Leaderhead Database and Request thread

Besides, there are leaderheads that would be better for your mod: Hiawatha for the Iriquois, and Cetshwayo of the Zulu (even though the Mutota Leader from CivGold is close as is). And of course you wanted to make Nehru of India and Cartimandua of the Celts, among other leaders.

Besides, there are leaderheads that would be better for your mod: Hiawatha for the Iriquois, and Cetshwayo of the Zulu (even though the Mutota Leader from CivGold is close as is). And of course you wanted to make Nehru of India and Cartimandua of the Celts, among other leaders.

Yeah the new mod is going to take a while to make apparently. Its taking me forever just to finish up six modules as it stands. Hopefully some free time will open up for me soon though and I can get back to something close to my old productivity.

EDIT: Right now the current plan for leaderheads I am making for my mod are...

Cetshwayo
Cartimandua
Hitler
Nehru
Basil II
Lalibela
and possibly a Joshua for Israel

I will definitely add more to the list but so far those are the ones I am going to make. I also have a few requests that I promised I'd do as well, so I am going to be very busy on all of this stuff.

EDIT: Right now the current plan for leaderheads I am making for my mod are...

Cetshwayo
Cartimandua
Hitler
Nehru
Basil II
Lalibela
and possibly a Joshua for Israel

I will definitely add more to the list but so far those are the ones I am going to make. I also have a few requests that I promised I'd do as well, so I am going to be very busy on all of this stuff.

Hitler? Don't we have enough Hitlers already? Pencilgod's reskin is perfect, in my opinion.
Cetshwayo- yes, please!
Basil II- Don't tempt me to add another leader to my game... I have a strange feeling that it is going to be even better that Ekmek's and I'll just have to add it even though I said to myself "no more LHs!"...:)
Joshua- sounds nice for an Israelite civ. I think there might be better ideas though. Herod is, for some reason, forgotten by LH makers. Another idea for an Israelite leader might be Gideon- the Bible suggests that it was him, not Saul, who was actually the first Israelite king. There is also Saul, whom I just mentioned. If you want a female LH you have Deborah the Prophet (Dvora haNevia). Other suggestions might be post-Biblical (Old Testament, that is) leaders like Yehuda haMaccabi or Bar-Kokhva. Again, these are NOT requests, just suggestions for another Israelite leader if you really want to make one.
Anyway, good luck with all those projects (and Ablay Khan and Tameralne, once and if you get to them:)).

Hitler? Don't we have enough Hitlers already? Pencilgod's reskin is perfect, in my opinion.

I am asking this to myself often, too. There are really many Hilter LHs out there. With other LHs nobody does bother, if the model isn't perfect, some even do have big glitches, they do use them anyway. But Hilter must be perfect. I don't understand the fascination about this LH (I don't even want it to be in my personal mod), and I think it is sad, that so much time is wasted, in which better LHs could been made. But well, we won't make anyone to reconsider.

Anyway, I am waiting very much for Cetshwayo, too. There aren't enough african leaders out there.

I am asking this to myself often, too. There are really many Hilter LHs out there. With other LHs nobody does bother, if the model isn't perfect, some even do have big glitches, they do use them anyway. But Hilter must be perfect. I don't understand the fascination about this LH (I don't even want it to be in my personal mod), and I think it is sad, that so much time is wasted, in which better LHs could been made. But well, we won't make anyone to reconsider.

Anyway, I am waiting very much for Cetshwayo, too. There aren't enough african leaders out there.

You know, I just want to say something about this because I keep hearing it. As an LH maker I should be able to make whomever I'd like. I don't know how many times I've done requests even though I thought they were pointless or stupid. Yes there are a lot of Hitlers, but I don't think any of them are as good as they could be. There are always issues with each of them, even if minor. Not to mention I am making a mod where I am adding a lot of leaders to the game. I think it would be against the spirit of my mod to leave out the most infamous leader in world history.

If you don't want it in your personal mod that's fine. And its up to you. Just like its up to ME to make it.

You know, I just want to say something about this because I keep hearing it. As an LH maker I should be able to make whomever I'd like. I don't know how many times I've done requests even though I thought they were pointless or stupid. Yes there are a lot of Hitlers, but I don't think any of them are as good as they could be. There are always issues with each of them, even if minor. Not to mention I am making a mod where I am adding a lot of leaders to the game. I think it would be against the spirit of my mod to leave out the most infamous leader in world history.

If you don't want it in your personal mod that's fine. And its up to you. Just like its up to ME to make it.

You are right- you can do whatever you want. But JustATourist has a point though: Hitler as a German LH is a very controversial decision. Hitler can be the leader of a Nazi Germany civ, but making him a leader of Germany can insult many people, especially Germans. The thing about LH in Civilization is simple- every leader who ever appeared in the game is a national symbol, even the very controversial Stalin. You can't say that about Hitler. Again, you are free to do whatever you want, but you should make something in you MOD, so that people can easily remove him if they don't want him in the game.
Also something about Germany- does your MOD also have Konrad Adenauer as a leader of Germany? If not I think you should consider adding him too.

You know, I just want to say something about this because I keep hearing it. As an LH maker I should be able to make whomever I'd like.

Capo, that was not, what I wanted to say. I would never demand to stop making the artwork you are interessted in, and I am not saying, stop making a Hitler LH. All I am saying is: I don't understand the fascination, that every LH artist is doing a Hilter LH. If there would be a couple of LHs every LH artist is redoing, I would understand it's a common phenomenon. But it is only the Hilter LH, even the quite popular Cleopatra hasn't that much versions. So, I really can't understand the reason. That's all what I am saying.

You are right- you can do whatever you want. But JustATourist has a point though: Hitler as a German LH is a very controversial decision. Hitler can be the leader of a Nazi Germany civ, but making him a leader of Germany can insult many people, especially Germans. The thing about LH in Civilization is simple- every leader who ever appeared in the game is a national symbol, even the very controversial Stalin. You can't say that about Hitler. Again, you are free to do whatever you want, but you should make something in you MOD, so that people can easily remove him if they don't want him in the game.
Also something about Germany- does your MOD also have Konrad Adenauer as a leader of Germany? If not I think you should consider adding him too.

Thanks Igor for that words. Yes, I think using Hitler as a german leader is insulting. (At least I am feeling like this.) In a WWII secenario it's something different, but as a regular german leader... Many germans are even proud, that Hitler wasn't even a german (he was austrian). You are the very first non-german I am meeting, who do understand this.

Also thanks for mentioning Adenauer. He is somebody, who is a german symbol, and one germans are proud of. (And I think it is a very very good LH model, too.) If somebody do add one or more german LHs, Adenauer should be the first one.

Both Adenauer and Hitler are being added to my mod. Part of the reason I am adding Hitler, by the way, is so you can play a WWII scenario. I also have Pol Pot in my mod as well. So while that may be insulting I think the LHs are good and I want to have same bad guys in there as well.

Who's Lalibela?

This is a picture of Lalibela from the 1200s or whatever.

I don't have a specific plan, but I was going to take Justinian's crown, pull the middle of the top up (so it gets pointy like this image), give him Izzy's head-scarf-thing and from there I'm not exactly sure what else to do or which LH to use as a base. I was considering maybe Asoka or something. Not quite sure yet. This is a long way out though because its being released as part of my new mod.

This is a picture of Lalibela from the 1200s or whatever.
I don't have a specific plan, but I was going to take Justinian's crown, pull the middle of the top up (so it gets pointy like this image), give him Izzy's head-scarf-thing and from there I'm not exactly sure what else to do or which LH to use as a base. I was considering maybe Asoka or something. Not quite sure yet. This is a long way out though because its being released as part of my new mod.

Sounds very interesting! I might be even tempted to add him to my game if it comes out well! The chances are pretty low though, since I already have more than 100 LHs (including Firaxis ones) and this is too much!

if somebody could possibly make a leaderhead for Augusto Pinochet, or point me toward one that's already been made, that would be great!

Just the picture, I don't want him in a mod or anything

and would anyone happen to have the hexadecimal color code for Byzantium(black and gold)?

I'm always surprised at some of these questions when its as easy as putting "Augusto Pinochet" into the search field and searching for it. Anyway here is THREAD FOR PINOCHET, and I don't know what type of image you wanted of it (probably in-game I'd imagine) but here is the nifskope shot of him from the page...

Obviously there are a couple of issues with it. For one the thumbs. But I also think there was an issue with the buttons too. But anyway there you go. I think there are a few files you can DL there but I am pretty sure he is unifinished.

EDIT: I think this was a "tag-team" effort by Wyz Sub (who made the model) and Bernie14 (who skinned it). I am pretty sure that is how this got thrown together at least.

EDIT 2: I think the buttons "under/on" the sash need to be removed and then a couple copied above and then the thumb fixed and it should be pretty decent to use. I'd put sunglasses on him too. Because I think it would look cooler that way.

Really no one who creates a Nagy LH for me?

Obviously there are a couple of issues with it. For one the thumbs. But I also think there was an issue with the buttons too. But anyway there you go. I think there are a few files you can DL there but I am pretty sure he is unifinished.

EDIT: I think this was a "tag-team" effort by Wyz Sub (who made the model) and Bernie14 (who skinned it). I am pretty sure that is how this got thrown together at least.

EDIT 2: I think the buttons "under/on" the sash need to be removed and then a couple copied above and then the thumb fixed and it should be pretty decent to use. I'd put sunglasses on him too. Because I think it would look cooler that way.

thats an out of date picture. I skinned it but then bernie did better skinning. I fixed the thumb. The latest version is in the Nature of Man modpack for civ gold

Top Bottom