Let's Play Civ 5 - India

quill18

Warlord
Heya folks,

I got a tremendously good response from my last video Let's Play, so I've started a new game as India that you can follow here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edzyL1qwwPY

As always, please feel free to give me your feedback -- I still have a lot of improvements to make in my gameplay!

I'm extremely excited with this. I love your commentary. While I'm super excited that you're doing another Civ V video, (You sort of took a break, did other let's play videos for other games) I would like to see another standard game. Preferably military conquest. Mostly just because that's the most interesting thing to watch in my opinion.

Your Babylon videos were fantastic. I'd like to see what you could do with a more ideal warmongering leader. Askia, Wu Zetian, Genghis Khan, Montezuma, etc.

Not really a complaint, just a suggestion. I love that you're still doing Civ V videos. You're commentary is just superb. Other people just play robotically, like I'm supposed to be entertained by the surgical precision of their borderline cheating and optimal strategy.

Edit - Forgot to ask; What settings are you using for this game? Difficulty, Map Type, any special settings?

Hiya Razzle,

Thanks for the awesome comments! I definitely intend to play more warmongering strategies as LP's in the future exactly the reason you stated. It's often more exciting! It's the 3-city limit for the achievement more than the cultural victory condition that's keeping me so peaceful this time around.

The map settings are King/Continents, with everything else standard.

Love the Part 3. Ends on such a rough cliffhanger. I knew that war on both sides of your borders was bound to happen eventually. Although, I assumed it would have been Askia and Genghis, but Ramesses turned into a huge super power. Can't wait to see how you survive the war. I know I'm not the only one.

Also, do you have "Hide mouse cursor in video" selected under the FRAPS Movies options? That is most assuredly the reason why your mouse isn't showing up.

Also, do you have "Hide mouse cursor in video" selected under the FRAPS Movies options? That is most assuredly the reason why your mouse isn't showing up.

The source of all my video-related problems with Civ 5 is that Fraps eats up too much framerate to be usable with Civ 5. I'm stuck using Camtasia instead. :(

Camtasia IS set to record my mouse -- and does for everything except Civ 5.

Heya folks,

I got a tremendously good response from my last video Let's Play, so I've started a new game as India that you can follow here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edzyL1qwwPY

As always, please feel free to give me your feedback -- I still have a lot of improvements to make in my gameplay!

Yes! Your videos rock, so I guess you did get a good response. ;) I am going check it out now.

The source of all my video-related problems with Civ 5 is that Fraps eats up too much framerate to be usable with Civ 5. I'm stuck using Camtasia instead. :(

Camtasia IS set to record my mouse -- and does for everything except Civ 5.

So under cursor effects it's set to mouse cursor visible? That's weird. :( Well, it's not a big deal. The mouse isn't the star of the show. We'll live without it. Keep 'em coming.

What kind of headset do you use? The audio quality is crystal clear.

Also thanks for ruining Genghis Khans diplomacy screen for me. All I can hear now is him calling me a sausage man. >.<

I am starting to get worried about quill18 in the current game now. Last video, he had Egypt and Mongolia declare war on him and he had left off there. I don't know how many units are coming for him but just say Egypt is about 3 times his size as far as land goes. He did que up some cannons but it could get ugly. Even if he manages to fight them off, I worry it could wreck the cultural victory he is going for plus his economy. Especially if the war drags on too long.

"I'm just gonna watch one of these before going to bed"
5 videos later, "...Just one more video!"

Keep up the good work. Definitely curious as to how this plays out.

You play league of legends! I enjoy LoL very much.

It looks like you have a lot of Let's Play's on your channel. I'll have to look into a couple.

Hey quill18:

Watching your Bollywood game ... two thoughts from early part I:

The are planning to fix the list to only reveal who you have met in the next patch, I think.

That castle burning behind Askia is not his ... it is yours! :eek: ... in his dreams. ;)

dV

Top Bottom