Lionised and Vilified

As always, happy to hear any thoughts or plans the roster has on the game in the meantime.

:)

sure...win the game :D

Oh ... I see ... :eek:

How's this for a PPP then?

I think we can go full on unit spamming other than getting out the execs we need and end this thing quickly. Spreading Cereal should be VERY quick and we have plenty of money.

We should bribe Otto on Vicky and then attack Otto and Maria from both sides.

edit: We might want to switch Cathy to Steam Power since Gustav is taking forever and it would be nice to at least get Railroad

bring it home Cam!

and if the AI gets MG's.. best of luck with nerves... gets me frustrated when I hit the wall with cavs.

A long and drawn out affair in the end, I went for around 16 turns if that's OK just to finish it off.

As proposed, bribed Suleiman to DoW Victoria, and came in a few turns later with the backstab.

The crux of the problem with the slow win date was that I struggled to get Berlin to 20,000:culture: having popped a Great Engineer where we were odds-on of getting a Great Artist. When I was confident that we'd hit the culture target, we ended up with 63.96% of landmass, falling short by 0.04%. I could have left it there and waited for border pops, but instead I took on Ankara; the Ottomans' Rifleman stronghold. After a massive conflict, we capped him too, being only 'England short' of Conquest.

Screenies;
Spoiler :
Bribe...

... and stab ...

(Sorry about the window in the image)

Too late to do anything much;

This secures the land for the win;

This for style points;

____________________________​

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1690.CivBeyondSwordSave
    321.6 KB · Views: 188
Good ending for a good game :devil:

:goodjob: Cam

That was a good game and good finish. looking forward to the next campetition

:thumbsup:

Not worth handing over for 6 turns.

Well played chaps.

That was a good game and good finish. looking forward to the next campetition

Yep - this one worked out really well. Not an astonishingly good patch of turf, but apparently good enough to get a sound footing.

Due to RL, I'm not planning on starting a new 'campetition' :) for a few weeks at earliest, but by all means if someone here wants to get another going, please do so although I regret that I won't be in a position to participate.

I added a few more screenshots to #409 that show some of the progress during this last turnset. As before, much slower than hoped, (and I won't tell you how many 60%-75% type battles I lost!).

Top Bottom