Long Term Game Appoarch (scheduled time/date)

chrisrodx

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

Are any folks interested in a long term continued game with a scheduled weekly time days?

We are looking for at least 3 additional, dedicated players to gather up on a weekly basis to start and then continue an epic or similar style game. We would meet routinely on agreed fix days and times each week.

Currently we have 2 people that have agreed to: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm EST (US) tuesday and thursday. But we can adjust this slightly if needed, as long as it is in the evenings (and consider this is a US game).

The idea is to have an enjoyable, long term game from start to finish using the more traditional game approach with the ordinary win options (space race, etc). Obviously this cant be done in one sitting.

Any thoughts or interest?

Thank you,

Chrisrodx

Hi everyone,

Are any folks interested in a long term continued game with a scheduled weekly time days?

We are looking for at least 3 additional, dedicated players to gather up on a weekly basis to start and then continue an epic or similar style game. We would meet routinely on agreed fix days and times each week.

Currently we have 2 people that have agreed to: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm EST (US) tuesday and thursday. But we can adjust this slightly if needed, as long as it is in the evenings (and consider this is a US game).

The idea is to have an enjoyable, long term game from start to finish using the more traditional game approach with the ordinary win options (space race, etc). Obviously this cant be done in one sitting.

Any thoughts or interest?

Thank you,

Chrisrodx

We play these kind of games in on sitting all the time in the No Quitters group.

Look at my signature if you are interested.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. One of the purposes for this approach is to address the issue of not being able to play a game from start to finish. That is, not everyone has the time to play 8+ hours in one day (nor do many people want to).

The idea is that busy folks such as myself can meet up and continue a game each week.

Chrisrodx

In that case you should contact Onan.

Thanks. Onan and I have talked - great guy. But he is located on the other side of the planet. We are looking for people that can play at around the same time (our 8:00 pm is like 2:00 am for them).

Anyone interested should realize the games will be held around 8:00 pm EST game twice a week (can adjust slightly).

Hi, if you can start around 6:30 or 7:00 at your time, it might be ok for me before Mid March. By the way I m in the same time zone as Onan.

GMT -5 dallas/chicago. interested in the possibility. say a small pool of players 5-10. 2-3hr playing session. available around the same time playing multiple games based on availability. tim and bob are not gonna be there every friday neither is paul or brain. no reason for the game not to play that evening. just started based on who is there. when paul and brain are out again the game that started w/ out them can continue.

another concept maybe as you leave the game you create a save, AI takes over. bill, bob and tim continue until they feel their session is over, 2hrs later. now when bill bob and tim are online again you can either start from file you saved or chose to continue in the future from file they saved, 2hrs later.

you can also hot login to game that is running. bill and bob arent there at the beginning of the game. AI plays until they get there.

this maybe a crazy concept in these times of the get it done now mentality. it may contain long term commitment. not like a marriage. kids are almost of age. i realized i didnt really like you that much anyway. i can play w/ them 2 weekends a month. how much $$$ a month do i pay.

PM me we can share steam id

i would be interested in this. I enjoy MP but i cant even endure even an entire quick game. I do prefer epic length when i play single player and it would be nice to only play a couple hours per session

Thanks for the interest folks. It looks like we have enough interest to get a game started soon. Here are the interested players:

King.2"richard
D!ck VII
Ironic monkey
sn6494900
Chrisrodx

Shall we start on March 20th, 8PM EST?

another concept start a big game it runs every week at a certain time. post a list of the of the seats available. have a strong AI, this does 2 things. makes the humans have to stick together and gives that seat higher score so it makes it desirable to human player.

Glad to see you trying to get this going in another time zone, Chris.

It's hard to organize, and you need to find reliable people, but it's a really fun way to play. Best of luck. :)

If you persevere it will, though it probably will not go smoothly at first. Stick with it though and you should be able to find a consistent group of players.

Top Bottom