MAJOR .DLL and DX 9.0c problem. Not sure what to do.

KenM

Chieftain
I'm getting "A Cabinet File Necessary for Installtion Cannot be trusted message when Civ 4 tryed and installed Direct X 9c. But I already have DX 9c. Then when I try to load the game I get "a D3DX9_26.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" And the game won't run. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, but I get the same thing. Can anyone help?? I read in another thread that you should uninstall old version of DX 9 before you install, but not sure how to do that. Anyone??
I called the toll free number in the back of the Civ 4 manual, and I get on hold and they cut me off saying they are too busy to deal with a paying customer. What a surpise. This is my very first Sid Meier and Civ game and the way things are going, the last.

I'm assuming you clicked cancel when directx install came up?

insert disc one and enter setup under the directx folder...there's dlls that are installed when you install directx from the cd and they aren't included from microsoft's site...

When i get the cabinet message, its when i tell it to install direct x, then it says instlation failed. What Dlls do I install? There are different ones. I tryed running the DXsetup from the folder, but I get the same thing. I NEVER had a problem like this installing a game, EVER.

I downloaded all 4 of them, but when I open the DXsetup.exe file in all the zip folders NOTHING HAPPENS. :mad: :mad: :mad: VERY FRUSTRATED.

Same thing happend here.

I tried installing the DirectX version that came with the game, still doesn't work [might be to different issues].

:cry:

Someone shall pay! :scan:

Top Bottom