[MOD] MagisterModmod

All those Hellfire tiles - by Agares, what have you let loose?

You are probably screwed, but i think there's definitiely a shot at making a lategame recovery. Remember to suicide lots of guys to feed the Mercurians.

Also, i can't recall ever seeing infernal cities named after other civ's cities. Is is particular to that map? Was quite a while ago i played it.

I don't think I'm that screwed, yet. I do have Chalid after all. If I die, it will be due to these absurdly lengthy AI turns. As for the named cities thing? I have no idea, its only happened on this scenario, maybe a bug from running it under magisters modmod? Maybe the AI is doing things it shouldn't...

Speaking of the scenarios, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement the random diplomacy from that one (Forgot the name) where Falamar is stuck in a competition for Perpentach's favor as a Custom Game option? 'Cause there's already "Always War" and "Always Peace" and such, so I figure "Random War" would make a nice addition for that extra bit of challenge.

What's the lore behind Braeden the Laconic he seems interesting to me. How come he can follow religions that arent the white hand?

We don't know a whole lot about him personally.

We do know that the Illian nation split in two after Mulcarn's demise. The greater part of them moved on and tried to live like ordinary humans. They maintained some peculiar customs (such as requiring such strict monogamy that one may only marry one's first love and may never divorce or remarry if widowed), but were not particularly devoted to Mulcarn anymore. Auric Ulvin grew up on the outskirts of one such Illian village, near the Ljosalfar border. The only temple there was devoted to Danalin.

The most devout of the Illians stayed close to Mulcarn himself in his palace that rose out of hell with Mount Mulyr. The greatest of them were frozen alive by Mulcarn, kept in Stasis so that they appeared to be mere statues but could be awakened to serve him whenever he wished. More of them died battling to defend their god. Their ghosts continued to linger in the area after the great palace collapsed into a ruin, unable to enter Mulcarn's hell without him and unwilling to pass into the vault of any other god. These are the Hollow Men.

Auric escaped his home along with 2 younger Illian children and a visiting elf, and found their way into the One Elf city of Barathrum within the Well of Shadows. Varn helped them escape from his brother Haerlond and his necromancer Waldrun. One of the children died in the escape. It is not exactly clear what happened next, but Auric continued to wander Erebus and have various adventures for several years before finding Letum Frigus and the Hollow Men. He was not the first outsider to find that ruin, but was the first to emerge alive since Mulcarn's passing. Others were killed by the cold or by the True Illians themselves. Auric proceeded, ignoring the cold, into the deepest and most sacred chambers which only Mulcarn had ever entered and which even the Hollow Men greatly feared. He returned to convince True Illians to worship him, and led them out to reunite the whole Illian nation.

Some of the Illians on the surface rallied to his call, but not everyone liked his plan. Braeden the Laconic was a leader among those who had come to accept that there was no God of Winter anymore, who required some convincing before they would follow a mortal seeking ascension.

I started a new game with the current version, again as Illians, and again Letum Frigus is on the other side of the world, and this time pretty much surrounded by jungle so my Hollow Men have to be left behind by their God. :lol:

Is it intentional that new cities now start with 2 population?
Yes. I find the wait for the first population growth too tedious, and don't like how size 1 new cities are automatically razed when captured.
I still think the Illians should only get a single food from Snow, not two.

The BUG options for showing how many cities and relative power ratio other civs have still don't work.

I considered changing it to one food and one hammers, but the city growth just seemed too slow before Agriculture or away from rivers.

I don't think I've touched BUG, so it is an issue for Tholal.

:lol:
I noticed the size 2 thing as well, seems to be happening with all cities.
Also when do you get a priest on founding a religion? Is it after you research priesthood?
You get a priest of your state religion once you research Priesthood. If you already know Priesthood when you finish researching a religion-founding tech, you get get a priest of that religion.

Personally, I'd say permanent. But I can definitely see the magic slowly return, maybe at half the original speed of its removal? The more "powerful"(lorewise) Unique Features should regain it first, as they would have the most magic centered around them. I agree with you on the Rites of Oghma.
Permanent would be the easiest option to code, and a slow return the hardest.

A slow return of mana from wonders would make it basically impossible to be sure that the code doesn't accidentally give back too much mana, especially with the complication of mana based on state religions. I think I pretty much have to make mana from buildings return instantly or not at all, and the latter option would strangely allow changing religions or moving your capital to grant mana. (I think just building a new palace would leave negative mana in the old capital to counter the positive mana in the new, but losing the city and having the palace automatically moved elsewhere would eliminate the malus.)

One way to handle a slow return of mana on the map would be to use a temp bonus timer, but to stop the mana from reverting while the Crucible is intact we'd have to check every tile of the map every turn and increment the timers. That could get really inefficient so long as the wonder exists, but would be very efficient once it is destroyed.

Another option would be to run some code every turn so long as the wonder has been built but does not currently exist. That would be less efficient when the wonder doesn't exist.
Maybe you could have whichever civ currently controlling the Crown of Akharien get a speed boost to completing the rites of Oghma.
It would be impossible to change the cost of the ritual, but python could be used to grant free promotion towards it. I don't particularly like the idea though.
Or maybe if you sacrifice it, twice the normal amount of mana appears in the next use of the Rites of Oghma. I'm not sure how difficult that'd be though
It would not be hard to add a spell which triggers the same Rites of Oghma effect or stronger. It would also be fairly easy to give the production a spell that grants free promotion to the ritual completion. I'm not keen on those ideas either though.

(By the way, did anyone notice that I made wearing the Crown of Akharien increase spellcaster xp gain and also double the odds that a unit with Govannon's Ethics will teach someone magic that turn?)
Would the Crucible remove the free mana from religions?
It does. Religious mana is treated the same as mana from any wonder.

First play through.

EMP on Erebus map with Illians.

Still feel like they are the strongest civ. Auric ascended turn 315. You did manage to slow me down with the temple adjustments.

BIGGEST change in the game for me so far was the power score adjustment for the Soldiers of Kilmorph. First time I can recall a neighbor grabbing that religion and not attacking me.
Yeah, not dealing with Khazad stacks of death is nice.

I have noticed Auric still seems quite strong. The AI Auric seems to be using his Hollow Men really effectively. In a game yesterday he seems to have rushed for the Tower of Necromancy, and the used highly promoted Hollow Men to cast Whiteout to become Hidden Nationality to soften up the defenders in rival cities before declaring war to actually conquer them. They usually declared nationality before I could counter attack. He eliminated my neighbor Capria, and then assassinated my newly trained Govannon and several Wizards before open turning against me.

I'm thinking of dialing back the Tower of Necromancy and Tower of the Elements bonuses somehow.

Maybe instead of 1 free promotion per type of associated mana type that you posess, it should grant the average of how many you have in all of those mana spheres. Negative mana from state religions would be factored in here too, bringing the average down.

That way you'd get only 1 free promotion if you have only one of each mana type, but could get a whole lot more if you wind up with 25 death mana or something.

I'd probably do the same for the, which would weaken Ice Elementals early in the game and therefore make the Priests of Winter less overwhelming.

I might also make the religious mana for The White Hand state religion reduce Fire as well as Nature mana supplies, although that could actually make Temples of the Hand better as the building causes penalties for those mana types.

So I've been binge playing the scenarios using magister, and I'm wondering how aggressive one needs to be in the Lord of the Balors scenario, because it is bogging down by turn 100 into ten minute AI turns, while the AC goes up and up very quickly. I'm not sure how I can win this if I die of old age before I can send an army up into hell on earth. Do I need to play this in vanilla to keep turn speed up?
I'd recommend using worldbuilder to cheat.

I'd also suggest playing as the Mercurians or Elohim and sending units out to sanctify as much as you can as quick as you can. Sanctifying would reduce the AC slightly, make unowned land impassible to Balors or the Demon Lord avatars themselves, and get rid of lairs that may spawn

In this scenario you have the normal spread of hell terrain, but it cannot pass the mountain range that shields the beachhead. There is also additional increases in the plot counters the further you go into the Fane. (The special spread of hell terrain is one of the main reasons this scenario runs so slowly.) Things that are sanctified will need to be sanctified again before long.

As the Elohim is it essential to found cities on the other side of the mountain range (preferably just in front of the passes) and construct Chancel's of the Guardians in cities connected to sources of Life mana so that the nearby land is sanctified automatically. That would prevent Helfire or Pits from existing or spawning demons near you.

Another thing to remember is that I changed the scenario from elimination to regicide. You do not have to conquer or raze every Infernal city or vanquish every demonic unit. You only need to assassinate the 7 demon lord units themselves. They are immortal, so you may need to kill them twice in a single turn and may have to lay siege to their capital in order to do so. Basium has an extra advantage here though. The Basium unit targets the Demon Lord units in stacks, and his Clava Vindex equipment promotion robs evil units of their immortality.

Note that you get more free units than usual for founding a religion in this scenario. The life mana from the Song of Autumn is nice, but the free Paramanders from the Runes are mcuh mroe useful than the Satyrs from the Leaves. Soldiers of Kilmorph, or units upgraded from them, won't help you pass through fallout but will let you bypass some mountain ranges that would otherwise form mazes.

If you are going to be dealing with such a high AC anyway, you might want to pursue the Runes of Kilmorph and get not only Paramanders but The Mithril Golem.
Early game diplomacy (i.e before currency) is extremely annoying with advanced tactics on. Even for establishing embassies the AI expects to get a tech or resource in return (unless they themselves propose a fair deal, which they do, but not that often). Once you do get currency they usually agree to take 15-20 gold/ 1-2 gpt for such deals, so it's not like the trade was one-sided enough to warrant giving them a tech.
Blame Tholal, not me.
Maybe the AI would do better as Auric if he didn't choose to beeline Samhain everytime :lol: Samhain should probably be coded to be lower on the AI's list and the white hand higher.
I already removed the code that used to push them towards completing that ritual before my last release.

I just noticed that this ritual has no prereqs at all except civilization type. That is probably the reason for the "beeline." The AI does not have to focus on researching any tech before starting it, but will begin at the start of the game once its immediate priories of city defense are met.

I could give the project more prereqs which would make it impossible to use it so early. What do you think would be appropriate? The Elementalism tech? The White Hand State religion?
:wow:
I've only played the scenarios on vanilla so I don't know about this. Looks like Tholals more aggressive AI goes a bit too far :lol: that scenario anyway had a lot of scope for Infernal unit spamming.

Yeah, check this ss out http://i.imgur.com/3vjvl9R.jpg

The AC hit 80 around turn 140 and so if you look at the minimap you see not only massive demon factions but on the main screen you see now those demon spawning hell portals or whatever everywhere as well. 10-20 minute ai turns. It's a slog, I dunno if I should restart, abandon, or go vanilla (ugh, ranged units without bombard, kill me now)
You could try loading it as a custom scenario on a different speed or difficulty level too. You could even use the Hallowed Ground option to remove the Armageddon Counter from the game entirely.

I believe this scenario was not available as a custom scenario in base FfH2, but is in Magister Modmod.

You are probably screwed, but i think there's definitiely a shot at making a lategame recovery. Remember to suicide lots of guys to feed the Mercurians.

Also, i can't recall ever seeing infernal cities named after other civ's cities. Is is particular to that map? Was quite a while ago i played it.
Whenever any civilization has completely exhausted its list of city names, it starts using names from other civs. Once every city name for every civ has been used it starts duplicating the names and adding "1, 2, 3, etc" to the end of them. This is normal Civ 4 behavior, but is not seen very often because the city name lists are fairly long. You are very unlikely to finish a list with only a single player from a given civ in the game, or if duplicate players emerge from puppet states or rebels who take over existing cities.

This scenario, however, starts with 7 players of the Infernal civ. They run through the list of Infernal city names fast.

I doubled the size of the Infernal city list, but obviously not enough.

(Other than adding more entries, the only change I made to city naming was some code that randomizes the order of city names used for newly founded cities excluding the capitals.)

I don't think I'm that screwed, yet. I do have Chalid after all. If I die, it will be due to these absurdly lengthy AI turns. As for the named cities thing? I have no idea, its only happened on this scenario, maybe a bug from running it under magisters modmod? Maybe the AI is doing things it shouldn't...

Speaking of the scenarios, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement the random diplomacy from that one (Forgot the name) where Falamar is stuck in a competition for Perpentach's favor as a Custom Game option? 'Cause there's already "Always War" and "Always Peace" and such, so I figure "Random War" would make a nice addition for that extra bit of challenge.

It is called The Momus.

Adding new game options requires changes to the DLL, which are Tholal's territory.

You could try using GAMEOPTION_WB_THE_MOMUS in a regular game. (It is a hidden option, but can still be turned on in worldbuilder.) It might give some unsuitable popups, mutate most units, prevent anyone but Perpentach from training settlers, and treat player #1 (the one who goes just after the human player, #0) differently than the rest, but I don't think it would cause any real python errors.

Yeah, check this ss out http://i.imgur.com/3vjvl9R.jpg

The AC hit 80 around turn 140 and so if you look at the minimap you see not only massive demon factions but on the main screen you see now those demon spawning hell portals or whatever everywhere as well. 10-20 minute ai turns. It's a slog, I dunno if I should restart, abandon, or go vanilla (ugh, ranged units without bombard, kill me now)

I think all the hellfires must be due to the changed infernal world spell. Casting Hellfire seven times is bound to screw things up like that :lol:

I considered changing it to one food and one hammers, but the city growth just seemed too slow before Agriculture or away from rivers.

That seems to be the entire problem here. Early game growth is too slow but it just explodes after getting temples of the hand. Maybe you could make the white hand ritual change ice tiles from 2:food: to 1:food: 1:hammers:

(By the way, did anyone notice that I made wearing the Crown of Akharien increase spellcaster xp gain and also double the odds that a unit with Govannon's Ethics will teach someone magic that turn?)

That's good, always felt that I never had enough of an incentive to take the crown (+100% rpt is too god :D). You could also give a free twincast to the taker.

I already removed the code that used to push them towards completing that ritual before my last release.

I just noticed that this ritual has no prereqs at all except civilization type. That is probably the reason for the "beeline." The AI does not have to focus on researching any tech before starting it, but will begin at the start of the game once its immediate priories of city defense are met.

I could give the project more prereqs which would make it impossible to use it so early. What do you think would be appropriate? The Elementalism tech? The White Hand State religion?

The White Hand state religion would be good, that way Samhain won't distract them from the more important ritual.
Also, speaking of rituals, I've noticed that the White Hand can be made by any civilization. Wouldn't it be better to restrict it to the Illians and the Doviello?

I think all the hellfires must be due to the changed infernal world spell. Casting Hellfire seven times is bound to screw things up like that :lol:
It is probably a combination of that and the Hellfire Armageddon event.

That seems to be the entire problem here. Early game growth is too slow but it just explodes after getting temples of the hand. Maybe you could make the white hand ritual change ice tiles from 2:food: to 1:food: 1:hammers:
I cannot make buildings change yields for specific terrains, only for riverside or water tiles.

I could use python to change a specific plot's yields for everyone, but keeping track of those changes would get really messy.

It would be easy and appropriate to make Blizzards reduce a tile's food yields. Blizzards do tend to pop up after you convert to The Hand state religion.

I already have Glaciers, the hellish version of Snow, provide the Illians 1:food: 1:hammers:
That's good, always felt that I never had enough of an incentive to take the crown (+100% rpt is too god :D). You could also give a free twincast to the taker.

I don't see much of a connection to twincasting. I don't like it granting a specific otherwise inaccessible promotion to whoever takes it, encouraging you to pass it around.

One thing that would fit well thematically though and is very simple to code is allowing the unit free upgrades. The wearer could go from an adept to archmage or warrior to phalanx without spending any gold.

The Laeran Cord is not exclusively devoted to magic, but to learning and teaching knowledge of all sorts. Even mundane skills of physical combat could be learned faster with their aid. Embarr seems more closely associated with technology than sorcery.
The White Hand state religion would be good, that way Samhain won't distract them from the more important ritual.
I'm thinking it might be better to make the White Hand ritual itself the prereq, because there is an xml tag to handle that. (The tag does not require that player to have completed the ritual, only that someone somewhere has done so.) That code would be more efficient than a python block, the pedia would automatically update to explain it to human players, and the AI would understand it better. I believe having it as a prereq would also make the AI prioritize completing The White Hand ritual itself sooner.

Also, speaking of rituals, I've noticed that the White Hand can be made by any civilization. Wouldn't it be better to restrict it to the Illians and the Doviello?

I already restrict The White Hand to the Illians and Doviello as far as AI players go, but like letting humans like myself use it whenever they wish.

I cannot make buildings change yields for specific terrains, only for riverside or water tiles.

I could use python to change a specific plot's yields for everyone, but keeping track of those changes would get really messy.

It would be easy and appropriate to make Blizzards reduce a tile's food yields. Blizzards do tend to pop up after you convert to The Hand state religion.

I already have Glaciers, the hellish version of Snow, provide the Illians 1:food: 1:hammers:

Yeah, -1:food: with a blizzard would be a good idea. Although blizzards can be led away fairly easily (it does get cumbersome though, especially if most of your empire is covered in them).

I don't see much of a connection to twincasting. I don't like it granting a specific otherwise inaccessible promotion to whoever takes it, encouraging you to pass it around.

One thing that would fit well thematically though and is very simple to code is allowing the unit free upgrades. The wearer could go from an adept to archmage or warrior to phalanx without spending any gold.

The Laeran Cord is not exclusively devoted to magic, but to learning and teaching knowledge of all sorts. Even mundane skills of physical combat could be learned faster with their aid. Embarr seems more closely associated with technology than sorcery.

It doesn't have to be a promotion.. can't it be tied to the item itself? Like the immune to magic bonus.
And free upgrades does sound better, though my suggestion was purely fromt he gameplay pov, to encourage it being picked up more often.

I'm thinking it might be better to make the White Hand ritual itself the prereq, because there is an xml tag to handle that. (The tag does not require that player to have completed the ritual, only that someone somewhere has done so.) That code would be more efficient than a python block, the pedia would automatically update to explain it to human players, and the AI would understand it better. I believe having it as a prereq would also make the AI prioritize completing The White Hand ritual itself sooner.

I already restrict The White Hand to the Illians and Doviello as far as AI players go, but like letting humans like myself use it whenever they wish.

That sounds like a great idea.
What incentive would you have to complete it as a non Doviello/Illian civ? Just for the priests?

By the way, automatic terraforming doesn't work for me, at least when it comes to Life spell - i was hit pretty bad by the AC counter, and tried to promote an adept to Life I to run around and cleanse the place - but they just reset, as though their job was complete. I was playing as the Illians - could it be related to some peculiarity of ice/glacier effect?

On an entirely unrelated note, i noticed there's "fallout" on Burning Sands tiles. I thought it was just fire - is there any way of putting it out?

It doesn't have to be a promotion.. can't it be tied to the item itself? Like the immune to magic bonus.
And free upgrades does sound better, though my suggestion was purely fromt he gameplay pov, to encourage it being picked up more often.
The promotion itself could duplicate the twincast effect, but the abilities would not stack. That could confuse someone.
That sounds like a great idea.
What incentive would you have to complete it as a non Doviello/Illian civ? Just for the priests?
You could use it to force a permanent alliance between you and Auric, even if Auric was currently your worst enemy.

You could also just use the ritual to get a free source of Ice mana to put towards building the Tower of the Elements.

By the way, automatic terraforming doesn't work for me, at least when it comes to Life spell - i was hit pretty bad by the AC counter, and tried to promote an adept to Life I to run around and cleanse the place - but they just reset, as though their job was complete. I was playing as the Illians - could it be related to some peculiarity of ice/glacier effect?

On an entirely unrelated note, i noticed there's "fallout" on Burning Sands tiles. I thought it was just fire - is there any way of putting it out?

I don't really use autocasting much an don't know a whole lot about it. It does look like the code under if pUnit.getUnitAIType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITAI_TERRAFORMER'): in in def AI_MageTurn(self, argsList) should push units towards using Sanctify, as well as various other spells.

Does the adept in question have the right unitAI?

Fallout cannot be removed. It is used for forcing you to take certain routes.

Does the adept in question have the right unitAI?

Fallout cannot be removed. It is used for forcing you to take certain routes.

Crud. I was hoping i had just the perfect spot for a city in Lord of the Balors, but i suppose i'll have to manage. At least it functions as a buffer for the enemy too.

As for the adept, i have no idea. It was a regular adept, trained as usual, with the only free promotion being Ice I if i recall right. I can't see any reason off-hand why it would have th wrong unitAI, though i am afraid i can't double-check as the save was from the pre-Crucible patch.

I hope I am not being very blind, I am new to this mod so learning all the changes from the vanilla Foh2 to I could well have missed some things as I brush up.

I tend to play as calabim or used to, it has been a while. But for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out how to produce vampires. There is a man of war unit with a vampiric look (was that the old vampire unit?) but they are just named man of war, not vampire and lack any vampiric state.

Is there some mechanic that enables this? (I tried looking in the civilopedia) Or is it just a bug of sorts?

This modmod does not have a unit called the Vampire, only the Vampire promotion.

I found that it was overpowering to allow unlimited numbers of regular Vampires, especially that early in the game, as Vampirism itself is much stronger in my modmod.

Vampirism comes with free spell spheres in the Body, Death, Mind, and Shadow spheres based on the appropriate mana, and allows the purchase of such promotions plus Extension 1 & 2 later based on xp. It also grants Arcane, Summoner, or Sundered promotions free if your leaders has the right trait. If a vampiric unit razes a city, it automatically feasts on all of the population first. When a Vampire Feeds it not only is healed of damage but regains the ability to attack again during the same turn. If it feeds on a Bloodpet it also restores it base moves and its ability to cast spells and takes some of that Bloodpet's xp for itself. Feeding and Feasting don't interfere with the unit's ability to cast other spells the same turn. The xp gained from Feasting is immediately available for purchasing promotions, not requiring you to wait a turn to level up. Feasting has a chance to remove the troublesome Empyrean religion from your cities.

Moroi have the ability to gain Vampirism at level 4 in a city with a Governors' Manor or in a stack with another Vampiric unit. Other units may gain it at level 6. Either way requires the Feudalism technology.

There are still 4 units in the game that start with Vampirism, but they aren't unlimited units like the old Champion UU. They are: Losha Valas (the Calabim Hero, who in this modmod has Assassin abilities and can become Aeron's chosen), Vampire Lords (The Immortal UU), Brujahs (the Berserker UU), and the new Brood Guards (the Royal Guard UU).

Interesting! thank you for the response. At least I know it inst just me going nuts. I did used to use the vamps to keep populations "happy" but guess I can do that with the other units still, and replay the vampire looking man at arms as some kind of ghoul like from the vampire masquerade games, bloodlines of vampire servants empowered by blood and bred to make bloodlines. The new mechanics will take a bit of getting used to but certainly looks interesting definitely with one the offensive. :)

Oh so if you make it Auric instantly signs a PA with you?

Not exactly.

If someone other than Auric completes The White Hand ritual, and if the game option allowing Permanent Alliances is active, then it triggers and event in which Auric offers that player a Permanent Alliance. The player however is free to accept or refuse the offer.

Even without the event, the ritual makes peace with Auric, gives him a +7 diplomatic bonus towards the player, grants an embassy, open borders, a defensive pact, makes the two teams share visibility for a turn, and makes Auric prepare for war with anyone with whom the player is either preparing for war or already at war. (That last part is new to the latest release, as Tholal just exposed the code relating to war plans. Making Auric plan for war means he may have some time to build up more forces and position them before actually declaring.)

What happens if the ritual is completed by a non-Illian, so that Auric/Illian civ and Letum Frigus aren't on the map at all? Like in a scenario or similar?

If Auric is not in the game, completing the White Hand will make him enter it. If Letum Frigus is not in the game, it may make that feature appear near the city. If there is nowhere for it to go, then the units just appear in the city that completed the ritual.

The bug where yield modifiers aren't correctly applied is still around, in Sopor I get -10% to all three yields even though I have four ice mana and neither nature nor fire mana, but all other cities seem to be fine.

Attachments

• Knoedelmagistermod.CivBeyondSwordSave
    330 KB · Views: 58
Hey guys wonder if I could get a bit of advice.

While I love all the other modmods, (RIFE, MOM etc) I find that the ai seems to really struggle with all the changes, and even on deity its very poor. Because this mod is closer to base ffh I find that this is less of a problem.

However, because I love the Calabim, and like the idea that vampires gain power over time (ie very old vampire=very powerful vampire), I really like the true blood modmodmod from MOM. Basically, there is a series of promotions that are given for free, after a certain amount of turns have passed, progressively make the unit stronger (as apposed to the normal promotion/experience mechanic)

Examining both the MOM unit schema, and the RIFE unit schema there are tags which can accommodate the above mechanic. Looking through the schema for this mod I cannot seem to find a way to replicate the mod.

I need a way to grant a free promotion, from another promotion (in this case vampirism), to form a chain of promotions ie:

vamp->true blood I->true blood II-> etc.

I also need a way to control some of the aspects of the progression, ie level requirement, random chance etc.

I have noticed that the tag <PromotionRandomApply> exists, which could work, but I cannot see where I can control the chance of this happening. Also when I used this tag in my tests, the promotion was given, but it ignore the level requirement.

So, for example I have the vampire promotion randomly apply true blood I, and set true blood I as requiring level 8 (two levels after vamp is available) but the randomly applied seems to ignore the level requirement.

Any help or ideas for this would be greatly appreciated.

Question: Is there a source of Creation mana that I am missing? It is the one mana type that you cannot just build a node for, and I have played a couple of games and not found a source.

Top Bottom