LS Civilization Set

i have a question about The Hashshashin civ. Can the Fida'i be bought with faith from Holy Warriors, or it can only appear when upgrading a level 3 Swordsman?
It should be buyable with faith from Holy Warriors, not tested though. (Swordsman build in city with barracks and armory starts with level 3 anyway)

Some additional spam:
Choose wisely.
Anyway, game was quite finished once I disbanded austrian empire and it turned out that I forgot enable "Less warmonger hate". Wheel of neverending war/denouncing. At least, I detected one bug.

I am bullied on workshop for making UP/weak civs. What a ungrateful world. :|

Cossack Hetmanate is gonna be rebalanced a bit. Pillaging will in addition provide (1-3) points toward Hetman. Sich Cossack may receive minor changes. Hetman's "Liberate" action will turn city into Barbarian City if you are not original owner of the city (if you are original owner of the city, it will be retaken as it is now), but Hetman is gonna receive additional ability:
"Uprising" - gain control of nearest allied city-state's military units (Hetman is consumed).
Hittites are gonna stay as they are.

Could you add a unique start bias for the Minoans? if there is available space smaller than 10 tile and larger than 5 (three luxuries and two bonus resources), could be a nice indirect buff and flavourful but it might be difficult task.

Could you add a unique start bias for the Minoans? if there is available space smaller than 10 tile and larger than 5 (three luxuries and two bonus resources), could be a nice indirect buff and flavourful but it might be difficult task.
First of all, I am glad that you can play my mods without crashing, if you do.

I can't do it.

UB is gonna be rebalanced. It will consider much larger Islands (25-30) and have one medicore effect, while cities on truely small Islands (less than 6) get powerful bonus.
I think, I can make Capital be always able to build it (gaining at least medicore effect even if on 200 tiles continent). That's it, if your main goal is making use of UB in Capital, this solution seems pretty good for me.

I kinda lost interest in civ 5 recently but I always boot up a game when something of interest comes around, and sadly no I have yet resolved the crashes I just disable a whole lot of my mods and hope for the best.

Expected considering Inuit unique start bias is 450 lines of code but I have another idea, is it possible for the Anaktora to spawn a dummy resource on all tiles (of course with restrictions that you can come up with) +1 food.
And also a question about my question if there is two resources which give yield food on the same tile will you get two random yields (I could probably answer this one my self if I checked the code)?

It is impossible to put two resources on one tile.

Anaktora will not interact with UA.
What is more, I am not gonna replace luxuries around starting location with ones benefiting from UA.
That's not what I found flavourful. It is something I call boring.

Well that's all I have for now, gotta make sure next time I post here I will have something more of interest for you.

Edit: Damn my head always completes the sentence but I don't type it. :(

Well that's all I have for now, gotta make sure next time I post here I will something more of interest for you.
:) Thank you for sharing ideas even if it is not something I am looking for.

In general, I am not big fan of giving everything on a plate. I prefer bonuses forcing player to do something than just sitting and processing. Minoan UA is dependent on peace, that's additional reason I would prefer UB not interacting with UA. I was actually thinking about UU <-> UB interaction, giving Penteconter ability to settle on 'tiny' islands, but I decided that it would be quite gamebreaking (definitely too early, Conquistador is fine of course).
What is more, I believe tiny island start isn't a buff at all (especially if isolated by ocean). Some people would complain about it. Therefore, I am leaving those matters to pre-made locations on custom maps.
Other than that, I am following official pattern (does Spain has NW start bias? Or should it have?). Some of people may have different opinion, but I am the one who is making and for who those civs are made.
Fake start bias have additional issues (gameplay, creating not proportional distribution of players on map; technical, fog of war is a mist[ery] for me).

I shall warn you that people rarely comes up with something interesting/unknown to me (after all, I am modding for more than a year). But they do (naval melee units attacking land is something simple yet genius). If you like mind puzzle, you can try to solve one of the following issues I am facing now:
1) Optimize SetXY code for unique units (I assume this one you leave for me)
2) Haida, Ashanti, Romania - civs I am least satisfied with.
3) Swiss UC2; current one is placeholder, I shall do something about it before 2015.
4) Israeli UA - encouraging to look for a better starting location is great; issues are balance and keeping this interesting for next settlers.

(naval melee units attacking land is something simple yet genius)

^^;

I like to think i am at least okay at suggesting things! I am definitely all for unique things that reward being proactive over passiveness. It can be tricky yes but it adds a more interesting and unique playstyle.

Haven't been playing much since my desk fan broke and my computer is probably on the path to dying, so for the most part I just do stuff relevant to Google Earthing everything which I am vaguely making progress in (I still have to do actualcivs Persia and Siam but they're a pain so I just make a happy full map doing simple ones like Belgium and Canada and the like, one day I will get an initial vanilla release of it out x.x)

:) Thank you for sharing ideas even if it is not something I am looking for.

In general, I am not big fan of giving everything on a plate. I prefer bonuses forcing player to do something than just sitting and processing. Minoan UA is dependent on peace, that's additional reason I would prefer UB not interacting with UA. I was actually thinking about UU <-> UB interaction, giving Penteconter ability to settle on 'tiny' islands, but I decided that it would be quite gamebreaking (definitely too early, Conquistador is fine of course).
What is more, I believe tiny island start isn't a buff at all (especially if isolated by ocean). Some people would complain about it. Therefore, I am leaving those matters to pre-made locations on custom maps.
Other than that, I am following official pattern (does Spain has NW start bias? Or should it have?). Some of people may have different opinion, but I am the one who is making and for who those civs are made.
Fake start bias have additional issues (gameplay, creating not proportional distribution of players on map; technical, fog of war is a mist[ery] for me).

I shall warn you that people rarely comes up with something interesting/unknown to me (after all, I am modding for more than a year). But they do (naval melee units attacking land is something simple yet genius). If you like mind puzzle, you can try to solve one of the following issues I am facing now:
1) Optimize SetXY code for unique units (I assume this one you leave for me)
2) Haida, Ashanti, Romania - civs I am least satisfied with.
3) Swiss UC2; current one is placeholder, I shall do something about it before 2015.
4) Israeli UA - encouraging to look for a better starting location is great; issues are balance and keeping this interesting for next settlers.

If you change the Israeli UA - can you change the Israeli UU?

If you change the Israeli UA - can you change the Israeli UU?
I can, but I don't see a reason to do it.

@Developing
I have played two games recently; as Genoa and Bulgaria.

Genoa was definitely more interesting to me. Anyway, being the only Freedom civ guarantees emotions in late game as well.
I was thinking about giving "colonies" ability to repair on their own, either with cooldown or with Gold, but finally decided that it is unnecessary (so deal with your crabs being pillaged 100 tiles away). Anyway, I found out that ability works on Antiquity Sites, which will be fixed in next version (shame on me ;)).

I haven't used Balestrieri a lot, though they proudly support Frigates dealing around 7 damage to Persepolis each (definitely missed time-space). They need to be used carefully (because of melee-attack ability I lost one).

At last, Merchant Guild. I made use of it in early game and then I was blocked with luxuries demanded on the second part of Globe for a long time. The main power of bonus is fact that Gold is available instantly (if you divide it by turns, it doesn't seem so attractive). I was even sending Trade Route across the war zone just to change luxury (it paid back since I finally got luxury demanded by capital). I decided to not change anything essential (in next version text will underline cities that can be connected). [x]

Who could guess [x]?
Suryavarman was suryavarming, Darius was still ahead of me even without losing capital 100 turns before. Some AI is cheating better than other. [x]

Bulgaria, "pro civ". I was mainly auto-turning forward, teching and stuff. Babylon is probably more effective in this anyway. My favourite moment was Timurids and Goths allying against Mali, the turn last malian city was capture Alaric declared war on Timur (claiming whole Mali for himself). Quite sad that despite capturing 3 civs there was no wonder to destroy. [x]

Conclusion is that I am gonna change bulgarian UB.

Ah, I see you just updated Bathory...is it because of JFD's Poland-Lithuania compatibility since that one changes Poland too? Or will I have to be careful about using them both?

we sure have a lot of Polands and Lithuanias o.o

I have removed polish letter from city names not displayed in game. :/

About compability, I am unfortunately using in-game Cassimir leader, Winged Hussars and Ducal Stable (if JFD was as lazy as I, mods are not gonna work well together). What is more, I making current Poland unplayable so if JFD is using it then I would probably have to make some weird database stuff (checking if JFD mod is active) to make it work together.

I do understand your need of several versions of glorious polish civilization. (never too much)
Or not really... I may eventually make my mod less dependent on in-game files, but right now I think you should deal with just using JFD's one.

I have already a lot to update. Mainly the least interesting trio:
1. Haida - seriously I don't know what to do with them. I was even considering UI that can be built once for each GP ever made (Totem Poles for significant people). Embarked units attacking naval units. They are gonna be updated last.
2. Ashanti - I will use ancient method of giving them candy art to hide uninteresting gameplay; UA will be no longer related to conquering cities.
3. Romania - replaced with another civ; much likely Sumer.

Right now I am gonna do First Intergalactical Empire of Poland.

Well to clarify, I am actually not buying it. :( Can't afford. (maybe if it doesn't actually feel like a civ5mod; if they had made 3-levels map (clouds/air, land/sea surface, underwater/caves - Midgaard (?) scenario from civ II), I would pre-order it)

However, if you are serious about Space Pope, would you made FIEP as well. One thing, which I like about BE is that leaders are almost traitless (one bonus), so you would have to come up only with one ability (no 3d stuff model). Text/Art is something I can provide once I browse through your "Space Pope" files. Actually, I think civ-template will be no much different (somebody already posted a new faction in BE subforum).

It's still cheaper in Poland than in NZ :lol:

It would be my privilege to compose the FIEP faction for you :). I'm just waiting to find an example so I know all the different fiddly sizes I need for the icon atlases. The current mod that adds a new faction is not available, last I checked, and moreover just uses the Polystralia icon. I've browsed the IconAtlas xml files, and they're using odd sizes like 57 - I'm just not sure of the dimensions of the actual icon (which is used four times, apparently: an alpha, the regular, a gradiant, and a glow, and I'm not sure what the last two are yet.

I do understand your need of several versions of glorious polish civilization. (never too much)
Or not really... I may eventually make my mod less dependent on in-game files, but right now I think you should deal with just using JFD's one.

I have already a lot to update. Mainly the least interesting trio:
1. Haida - seriously I don't know what to do with them. I was even considering UI that can be built once for each GP ever made (Totem Poles for significant people). Embarked units attacking naval units. They are gonna be updated last.
2. Ashanti - I will use ancient method of giving them candy art to hide uninteresting gameplay; UA will be no longer related to conquering cities.
3. Romania - replaced with another civ; much likely Sumer.

Right now I am gonna do First Intergalactical Empire of Poland.

But I like Romania!

Top Bottom