LotR29 Odd Aztecs

I did download and play with the new patch. I had no difficulties with the save. Hopefully, no one else will either.

First thing to notice, everybody publicly denounced us. Well, not quite everybody but just about.

Played my 10 war-filled turns. Finished off the Indian troops near our center and worked on moving towards their cities.

India knows rifling, which is a major problem. I had to dance and dance and dance our troops. I finally killed the rifle, but I think it's going to cost a highly-promoted longsword.

In other news, we got another policy. I went with the one (Oligarchy?) that gives us +33% strength fighting in our own territory. As soon as possible, we want freedom, but the new patch no longer provides the option of delaying SP choices.

In the "want freedom ASAP" vein, I started us on Gunpowder, which will put us into the proper age to unlock that tree. We finished physics and have two trebuchets to help in future/current warring.

Diplo-wise, India refuses to discuss peace. We have a few excess luxuries that nobody really wants as most people hate us. I did what I could, especially early, but I've not checked it much lately.

Tech-wise, we're a fair bit behind. Not sure what to do about that, except maybe try to ally with a maritime city-state. Even "nerfed", they are very helpful.

Happiness, we are fine. Our puppets seem to be staying relatively neutral, which is good.

Puppets are building some culture buildings for us, which is really really nice. We need it. Tenoch built a catapult, a pike, bought a forge, and is now working on a new national wonder to try to increase our cash flow. It just started, so another military unit can be fit in without cost.

We still trail in a large number of significant categories. One thing we should probably do to help ourselves out is spit out another worker or two. I think our cities aren't working optimal spots. I tried to improve that, but we have limited forces. And roads for mobility and income took priority.

ROSTER:
all messed up
Methos -- UP NOW
Sparthage -- ON DECK
Jaffa Tamarin
Arathorn

Arathorn

Attachments

• LotR29_0185 AD-1250.Civ5Save
    802.8 KB · Views: 262
At first look I started getting worried at the lack of units, before I realized we're currently at peace. Still, I'm not sure I like that we have so many unprotected cities with the "friends" we have.

Also, is anyone else having graphical issues? Notice in the first image that when I have Citizen Management selected I don't have the option to assign citizens. Notice in the second image that I don't have the buildings/wonders/citizen management, or anything in the top right corner.

Spoiler :

New games started with the patch work just fine. Are any of the rest of you having this problem? I did try and reload the save, but the issue was still there. I can change production and purchase items, but I can't modify citizens.

Attachments

• lotr29_problems.jpg
    lotr29_problems.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 2,435
  • lotr29_problems2.jpg
    lotr29_problems2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 2,415
Someone else might as well take it. All I did was click end of turn, as I was trying to figure out how best to deal with our western front. Things are way too busy here and the one day I had available to play, my parents stopped in to visit. Sorry guys, its just been busy.

The game is as dead as Civ 5 and all their SGs. If SGs are an indication of the attractiveness of a game, it couldn't be worse. Just compare that with the vibrancy of Civ 3 and Civ 4 at their time...it's a shame what they did to this franchise

Top Bottom