[LP] Leader Pass Pack 1: Great Negotiators (Nov. 2022) - Patch Notes Discussion

I don't keep Steam running on my PC when I'm not gaming. Based on what I've seen with this release, I logged in to Steam via my web browser and it showed that the Leader Pass was $19.99. I have all the DLC content, so think I'll wait until it shows that the LP is available for free before trying to download anything.

I don't keep Steam running on my PC when I'm not gaming. Based on what I've seen with this release, I logged in to Steam via my web browser and it showed that the Leader Pass was $19.99. I have all the DLC content, so think I'll wait until it shows that the LP is available for free before trying to download anything.

Yes, please wait. This is probably a temporary issue, and you should get it for free at the end.

I just started an internet game with some friends and the leader pass leaders were just automatically there. I didn’t consciously download anything

Edit: this is also true of the two friends who I’m playing with
Double edit: The game won’t start because it says one of us doesn’t own it. Apologies for any false hope!

I just started an internet game with some friends and the leader pass leaders were just automatically there. I didn’t consciously download anything
It is in the files by default, but you probably don't own it, this is so you can use it in MP with those who have it.

If you now own, congratulations! You've been blessed by the Gods.

But if you don't - You'll probably be getting it soon.

It is in the files by default, but you probably don't own it, this is so you can use it in MP with those who have it.

It's possible that they forced a file scan from Steam which I think takes place in order to share the host's DLCs and mods with the other players

Yeah! I’m not sure which of us owns or doesn’t, we’ve just started a game and we will try again tomorrow :)

I’ve been itching for a Vietnam run anyway

What is the condition to have this pack for free?
I don't have Anthology, but I have all previous DLCs. I have heard it enough. Is it correct?
Because Leader Pass is on my wishlist with a price and option to buy.
Anthology includes:
- Base Game
- Vikings Scenario Pack
- Poland Civ
- Australia Civ
- Nubia Civ
- Persia and Macedon
- Khmer and Indonesia
- Rise and Fall
- Gathering Storm
- New Frontier Pass*
(which includes:)
- Ethiopia
- Maya & Gran Columbia
- Byzantine and Gaul
- Vietnam and Kublai Khan
- Portugal
- Babylon

With the New Frontier Pass you also get Catherine de Medici and Teddy Roosevelt Persona Packs which come free those who have all the NFP DLCs or bought the DLC pass.

I don't have Anthology, but I have all previous DLCs. I have heard it enough. Is it correct?
Yes it is as per the official announcement.

Because Leader Pass is on my wishlist with a price and option to buy.
At some stage (hopefully soon!) the system will update you to show you own the LP and this option will disappear.

Any combination which gives you all DLC (no matter if bought separate or as Anthology, or any combination of e.g. Civ6 Platinum + NFP) should work.
If you should get it, but you see a price, then this is related to the current issues. Do NOT buy the DLC if you think you should get it for free, and wait until the technical issues are resolved.

Reading through Lincoln's ability again, it just seems... ugly. Like a bunch of stuff thrown together.

1) +1 Amenity per IZ and each building. That's straightforward enough, but apparently isn't actually in the game, which would have been the best part of the design...

2) -2 Loyalty per Plantation seems like the kind of ability which is trying to add some historical flavour for the sake of it, without taking into account the actual gameplay implications. What this means, as @SammyKhalifa pointed out, is that players will just settle on Plantation luxuries, therefore getting access to the Amenities for minimal downside. You can always create plantations if/when you need extra copies (for trading and industries) and remove them if you find yourself with no alternative, but at -2 Loyalty that's highly unlikely and it will be rare.

What won't be rare is the AI absolutely botching up this kind of micro-management.

I have no idea how this was "controversial" at Firaxis.

3) +3 Loyalty per IZ gives an incentive to focus on IZ in border towns. But other than that it doesn't seem to have any substantial implications.

4) Free Melee Unit... sure, but why? It's dull.
---

What about: +1 Amenity per IZ and each building. Luxuries provide 3 (or 2) Amenities instead of 4.

That would be sufficient encouragement to focus on Industrial Zones to try and compensate for the malus. It would also be sufficiently flavourful as you wouldn't be able to rely on "Plantation Economy" or doing so would result in unhappy cities.

Last edited:
4) Free Unique Unit... sure, but why? It's dull.
I'm pretty sure it's just Free Melee Units from IZ's and Buildings, not Free Unique Units.

I guess with Lincoln America learned how to fly really early. :lol:
TBH his ability would be a lot more interesting if his IZ's spewed out jet planes from the Medieval Era. :p

I think this might be the first time I'll actively want to protect other civilizations in my own continent from being wiped off the map,

Protect? For me it would be protection against myself, since I'm usually the one wiping all the civs on my continent off the map. :sniper:
:D

Top Bottom