Major Error in Civilopedia re:Lincoln

tholt

Chieftain
If this has already been discussed, my apologies......

In checking the Civilopedia entry for Lincoln, the text reads:

"In July of 1862 the Northern and Southern forces met at Gettysburg...Simultaneously, Union forces under...Grant captured the city of Vicksburg...Shortly thereafter Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation."

While it is accurate that the South did, indeed, invade the North in 1862, Gettysburg and Vicksburg both happened at the same time, and Lincoln did issue the Emancipation Proclamation after a Northern Victory in 1862, the details are just flat out incorrect in the Civilopedia.

Gettysburg and Vicksburg both happened in 1863, and NOT in 1862, and the battle that led Lincoln to issue the Emancipation Proclamation was Antietam.

A game that is predicated on history, made by an American company, and they can't get the details of the most tumultuous time in its history correct? Whomever wrote this Civilopedia entry, and their editors, really messed this one up.

Does it affect gameplay? Not even a little, but this is just too wrong to let pass.

Thanks,

Tony

Whats more wrong then that is making Cleopatra Black. This game basically through history out the window.

Whats more wrong then that is making Cleopatra Black. This game basically through history out the window.

Nah, that's at least debatable, there is no proof one way or the other. Also, she's dark skinned in the game, but I don't know for certain that you can identify her as "black." The Lincoln thing is just flatout incorrect.

In fairness the game is made so you mould history but facts like that are just flat out stupid.
I'd love to get an archaeologist or some from of history major to look into this, then give me the info to write a strongly worded letter!

In fairness the game is made so you mould history but facts like that are just flat out stupid.
I'd love to get an archaeologist or some from of history major to look into this, then give me the info to write a strongly worded letter!
I believe they said the source for the civlopedia was National Geographic.
Cleo Black? Raise the contrast a bit.
1862 vs. 1863, maybe it was a leap year.
Lol, seriously though, I'm glad people don't simply accept everything they read. Now I'm off google'n

Top Bottom