LK169, Italy, CCM 2.5, AWM

1630 AD (15)
Enslaver attacks Incan crossbow. They simply kill it. (113-20)
Elite legionary attacks Maghreb that landed by New York. (114-20)
Knight of the realm attacks Indo-China fire cannon. (115-20)
Knight of the realm attacks Indo-China fire cannon and promotes to elite. (116-20)

The current Polish front.

The current China front. The red circle is the offensive stack building up. A lot of slow moving infantry is getting close to occupy the cities, and free this stack up. You can see stray Indo-China units in this picture to be dealt with.

There are 2 different border colors here, so there is probably another Maghreb city to be hit for cash.

I've been sending any captured workers back to the core. Poland is so corrupted, that the cities are very low on the priority list to develop. China doesn't seem too bad, but I'd rather get the core by the capitol to 100%. There are still workers finishing up Veii and Rome.

At this time we are ahead by clockworks and printing press of the known civs. Once renaissance and humanism are researched we can decide if we have any shot of the wonders from free artistry.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium

Attachments

• LK169-1635AD.SAV
    986.2 KB · Views: 6
Maghreb wants to talk. They refuse to give up 19139 in gold. I inform that I will take it by force.
(IT) Japan wants to talk. They won't give us all there tech, so I tell them to go away.
:lol: :thumbsup:
At this time we are ahead by clockworks and printing press of the known civs. Once renaissance and humanism are researched we can decide if we have any shot of the wonders from free artistry.
We might if no civs have learned Free Artistry by the time we learn Humanism. We should have learned Renaissance and started researching Humanism before any Civ could start researching Free Artistry. Also, besides the other civs having to learn Clockworks and Printing Press they usually learn at some of the techs Humanism leads to plus some of the naval techs.

Hopefully, the Chinese Settler that slipped away will settle quickly.

I might have gone for that settler, tbh. We're not hurting for Knights at all. This game is going pretty smoothly!

You know this is an atypical AW game when I don't even get a comment about building a wonder. I think we've build more wonders this AW game then the rest combined.

It still feels weird to be somewhat even with the AI for tech. Oracle, Great Library and Philosopher's Stone really earned there worth.

The isolated start and Oracle settlers gave us a nice core despite a long delay of taking any AI cities. Seems crazy that we have 31 cities with only killing a single civ.

You know this is an atypical AW game when I don't even get a comment about building a wonder. I think we've build more wonders this AW game then the rest combined
I did give you a like on the Holy Book Wonder, I just didn't know what to say.
We continue in making the game atypical by considering what techs to learn to build more Wonders.

Also, we already have at least twice the cities that any AI we know has. Our time to research a tech should be about the same if not faster than most civs. We need to take full advantage of our Commercial trait and strive to have all worked land tiles roaded.
I'd rather get the core by the capitol to 100%
We should consider Seattle and New York as core cities, they don't have a great deal of corruption. If New York gets its mountains mined, it might be able to build knights in 1 turn.

We should consider Seattle and New York as core cities, they don't have a great deal of corruption. If New York gets its mountains mined, it might be able to build knights in 1 turn.

I consider the cities with <50% corruption our core.
I was surprised to find Rome still needed a touch of work done. I'm trying to spread out from Rome to get cities to 100%.

Personally, I don't care about boosting production right now. We're making plenty of knights to keep expanding (maybe not steamrolling the KI, but we're making steady progress).

But...research could be faster. I'd like to focus on faster growth in outlying cities -- more citizens, more tiles, more commerce!

And yeah, this particular game is unique with how Wonder-heavy it is. Can't usually do that in AW! :eek:

A lot of work I did was irrigation. Rome getting the last irrigation should hire a few more scientists.
I want the lowest corruption cities first, as that science will be the most useful.

Last edited:
ROSTER:
LKendter
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium

But...research could be faster. I'd like to focus on faster growth in outlying cities -- more citizens, more tiles, more commerce!
A lot of work I did was irrigation. Rome getting the last irrigation should hire a few more scientists.
I want the lowest corruption cities first, as that science will be the most useful.
New York has about the same amount of corruption as Sheepish Pig Iron.
When I mentioned New York building Knights in 1 turn I was more to show how much potential it had to be developed. A knight in 1 turn means an Observatory in at most 6 turns and a University in at most 8 turns. Right now it would take New York 10 turns to build an Observatory and 14 turns to build a University.

Finishing the cities by expanding out from Rome is a good way to prioritize them. I just think, when finishing development of a city, we should first make sure all tiles that are being worked are roaded. Working an unroaded tile is not generating commerece (unless it is next to a river and then it still costs us some commerce). Rome is an example of that you are building the last road before irrigating. However, at Veii we are building a mine and still have 1 unroaded tile being worked.

I was sending 100% of the reinforcements toward China with Indo-China showing up from the north. I was planning to keep the Poland front static.
My goal was to wipe China. In addition, the big money is the Maghreb cities in the area. They are the next one I want. There cash can keep 70% science going. In addition, I like the idea of hurting a top civ. Maghreb is always a powerhouse. I don't have the game up right now, but IIRC they probably have a wonder we want.

Joe, I agree on New York being good. I have a handful of workers by Seattle to help that. It has less corruption, and has a lot of undeveloped tiles.

The decision to send troops toward China was a good one. Indochina is showing up with a bunch of units including 4 defense ones. So I've not been able to take the offensive yet for the first turns of the set, but don't think there is danger either. Will continue to play when I can but will likely keep the game into next weekend.

Abraxan, great that you are checking in here! :thumbsup: If your last check in here was a couple of years ago, in my eyes you have missed the best parts of Civ 3, as the Flintlock mod now offers options for modding and playing C3C, that we have only dreamed about some years ago. :)

Abraxan, great that you are checking in here! :thumbsup: If your last check in here was a couple of years ago, in my eyes you have missed the best parts of Civ 3, as the Flintlock mod now offers options for modding and playing C3C, that we have only dreamed about some years ago. :)
I'll have to check those out at some point, but life is way too busy for me to find C3C time right now.

Top Bottom