Malakim Desert Mechanics

Another couple idea that I didn't see suggested. Perhaps give

Idea #1: Let Malakim workers build Oases as long as they are not within 2 squares of an existing oasis.

Ideas #2: Why not give a small chance (~0.5% at normal speed) for one of several resources/features to be discovered on a desert tile that is in the workable terrain of a city.

Perhaps there could also be a greater chance for a resource (or perhaps just an oasis) to be automatically discovered adjacent to a city founded in desert?

Things that could be discovered might include

1. An oasis (maybe the most common)
2. Some mineable resource (gold, copper, iron, mithril if one has the right tech)
3. Horses or sheep? (nomads)
4. Certain luxury resources may also make sense in the desert (and maybe also reagents, etc).

Heck, why not make reagents a desert only resource (might help with the no-reagent problem, and make deserts more strategically important).

Dear Santa Klaus :santa2:,

I wish that in the next 0.35 (ok .36 :D) version the malakims will get the same kind of benefits than the illians got in the .34 version... :bowdown:

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

Meh, Malakim kick ass. My favourite race... Well that's a lie as I've said so many times before. I appreciate what their strength is and that it speeds me to my goal of Armageddon. They can found any chosen religion the fastest thanks to their HUGE commerce boost at the start of the game. I don't think any other race comes close to the 124 turn record WITHOUT mirror of heaven or any special events for founding Ashen Veil and getting Infernal Pact.

Hyborem at turn 124 simply kicks ass. Period.

Playing them seriously on the other hand... I'm no diplomat, I've always loved warmongering. That said I guess you can tell I don't favour maining Malakim.

The Malakim are very strong research wise... I tend to make a lot of enemies when building up my little desert empire, though. So me and them don't work out too well. even if I enjoy them. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom