Lost Focus of action while in combat

UrukHaiFighter

Chieftain
Hi, I'm a new joiner here and been mostly happy Civ player for many years. But there is a problems which seem not to get fixed for maybe it does not bother others than me. Or maybe this has been discussed here thousand times. Sorry if is has.

My biggest gray hair generator with Civ is dealing with focus of action (f.o.a) in combat situation! (or lack of) Let me explain: I am fighting an enemy unit or city with few of my combat units. I start fight with one unit. Then AI moves f.o.a to some other combat situation far away or puts me handling a trader or doing some city production! Frustrating!! I hope this would be fixed so that whenever you are having a fight, the f.o.a stays there until the combat is over or all your units concerning that fight situation are already used in that turn.

This is also an issue for Civ IV, where the unit queue feels woefully out of sync with the player. I guess Civ V handled this by disincentivizing wide empires and fronts :lol: I wonder whether a solution would be prioritizing nearby, same-category queue candidates, or something else to make the queue feel more organic or at least less like you are flying around the map.

Top Bottom