Liberating a CS only gets you 60 influence!?

Confirmed. I'm playing a game where I've just liberated a CS whom I hadn't previously met. I got 60 influence. Weak.

Hmmm. I liberated a CS and it allied with me instantly. Never had any contact or dealings with it beforehand (i.e. neutral status). Maybe game difficulty makes a difference? Strange...

Liberating a CS ain't so bad.

More importantly, you get their automatic vote in the U.N. elections (even if someone else has more influence than you).

Also, it's a way to deny your opponents a city without razing it and without keeping it yourself (if you don't have the happiness).

Liberating a CS ain't so bad.

More importantly, you get their automatic vote in the U.N. elections (even if someone else has more influence than you).

Also, it's a way to deny your opponents a city without razing it and without keeping it yourself (if you don't have the happiness).

Everyone agrees Liberating a CS is ideal, etc. The problem is the fact when liberated, they are often only @ 60 influence, so you lose them as allies the next turn.
This is just silly, as they should be at a way higher influence level so you have them as allies for a long time.
I know previously it was much higher, so i don't know when or why it was changed, but it's definitely not so hot now.

Or problems like my current game. Thankfully didn't happen to me, but:
1. Siam liberates Antwerp (from the Ottomans)
2. Antwerp decides that it will not ally with Siam, but with Austria, since their influence is higher. (I don't remember the history, but presumably Austria had a lot of influence before, and it just freezes while Antwerp was being occupied)
3. Austria is at war with Siam
4. Antwerp declares war on Siam (its liberator)

60 influence and then a little "Marshall plan" help(cash gift) and then are your set for alot of turns.

I remember some 2011 patch where you got a much higher influences for liberating, I once liberated Rio De Janeiro in the middle age and it stayed ally for the rest of the game(without further gifts).

Top Bottom