Liberating city states - only 60pts?

copperred

Chieftain
I've started noticing this more in my games and so I'm a bit confused if this was a change I just didn't notice in the fall patch for G&K, but city states I liberate are only what can best be said to be "momentary" allies in that I only get 60/60 pts when liberating them. So guaranteed on the next turn I have to give them something to stay allies, while I'm also fighting off the people I liberated them from:mad:. This makes no sense to me. I thought it was different earlier but perhaps I'm mistaken?

60 points is a lot. You just have to put some more work into them, if you want to keep them as allies, if not and forget about them.

If you're going Diplo, at least you have one vote already. :)

It's annoying because it's possible to liberate a CS only to immediately be at war with them (opponent was big ally, taken by opponent of his, reclaimed but for some reason not liberated, you started with 0 influence). If there were some way to stop this happening then 60 would be fine, it shouldn't be a guaranteed 'got his vote for ever and ever' but a good boost to give an advantage over other civs.

Top Bottom