[Map] Giant Earth Map

Proposal for Greece, +3 land tiles (+5 total with your territory change) with a redraw of terrain, and Boeotian Cephissus river added.
Lack of Cyprus and Crete always saddened me in this map. I realize they need to be grouped in one territory and space is scarce but still. Cyprus as copper hill was part of Civs' Earth maps as far back as I can remember...

I like it. :)

Yep, too close, but similar to Italy/Africa.

And yes, I want that pass there.

Another proposal:
Spoiler :
upload_2021-10-4_12-8-4.png
upload_2021-10-4_12-8-16.png

Lack of Cyprus and Crete always saddened me in this map. I realize they need to be grouped in one territory and space is scarce but still. Cyprus as copper hill was part of Civs' Earth maps as far back as I can remember...
I still plan to have a 203x106 upscale at some point, I don't know if it will be enough, but we may have the possibility to add back some islands in the Mediterranean sea then.

Suggestions for North/South Italy/France/England ?

East/West Anatolia ?

Let´s make Greece great again. :crazyeye:
There is a perfect spot for Korinth and a mountain for the Cyclopean Fortress.
I like the river in the Yugoslavia area. It´s aspot for Ambraika/Dyrrachium.

East/West Anatolia ?

For names?

I think a good one for South Italy would be Mezzogiorno (or Two Sicilies); Northern Italy could just be Italy as it roughly corresponds with the Kingdom of Italy in the HRE (alternatively, maybe Lombardy?).

For France, I'd imagine South would be Occitania and the North could be just 'France'? (Alternatively, maybe Neustria?)

For Anatolia you could cheat a little bit and call the western part Asia Minor and the eastern part Anatolia - or there's Anatolia/Asia Minor and Armenian Highlands potentially.

For England, if you don't want to name it England - it pretty well matches up with the roman Province of Britannia.

Do you think there is enough space for Macedonia now? (Korinth, Pella, Byzantium)

Attachments

• Greece 5.jpg
    Greece 5.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
For names?

- or there's Anatolia/Asia Minor and Armenian Highlands potentially.

I am partial of course, but Anatolia and Armenia would be a sight for sore eyes :love:

Well, no, I can't deny it, I actually asked how we could name for the area north of England :rotfl:

Scotland is too bold of a name ?

@Gedemon

{ 203, "Terra Del Fuego"}

Tierra (missing the i).

East/West Anatolia ?
Southern Italy could be Ausonia (initially more localized) or Hesperia (greek exonym), Northern Italy could be Italia (not sure), Cisalpina, Lombardia or Padania (controversial name, but technically related only to the Po' valley)

Greece7.jpg Greece6.jpg
I like the idea Korinth, Pella, Byzantium
And start to do something in Israel :mischief:
What do you think about gold in Macedonia (Thasos)?

Last edited:
I did some thinking and came up with the following compromise - attached here (apologies for the rough sketch!), combining Gedemon's revised Greece with some of the other suggestions here:

It gives us Illyria/Balkans/Yugoslavia (18 tiles - purple); Greece (16 - blue); Thrace (16 - Salmon); and Romania (20, stealing from Ukraine a bit). I'm not really sure there's a way to carve out Pella/Macedon from Athens/Corinth and Byzantium without making really small or snaky regions, unfortunately.

Gedemon, I'm not sure if it's possible but I wonder if there's a way to query the game to report each territory and the number of land tiles in them - it might help give us a sense of what the average size is and how big/small to go with territories. The Low Countries are - by my count - 14 land tiles and I think that's probably the smallest we'd want to go for most cases...

Attachments

• BalkanMap.png
    BalkanMap.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom