Resource icon

MapTweaker Utility (beta) - Copy/Paste/Resize Bix Files! 2016-10-05

Oh, be sure that once you\'re happy with your map, you make sure that you make it compress .biq files again, because I didn\'t, and it started playing up and not opening the files when the file size got to a certain number (more than 3000KB). My file\'s safe now, though...

Hate to bump, however I have encountered a problem. I made a map using the utilites cut an paste feature however whenever I try to move around the map using the Civ3 editor it crashes. I saved it as a compressed biq after using the map tweaker but I still am having the crash problem.

You know to be honest I never looked to see if the copy and pasted part had starting positions. Thanks for pointing that out didnt realize it was something that could cause a problem.

Right, hate to bump an old thread again but every time I resize a scenario using the maptweaker then save it, the BIQ editor will open it up once but every time after that it crashes and asks me to send an error report any ideas how to fix this? It's not urgent so don't worry too much about it.

Hate to bump a thread again but I read about this utility in another thread Rise of Rome and came over here to DL it and discovered the FreeImage.dll download link doesn't take you to a download. I got the dll anyway from dlldll.com and thought I'd make note of that here for anyone attempting to download the utility. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Hate to bump a thread again but I read about this utility in another thread Rise of Rome and came over here to DL it and discovered the FreeImage.dll download link doesn't take you to a download. I got the dll anyway from dlldll.com and thought I'd make note of that here for anyone attempting to download the utility. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Another thing you can do is downloading from here
http://sourceforge.net/project/down...me=FreeImage3100Win32.zip&use_mirror=internap
this will allow you to download freeimage.dll if u have any problems just message back because i have the complete download of it.

Another thing you can do is downloading from here
http://sourceforge.net/project/down...me=FreeImage3100Win32.zip&use_mirror=internap
this will allow you to download freeimage.dll if u have any problems just message back because i have the complete download of it.

Ok, I have downloaded it, but when I try to open a BIQ file with MapTweaker I have a message of error: is impossible to open the BIQ, the FreeImage.dll is impossible to charge. I have unzipped it in the same folder as MapTweaker, in the folder of Civilisation Complete.

Ok, I have downloaded it, but when I try to open a BIQ file with MapTweaker I have a message of error: is impossible to open the BIQ, the FreeImage.dll is impossible to charge. I have unzipped it in the same folder as MapTweaker, in the folder of Civilisation Complete.
Did you read the read me included?
Note that for the moment MapTweaker can only load uncompressed bix files - To save an uncompressed bix file in civ3XEdit goto View-Options and uncheck the 'Compress BIC File' box. I'll add decompression functionality soon enough :)

Did you read the read me included?

Yes, I have uncompressed the .BIQ. The message come with each type of .BIQ I try to open. IS the .BIQ files not covered by this program? I have read that version 0.9 cover the .BIQ files, but I am not able to open these. The error message is the same.

That should not be the case- I myself use C3Complete, and can open uncompressed .biq files, too. Could you perhaps give us a couple of screensots, one of the error message, one of your map tweaker folder? That could help.

Maybe the problem is that I have the Conquest Complete version of game?
No I have Civ3 Complete myself. And the editor is the same as the one included with conquests. Do you have the FreeImage.dll in the maptweaker folder? Also in the folder you should have a mapmakerConfig.xml and debugLog.txt.

That should not be the case- I myself use C3Complete, and can open uncompressed .biq files, too. Could you perhaps give us a couple of screensots, one of the error message, one of your map tweaker folder? That could help.

Thanks Virote. Here are the screenshots:

Thanks!

Sorry I took so long in replying to this thread.

From looking at your folder, it looks like you're missing FreeImage.dll, which I have in the same folder as Map Tweaker. Does that help?

Uh, I got MapTweaker, AND put FreeImage.dll in the same directory as it, but it won't load any .bix or .biq files. It opens .bic's just fine though.

And yes, I did selection "Uncompress BIC files" in the options.

Top Bottom