[MOD] MagisterModmod

There are none of the above mentioned mods in the Magister's mod (based on my 500+ hours of playing for different factions). You could try to put a mod to improve the look of the cities, but most likely it will break the game because there are a number of buildings removed/changed/transferred in the cities of certain factions (for example: Arena Balsefar is now a sacred building of Kamulas religion, Sons of Discord).

I personally have a mod to add music themes for almost every new religion in the mod from Magister. If you need it I will update it for you. You may not like the music themes from it, and for some religions there are no themes at all. If you install and try it, I'm ready to hear your opinion on it.

P.s. I wouldn't mind seeing the modifications you listed in the game, but most likely the Magister doesn't have a lot of time to add and adapt them. If someone adapts them to the mod from the Magister and ask Him to add them, most likely he will agree.
Thank you for letting me know. It is quite disappointing, as I love to play with as much flavour as possible and this ModMod appears to be the one that includes most of the original lore...

Appreciate the link for the music pack - I will download this and let you know my thoughts 😁

Thank you for letting me know. It is quite disappointing, as I love to play with as much flavour as possible and this ModMod appears to be the one that includes most of the original lore...

Appreciate the link for the music pack - I will download this and let you know my thoughts 😁
don't rush to install my mod now. At a minimum, the inscriptions will not work correctly. and at the very least the game will break. in 8 hours I will calmly post a new version (it is ready/tested, but not posted).

Also in the new version corrected a bug with disappearance of buildings on the global map when adopting new religions.

Does anybody know if you can change the unit stacking order? Right now it is based on unit attack power(I think), and I want to change it to "vanilla" where the units in the stack are in order by unit type.

Does anybody know if you can change the unit stacking order? Right now it is based on unit attack power(I think), and I want to change it to "vanilla" where the units in the stack are in order by unit type.
Afaik there is no in-game option to change that.

Has anyone played through the scenarios on this modmod? It'd be nice to play through them with more flavour, but are the connected in the sense of bonus transfers? (I.e., if I team with Beeri in the Momus will I be awarded his units in the Black Tower?)

I believe most of them don't work, unless this has been fixed in the most recent patch.

I lost my harddrive with Civ recently so i can't check, but many of them do work. I recall all leaders being unlocked on Black Tower for example.

Some scenarios, like Bourne the Gleaming, unfortunately do not work at all.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
What do you think about these 7 Masks of the Coven of the Black Candle?
I think I found a gamebreaking bug related to these masks.

Short version: unequipped masks stationed in cities will cause the game to freeze when allied AI players unsuccessfully try to get to them.

Long version: It looks like the newer version of this modmod is more streamlined than the previous ones because I finally (finally!) after many years of trying managed to finish a game with it. But towards the end I did run into the "waiting on other civs" bug which I managed to fix in worldbuilder after a lot of trial and error.

What was happening was that I had the Svartalfar as my vassals and one of their cities contained the Mask of Faeryl Viconia. I noticed that it was impossible for any one of my units to enter that city by any means, and presumably the same was true for the AI, but this didn't stop my other vassals from trying to get to it with anything they had. I also had an enraged (and thus AI controlled) unit nearby and it too was trying to attack that city but got stuck next to it and unable to complete its move. I could of course override this by ending my turn, but the AI players were not so smart so as soon as one of their units noticed the mask it was game over unless I nuked the offending unit in worldbuilder.
When checking the logs the final line was always an endless repetition of this:
Stack 319520 (led by Angel (278560), size 1) attacking plot 22|9
Stack 319520 (led by Angel (278560), size 1) starting AI_attackMove

(the plot 22/9 is one square to the north of the Svartalfar city.) The AI units were trying to attack the city but kept getting stuck on its outskirts because they could not enter it.
When I deleted the mask in worldbuilder all this behaviour stopped and I was able to play normally to the end.

Another observation is that the Svartalfar themselves never made any move to equip the mask on one of their units, but maintained a huge garrison in that city which itself dispersed when the mask was gone.

On the other hand I was able to capture the mask of Kylorin from the Amurites while at war with them and equip it on one of my units, and it worked fine and did not trigger any bugs

IMO the masks aren't a very good addition to the game. From my experience nothing good ever comes from AI controlled HN units. They may be fun to use for a human player but this game doesn't really need yet another exploit.

I wanted to sketch the High Priest of the Aeron cult. How do you like it?

Attachments

• LBhmAEQsx5g.jpg
    LBhmAEQsx5g.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 16
Dear Magister, just a humble request - may you do a favor and make an installer that already has original FFH2 in it please?I mean MMM as standalone folder copy-paste and play

Hello! Does anybody here has an old version, before an introduction of new religions (preferably with spell affinities)? Could you share, please?

I had something like that, but it suddenly started crashing at some random point, so maybe there is an alternative?

Thanks for the great mod, just wanted to send a kind of bug report if you ever get the time to look into it. I'm linking a save the turn before it happens.
My great sage won't do great person things but can summon spectres and skeletons somehow. There's a lot of content that I'm not familiar with yet so maybe I'm just missing something, but that seems like a bug?
He spawned with many weird promotions but cannot do typical GP actions such has add to a city or even moving. He seems to be locked in place every next turn.
A great sage had already spawned in this city before and bulbed knowledge of the ether without any issue. Game was very vanilla-like before that, only atypical thing was an event that gave me an early mobius (as Sheiam) which I used divide with soul to scout my continent.
My custom game start settings have everything disabled excepted for no brokering and multiple production.

Also, not really a bug I guess but I'm noticing that animals seem almost completely gone from my games, I saw one spider once but nothing else, even when the maps are big with only a few civs. The Wildlands game settings was enabled by default and I unchecked it, maybe this is a normal feature? I'm used to getting a much bugger zoo in ffh.

Edit: I think my GP issue may be related to chaos mana giving a small chance for units to spawn mutated.

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0128.CivBeyondSwordSave
    256 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I've been playing the latest build and having fun, the religions feel a lot more fleshed out now. Also had quite good stability, finished three games, two Quick, one Standard. The AI does seem to struggle a lot, only building Warrior stacks and often never researching basics like crafting, but thats more of a base ffh issue. That being said, Monk stacks by elohim, archers in elves, and hippus horses and the classic Soldiers of Kilmorph doomstack by the dwarves were also about.

Love the flavour of Sanguine pool and the clerics starting enraged, and Laeran Cord has been cool. Its still quite difficult to understand what does what sometimes, where the civpedia fails. Like, the Church of the One religion (forgot the name), was completely unaware it was founded by Arcane Lore as Grigori.

Some of the nerfs have winced me, but were justified, moving Fertility to Life as opposed to the broken Creation I, II, III was very good. The pixie is a bit of a good T2 summon, but it hurts me physically having to summon it every turn to hurry production, after i have done all the improvements I needed.

Thanks for the great mod, just wanted to send a kind of bug report if you ever get the time to look into it. I'm linking a save the turn before it happens.
My great sage won't do great person things but can summon spectres and skeletons somehow. There's a lot of content that I'm not familiar with yet so maybe I'm just missing something, but that seems like a bug?
He spawned with many weird promotions but cannot do typical GP actions such has add to a city or even moving. He seems to be locked in place every next turn.
A great sage had already spawned in this city before and bulbed knowledge of the ether without any issue. Game was very vanilla-like before that, only atypical thing was an event that gave me an early mobius (as Sheiam) which I used divide with soul to scout my continent.
My custom game start settings have everything disabled excepted for no brokering and multiple production.

Also, not really a bug I guess but I'm noticing that animals seem almost completely gone from my games, I saw one spider once but nothing else, even when the maps are big with only a few civs. The Wildlands game settings was enabled by default and I unchecked it, maybe this is a normal feature? I'm used to getting a much bugger zoo in ffh.

Edit: I think my GP issue may be related to chaos mana giving a small chance for units to spawn mutated.
Great people (Sages and Prophets mostly) are now named predetermined Great People, who act like non-combat Arcane/Spiritual units with certain promotions, for instance, Tya Kiri is a Great Sage who spawns with the spellstaff promotion, a reference to her lore entry iirc, and with the Dimensional affinity. Yours probably had death affinity. However, they should still have the options available to normal GP actions.

Actually, reading your description, I think one of them has the Blind promotion, which basically stops all movement, and i guess the add to city/build academy options are counted as "movement". I think it wears off after a few turns. It could also be that chaos mana causing units to spawn mutated too.

Dear Magister, just a humble request - may you do a favor and make an installer that already has original FFH2 in it please?I mean MMM as standalone folder copy-paste and play
Sadly not really possible, its unfair to Kael who made the original ffh to bundle them together.

Hello! Love the mod I play it a lot. My game crashes on Turn End, please take a look if you could. Thanks!

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0084.CivBeyondSwordSave
    251.9 KB · Views: 3
How does the Altar of the Luonnotar work now? It seems like some stages can be built by Luonnotar, while others require a Great Prophet, and I'm just left confused at this point. Is there some unstated minimum level requirement for the unit or something?

Edit: Also, another comment on the Children of the One: the monotheist meetinghouse seems, erm, somewhat overtuned. On top of a huge happiness bonus from mana, each one gives +1 happiness in every city. That's something you normally only get from wonders. Put a few meetinghouses down in random cities and you'll never need to worry about happiness again.

Last edited:
How does the Altar of the Luonnotar work now? It seems like some stages can be built by Luonnotar, while others require a Great Prophet, and I'm just left confused at this point. Is there some unstated minimum level requirement for the unit or something?

Edit: Also, another comment on the Children of the One: the monotheist meetinghouse seems, erm, somewhat overtuned. On top of a huge happiness bonus from mana, each one gives +1 happiness in every city. That's something you normally only get from wonders. Put a few meetinghouses down in random cities and you'll never need to worry about happiness again.
There is; it's unfortunately a little bit obfuscated by only being visible as a spell when inspecting each Altar step in the pedia, and stage 2-7 can only be seen by first clicking on stage 1. (Presumably they are kept hidden to avoid cluttering the building and spell pedia lists).

The first Altar doesn't require anything, only a Great Priest or Luonnatar be sacrificed.

Stage 2-6 require you sacrifice a Great Priest or Luonnatar of a minimum level; the requirement rises for each step 3/5/7/9/15. Stage 5 also warns you the AI may declare war, which they'll indeed most likely do against you at this point.

Stage 7 requires no sacrifice, but you must have no state religion in order to begin building it.

Each stage after the first also requires a prerequisite tech, going up the religious branch of Mysticism up to Righteousness before requiring Omniscience for stage 7.

I seem to recall that there was an alignment limitation to the altars previously, but i don't see it in the civilopedia. It might've been removed in favour of how the current system works.

Quick question about Disciple unit spawns.

I'm playing as Amurites and since the early game I've had Disciple units spawn seemingly randomly throughout my cities quite frequently, owned by me. Also occasionally when I Explore a Lair, but mostly the seem to appear out of nowhere from time to time.

That's how I founded my first religion (Brotherhood of Wardens), a Disciple spawned in one my my cities, so I used him to Found the religion, spread it and eventually build the Holy Site.

Since then I've had Disciples of various religions spawn in decent numbers and I'm not sure if this is a core mechanic, or whether some effect is taking place. I can't find an explanation.

Most of these Disciples that spawn for me are not even of a religion that exists in any of my cities. I've had Foxmen, Empyrean, Council of Esus, Ember Legion etc. Disciples all spawn randomly despite those religions being entirely missing in my Civ.

I don't know if this is meant to serve as encouragement to spread these religions or whatever, but some would result in negative effects so I've just been using these Disciples as combat support units.

Can anyone clarify if this is supposed to be happening?

I have
Quick question about Disciple unit spawns.

I'm playing as Amurites and since the early game I've had Disciple units spawn seemingly randomly throughout my cities quite frequently, owned by me. Also occasionally when I Explore a Lair, but mostly the seem to appear out of nowhere from time to time.

That's how I founded my first religion (Brotherhood of Wardens), a Disciple spawned in one my my cities, so I used him to Found the religion, spread it and eventually build the Holy Site.

Since then I've had Disciples of various religions spawn in decent numbers and I'm not sure if this is a core mechanic, or whether some effect is taking place. I can't find an explanation.

Most of these Disciples that spawn for me are not even of a religion that exists in any of my cities. I've had Foxmen, Empyrean, Council of Esus, Ember Legion etc. Disciples all spawn randomly despite those religions being entirely missing in my Civ.

I don't know if this is meant to serve as encouragement to spread these religions or whatever, but some would result in negative effects so I've just been using these Disciples as combat support units.

Can anyone clarify if this is supposed to be happening?

I have never experienced and kind of random spawning of Disciples like you described.

What does happen is that some Explore Lair results can indeed spawn a Disciple of a random religion. Also the 1st time you research a Technology that "discovers" a religion, it gives you 1 or 2 diisciples of that religion.

As Guru said, tech and Explore Lair can give you them, and even then only the vanilla big 7 have techs that give you those.

I haven't encountered them spawning like that either. If you save before it happens, does it consistently repeat at the same time? Perhaps its a bug caused by something another civ is doing.

Perhaps there is a bug in the Explore Lair always giving a spawned disciple to the player?

I have

I have never experienced and kind of random spawning of Disciples like you described.

What does happen is that some Explore Lair results can indeed spawn a Disciple of a random religion. Also the 1st time you research a Technology that "discovers" a religion, it gives you 1 or 2 diisciples of that religion.

Yeah, it's odd.

I do get them occasionally from Explore Lair, which is fine. I have also gotten a few from researching a tech first, but what I am experiencing is something else. They appear directly in my cities, without the parent religion necessarily being present and without a tech granting that religion being completed.

I have seen that some buildings will provide a disciple, but it doesn't seem to be that either.

It's not ruining my game or anything, I'm just getting what seems to be a free disciple every now and then.

I have More Events, Puppet States and Revolutions enabled, but I doubt its related to these options.

I'll have to start a new game and see if it happens.

As Guru said, tech and Explore Lair can give you them, and even then only the vanilla big 7 have techs that give you those.

I haven't encountered them spawning like that either. If you save before it happens, does it consistently repeat at the same time? Perhaps its a bug caused by something another civ is doing.

Perhaps there is a bug in the Explore Lair always giving a spawned disciple to the player?

I'll test it next time it happens by reloading. I generally save before I end every turn anyway.

I do have Random Seeds enabled though so I might have to start a new game to test reliably.

Top Bottom