Mac Version Announced for the Holidays

EmpireOfCats

Death to Giant Robots
It's going to be Aspyr:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101019007462/en

“The Civilization franchise is a fan-favorite and one of the best-selling Mac games ever. We are thrilled to be able to participate in this newest version and bring Mac gamers this native experience so close to the PC launch,” says Ted Staloch, Aspyr Media’s Executive Vice President.

Release date is "this holiday season". Nothing on the price.

Can't say I'm happy, though with an OS X version of Civ V I could finally erase my Windows partition. Aspyr's version of Civ IV was such a buggy mess, I ended up buying the PC version and dual-booting -- that and I was tired of waiting months and months for the BtS expansion (what is Staloch talking about, "so close to the PC launch"? It should have come out at the same time, like StarCraft 2). I hope they don't expect me to pay extra money, not after how expensive the PC version is for what we've been offered. Sorry guys, Valve and Blizzard have ruined the market.

I expected with the backlash of negativity they would try and rush the console version out by the holidays too.:sad:

According to a swedish gamesite, it will be released dec 3rd in the nordic countries.

FZ (in swedish)

Eventhough I dont own a Apple, Im curious to know, if I buy a Steam copy for PC, if I will be able to get the Mac version direct, without buying a new copy. You never know if I would join the dark side one day ;)

You never know if I would join the dark side one day ;)

Technically, we're the light side, if not the shiny brilliantly white, painfully gleaming and suspiciously clean side :). It's our black hearts and secret handshakes that ruin the image ...

Anyway, that is the big question, will it be free for those of us with the PC version. Somebody at Aspyr probably has a dart-board with the faces of the Valve and Blizzard bosses on his wall -- if I get the PC version of StarCraft 2 for free with my Mac version (seen from my perspective), a buggy "foundation" of a game such as Civ V should certainly be included for this price.

Technically, we're the light side, if not the shiny brilliantly white, painfully gleaming and suspiciously clean side :). It's our black hearts and secret handshakes that ruin the image ...

I dont know why, but Ive always thought there is some kind of connection between Apple's products and Storm Troppers :)

I would hope that games are bind on account in Steam, so if you have bought a copy its accessable to your account regardless if you run windows or Mac (as long its available in both systems). But only time will tell.

According to a swedish gamesite, it will be released dec 3rd in the nordic countries.

FZ (in swedish)

Eventhough I dont own a Apple, Im curious to know, if I buy a Steam copy for PC, if I will be able to get the Mac version direct, without buying a new copy. You never know if I would join the dark side one day ;)

So, that means the American Version will come out a little soon than that.

I don't know why, but Ive always thought there is some kind of connection between Apple's products and Storm Troopers :)

I would hope that games are bind on account in Steam, so if you have bought a copy its accessible to your account regardless if you run windows or Mac (as long its available in both systems). But only time will tell.
The other computer companies have tried to kill Apple repeatedly.

FZ (in swedish)

Sorry, Microsoft is the Dark Side. When you go Mac, you step into the light.

And re your question, the answer is "it depends."

Sorry, Microsoft is the Dark Side. When you go Mac, you step into the light.

And re your question, the answer is "it depends."

LOL,

Face it, Macs are for the 'trendy', posh, multi-options/widget, social networking type of people, Windows PC's are for gamers and those that want power and graphics

(Im use both so Im not biased- I tell it as I see it)

Moderator Action: A gentle friendly warning. In welcoming you all to this place, I did ask if we could suspend the platform wars.

Please focus on the technical and product issues involved with Civ5 for Mac, and take more general discussion of computer choices to the Colosseum->Computer Talk ... or to another forum.

Moderator Action: A less friendly warning as you ignored the previous one. This post was off topic and I have deleted it. General discussion of platform preferences doesn't belong here.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I'd like to know what a scandalous thing that Civ King might have said. Maybe he was trying to end exactly the silly platform back and forth boringness by saying something decisive:)?

Not scandalous, just continuing an off topic discussion that I had asked be terminated.

23nd November 2011 ? :crazyeye:

Joking :scan:

Top Bottom