[MOD] MagisterModmod

I'm still getting WoC crashes. Whenever the game gets interesting. And killing the last unit to move doesn't help me at all :dunno:

I backed up several turns and got past the WoC crash. But there's a different issue I know a lot of people have mentioned. And that is all of Basium's angels remaining in the city they were created in. The Basium unit has been running around and getting killed over and over again. But there's 180+ angels in the city where the Mercurian Gate was created, and they've never moved. Which is both way too many angels, and a waste of having them in the game at all. Can anything be done about this?

I've added a couple new unique features to Nikis-Knight's map and I want to add guardians to the Palus and Bair of Lacuna since they are explorable. what do you think would be fitting? I was thinking about a golem for the palus and a mobius witch for the bair, but I have no idea about what promotions to start them with. the other guardians on the map have quite a few.

I backed up several turns and got past the WoC crash. But there's a different issue I know a lot of people have mentioned. And that is all of Basium's angels remaining in the city they were created in. The Basium unit has been running around and getting killed over and over again. But there's 180+ angels in the city where the Mercurian Gate was created, and they've never moved. Which is both way too many angels, and a waste of having them in the game at all. Can anything be done about this?

Does Basium own that city, and is he at war with his neighbors?

I have released another update, to include Platyping's latest update.

(I could not however include this changes that allow saving Barbarian player data without an MNAI, probably BUG, incompatibility preventing any scenarios from loading properly.)

You may download the installer here or the archive here.

-----

What should the Balseraph immortal look like? Its bugging me that it uses the placeholder immortal art.

Well, what we have here is a clown that will never die. A name springs to mind.
I am not much of a graphics modder. I can handle minor reskins of existing units, but making a new model for a unit like that is beyond me.

[to_xp]Gekko;13270451 said:
I've added a couple new unique features to Nikis-Knight's map and I want to add guardians to the Palus and Bair of Lacuna since they are explorable. what do you think would be fitting? I was thinking about a golem for the palus and a mobius witch for the bair, but I have no idea about what promotions to start them with. the other guardians on the map have quite a few.
If the Palus is guarded by anything, it should definitely be some sort of golem. I was thinking that Kylorin used Magic Resistant Iron Golems to keep Perpentach a prisoner, but I can't find a reference to anything so specific. A Nullstone Golem might be the best guard against such a powerful archmage. I think I'd give it Perfect Sight and Guardsman as well as Magic Resistant/Magic Immune.

I'd have the Bair of Lacuna guarded by a Mobius Witch with Spell Extension, Dimensional, Chaos, and Entropy spell spheres. Or possibly a Colubra.

I'm still getting WoC crashes. Whenever the game gets interesting. And killing the last unit to move doesn't help me at all :dunno:

Do you have logs for this?

What game options were you using?

I think that Revolutions or Puppet States can sometimes cause such problems too, but I'm no expert on those features.

Does Basium own that city, and is he at war with his neighbors?
No. It's the Banor capital city. Which may be part of the problem. But there were many long wars while those guys sat tight.
In an attempt to prevent this from happening, I decided to block AI players that have multiple cities from building the Mercurian Gate in their capital city. I also decided to allow Angels to move through rival territory, so the army does not get stranded.

Later I'll look into other solutions, such as initializing the angels with different unitAIs. I'm thinking that the main issue if the overall player IA though, which Tholal would handle better than I.

thanks :) for the time being I've used a wood golem and a mobius witch.

I used the azer on the pyre of the seraphic as a template for the golem. I used a wood golem since it has the same strength as the azer. it was supposed to have channeling 2, fire 2, combat1 , sentry2 but that would affect the nearby balseraphs too much so I dropped fire2 and channeling2 for perfect sight and empower2. I might add magic resistant or immunity, I agree it seems very fitting.

for the mobius witch I have used the imp on bradeline's well as a template, it has stigmata, stoneskin, rust, mutation and enchanted blade. I also had to make her a demon since without a racial promo she would automatically get orcish and be eligible for For the horde! the only fitting spell from dimensional seems to be labyrinth, is that from your mod? I'm not sure how it works, never used it yet and I think it's buggy in extramodmod at the moment.

-----
I am not much of a graphics modder. I can handle minor reskins of existing units, but making a new model for a unit like that is beyond me.

Nuts, perhaps I will try to learn to skin a new model for the balseraph immortal unit myself. I cant say it will be any good though.

Does the lore have any details regarding that unit? If not I will just try and make something that looks like sweet tooth from twisted metal, or something to that regard.

FWIW, this myflare site is complete garbage. It would probably be worth uploading to gamefront, moddb or any of the dozens of free, more mainstream hosts at some point. In fact, the file size is small enough that you could probably have a direct download from civfanatics?

Also, it is a complete disaster trying to install this mod to a steam copy of Civ IV. Some instructions or a steam installer with the proper targets would be awesome!

Thanks for your work, I really enjoy the gameplay improvements you've made.

FWIW, this myflare site is complete garbage. It would probably be worth uploading to gamefront, moddb or any of the dozens of free, more mainstream hosts at some point. In fact, the file size is small enough that you could probably have a direct download from civfanatics?

Also, it is a complete disaster trying to install this mod to a steam copy of Civ IV. Some instructions or a steam installer with the proper targets would be awesome!

Thanks for your work, I really enjoy the gameplay improvements you've made.

Funny that you say that, I own the steam copy of Civ 4, but I had to install a non steam version of Civ 4 to use this mod.

Strange - this is one of the mods I can install and run with no problem. Especially with the latest steam update, several mods have had issues.

Do you have logs for this?

What game options were you using?

I think that Revolutions or Puppet States can sometimes cause such problems too, but I'm no expert on those features.

I don't have a log for that time anymore, because I got past it by backing up. So the log got overwritten. I looked at all the logs, and couldn't figure out what unit it was. I deleted the last unit to move, but that didn't work.

I have the graphics options set to minimum. Because for some reason, even though the computer is new, it's not playing anything higher well at all. The game options include puppet states, but not revolutions. :dunno:

I'm having a strange problem with the AI refusing to expand and build new cities.

I'm playing on the latest version (with some minor xml tweaks), advanced start "classical era" on Monarch with Increasing Difficulty option. After a few decades in-game, I noticed the other civs were severely falling behind in number of cities, and they didn't seem to be building new ones after turn 1. The Svartalfar and Hippus especially have lots of room to expand (see 1st attachment), and they haven't been at war with anyone in the game (so that can't be it). The other civs are slightly more crowded together and have been warring against each other, but they too have plenty of options for new city locales if they chose.

I tried gifting settlers to each of the AI via the worldbuilder, but they just keep them sitting in their cities (see 2nd and 3rd attachments). One of the Svartalfar cities also has a peculiar number of workers sitting around (3rd attachment). Forcing all the civs into peace with one another also seemed to have no effect on their desire to expand.

I'm also attaching my save file.

Attachments

• FFH3.jpg
    FFH3.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 117
  • FFH1.jpg
    FFH1.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 103
  • FFH4.jpg
    FFH4.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 76
  • Sabathiel AD-0157B.CivBeyondSwordSave
    208.8 KB · Views: 82
I'm having a strange problem with the AI refusing to expand and build new cities.

I'm playing on the latest version (with some minor xml tweaks), advanced start "classical era" on Monarch with Increasing Difficulty option. After a few decades in-game, I noticed the other civs were severely falling behind in number of cities, and they didn't seem to be building new ones after turn 1. The Svartalfar and Hippus especially have lots of room to expand (see 1st attachment), and they haven't been at war with anyone in the game (so that can't be it). The other civs are slightly more crowded together and have been warring against each other, but they too have plenty of options for new city locales if they chose.

I tried gifting settlers to each of the AI via the worldbuilder, but they just keep them sitting in their cities (see 2nd and 3rd attachments). One of the Svartalfar cities also has a peculiar number of workers sitting around (3rd attachment). Forcing all the civs into peace with one another also seemed to have no effect on their desire to expand.

I'm also attaching my save file.

Now that you mention it, I have also had this problem in previous games with some AI's. In a normal game, an AI just stops expanding and falls behind in tech and power, and is eventually killed. I've seen Os-Gabella do it twice or thrice.

Now that you mention it, I have also had this problem in previous games with some AI's. In a normal game, an AI just stops expanding and falls behind in tech and power, and is eventually killed. I've seen Os-Gabella do it twice or thrice.

It only seems to happen occasionally. I checked back to the beginning of the game, and only one city was founded by AI the entire game. All the civilizations somehow got locked up pretty early on.

I just started a new game without advanced start, and this problem doesn't seem to exist at all (so far). In fact, the Svartalfar expanded strongly early on and completely conquered the Hippus, and I'm now contending with endless armies of a massive dark elf empire....

Chrome blocking the latest update.

Disregard this, Chrome now allowed me. It was something to do with publisher reputation, not a virus.

It only seems to happen occasionally. I checked back to the beginning of the game, and only one city was founded by AI the entire game. All the civilizations somehow got locked up pretty early on.

Same here. Used to happen randomly, and without any reason.

Just out of curiosity, what are the future planned changes? The game is awesome so far and is really the only even somewhat balanced FFH2 modmod (well besides the More Naval AI one).

Just out of curiosity, what are the future planned changes? The game is awesome so far and is really the only even somewhat balanced FFH2 modmod (well besides the More Naval AI one).

Are you being serious? Not knocking on Magister, he isn't trying for balance, but his mod most certainly is not balanced.

Top Bottom