Lizardman Units [Warhammer]

A recolorized ankylosaurus from PTW Extras folder. These are only the graphic files, not the ini or sound. The Bastilodon is simply a less-green variant of the PTW dinosaur. (The other file is self-explanatory.) In time I'll add embellishments and features to make the unit more Slannish -- I said Slannish, not Slaanesh!

(Also, I should point out that it has no riders, kind of in the same way the War Elephant in Vanilla CIV doesn't, either.)

Hey nice work. It's not perfect, but I think it can serve as a nice placeholder untill (if ever) a fully armed Bastiladon is created. :thumbsup:

Now I have to figure out exactly what it should do. :hmm:

edit: This is from the GW website.
The Solar Engine is a relic of the Old Ones carried into war on the back of the Bastiladon, an arcane marvel that features a giant crystal to capture the energy of the sun and unleash it on the enemy in a blinding ray of sorcerous power.
So perhaps it could have a magic attack? Maybe get some laser graphic from another unit and paste it in?

This is a current work in progress. With reduced size he can ride on a torosaurus or bastilodon, or run on foot like the little people -- er, scalies -- do.

It's not complete. The Oracle Previews zip is just to take a better peek.

Yoda Power, I downloaded Lord Malbeth's gemstone unit and investigated using the Holy Relic unit in Conquests for just that very thing, but the one wasn't quite up to snuff and the other may work with the right amount of tweaking. I have not delved into PhotoShop, yet, so it may turn out I'm doing everything the long, difficult way, but for now I'm content to cut-and-paste, since I'm already very pleased with the quality of the Firaxis units -- the golden standard, as it were.

I probably won't call the finished unit a Bastilodon if it has a magic attack. It'll be called a Solar Engine or Altar of Sotek or what have you.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

But what is the Oracle? That's not a Lizardman unit. :confused:

From the Games Workshop site:
"Lizardmen Carnosaur/Troglodon
...This kit can also make a Troglodon with Skink Oracle. It contains a specific Troglodon head, with optional globule of venomous spit! The Troglodon also features a crested fin on its back and a twin tail, a detail that it shares with the Skink Oracle. The Skink itself rides bareback and holds a different yoke that attaches to a collar decorated with feathers. The Skink can be armed with either a javelin, or Divining Rod."

:mischief:I used artistic license and borrowed the name to apply to this unit I'm working on. Much later, I may reduce this unit in size -- I recall there being some sort of resizer utility Steph or someone made -- and have it mounted on a troglodon (PTW's Extras' Spinodon). Er, I kind of already said that in post #5...

Yet another work in progress. The finished product will feature a ranged attack like a volley of arrows and a couple of skinks with spears walking alongside this guy.

This is a current work in progress. With reduced size he can ride on a torosaurus or bastilodon, or run on foot like the little people -- er, scalies -- do.

It's not complete. The Oracle Previews zip is just to take a better peek.

That unit is awesome. Excellent cut 'n' paste job!

Top Bottom