[109.890] DBG: Creating rendererer
[114.125] DBG: Engine: renderer Initialized
[114.421] DBG: Engine: Shaders Initialized
[114.453] DBG: Engine: Scene Lights Initialized
[114.890] DBG: Music Start
[114.890] DBG: Font Init
[115.000] DBG: Total Frame MS: 15840.0 FPS: 000 Min:000 Max:000 Avg:000 SampleFilter:10.000000
Time : Ave : Min% : Max% : Num : Profile Name
-----------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
[115.015] DBG: Begin MenuManager
[183.203] DBG: Engine: Camera Initialized
[204.593] DBG: SyncRandSeed is 104669081, MapRandSeed is 104669081

Anyone? :cry:

Thank You Guys!!!!!
You Guys Are Awesome I Just Downloaded The Omega Drivers And They Work Like A Charm I Had Messed Up My Dirver And Now My Graphics Are In Tip Top Shape.

You Cuys Rock!!!!!

The fix for me was installing the older 4.12 ati drivers. Now the game runs like a charm. Before the graphics were, how shall we say, "less than adequate".

The other thread should be stickied - not this one.

Ctindell....dude...this is just for driver help and so is the other thread...in fact the other thread is NEWER than this one...

If the mods feel like they should unsticky it then thats there call NOT yours...

BTW Welcome to CFC ;)

I got a problem with ATI too (i think it is ATI)
I got ATI 9600 256MB, winXP pro, 3200Mhz, 2x512MBRAM... updated, with omega drivers, .net framework... everything i found.
But it says to me when loading:
Failed to initialize renderer. Please check video config and DirectX version.
I dont understand why it doesnt run. In my other PC (with nVIDIA 128MB, winXP home, lesser numbers...) it works. Both have DirectX and video cards updated.

Someone who know how to solve this problem??

Solved. I had to update Civ4 to 1.09 :crazyeye:

Help. I loaded up the latest ati driver for my winxp and having nothing but poor performance. I updated my driver because of the problem: "crashing when loading larger saves" otherwise it was running fine, maybe a blink when i ended the turn and the mouse was a little slow panning across the map but that was it. Where before the movies were running good enough (meaning it ran continues), now they are choppie, my game resolution was fine, now it has to be the lowest (choppie as hell when I pan over the map). My specs:
1.3 athlon-proc.
radeon 9600 128MB-card
750+ ram
Yes i have downloaded the civ patch.
Is the Omega the answer, I will find out later. Please, i am no pc guru. I don't want this to go too far over my head. Is there a way i can set my computer back a day or two and if i can will it still have my old drivers? and what else can I download that would assist in the graphics performance. Thanks ahead.

I had problem with Civ4. I have installed it, patched to 1.09 and at the first run I could play it for about 10 minutes. Then it started to freezing with looping sound and I could only move the cursor but nothing happened (size of map didn't matter). Then I killed it through the task manager and went to this forum to check what to do :) but the idea to go back from my 5.10 to 4.12 was not what I expected to be a good solution. I have installed latest drivers for sound card (nvidia nforce3, v4.62), but it didn't help :( I was almost in agony ;) because I was very eager to play this game. And then came this idea to turn off vpu recovery! :woohoo: And it was it! Game runs perfectly! Oh! By the way I did it on my Gigabyte NForce3 motherboard with Sempron3000+, 512mb of RAM and Gigabyte Radeon9550 on latest Omega drivers (based on Catalyst 5.11, but with standard Catalyst 5.10 worked too) :) Try it and maybe it will work for you too!

Right-click your desktop and select properties. Go to settings and click advanced. Select VPU Recover tab and there you can turn it off, but...

...it helped only for some time. After running computer some time, even without playing Civ4 and running it after that time saved game loads but I cannot do anything, sound loops and effects are as I described them in my previous post.

Again I was happy TOO EARLY :(

Top Bottom