Votes: 5 7.5%
  • JosEPh_II

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Praetyre

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Epi3b1rD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you need someone to fill in for inactive/quit players I will join if possible.
Maybe. But I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to step into the role that may be available. The conflict between us has reached a major crescendo. I'm also sure he would probably rather gouge his eyes out than to give up on that war now himself. Sigh... Spirictum - how ya gonna get a decent enough computer to play? Tell me you have a strategy for that. I mean, are you looking to steal one from your lab or what?

I am reasonably certain that Civ4 runs on Mac. Is this mod incompatible with Apple software? He should be able to play on Snowfall's computer.
Mods are Mac incompatible, though I did see someone build a dll that was compatible a while back. Generally though it's not and it's been a long time since that was done. Why anyone buys a Mac anymore is beyond me.

Actually it's beyond me why people buy Windows PCs any more! I would certainly buy a Mac if I were buying something new, for any purpose other than gaming. Especially so for software development work.

Well that's it. It's not that Macs aren't superior in memory management. That's always been the case. But software development has always been 80% on the PC side making having a Mac basically a recipe for being left out in the cold.

I'm back from Utah. Sunburned and dehydrated from the desert mountain of Topaz in the Thomas Mountain Range. Temps hit mid 90's with 5% humidity for both days, but the 2nd day at least had some wind. That helped. Pounding big rocks into little rocks with no shade got intense at times. And water does not stay cool long either. But warm water was better than the alternative. ;)

Got some Topaz but not as much as hoped for. Wife was seriously hampered by her hip and weight. So she could not climb like we had hoped for. Son and grandson could climb though. 2nd son opted out and that is why the wife went. Plus she Loved the drive thru Colorado and Utah. The Black Dragon Canyon and Great Basin Canyons were fantastic in Utah. In Colorado we had to stop at the Grizzly Creek Junction were it meets the Eagle river. Water so pure you could put it in your water bottle straight from the creek. Even had State signs posted that this was a protected pure water site. Many pics from the trip to go over and remember. Good time for all even though sleep was at a minimum. 2 days to get there, 2 days to hunt for Topaz (morning to early afternoon), and 2 days to get back. Then 2 days of sleeping and recovery once back home. Traveling at ages 66 and 64 is a whole lot different than it was when we were young and in the army together. :p

Sounds like hella fun! Our next adventure is in a few weeks in Yellowstone, starting on Independence day. 5 day round trip.

I hope Spirictum is up and running by the time that's over at least.

What were the quality of the stones you found? Are they like Sapphires where you have to really work them before you'll know or is it more obvious as soon as you find them?

Well that's it. It's not that Macs aren't superior in memory management. That's always been the case. But software development has always been 80% on the PC side making having a Mac basically a recipe for being left out in the cold.
NO, I meant I would choose a Mac for development especially. That because the range of tools available in the open-source Linux-based community dwarfs what's available for Windows. I would take Mac over pure Linux because MacOS is essentially Linux anyway, but well managed with a lot more compatibility guarantees than you would get with any other flavor.

Sounds like hella fun! Our next adventure is in a few weeks in Yellowstone, starting on Independence day. 5 day round trip.

I hope Spirictum is up and running by the time that's over at least.

What were the quality of the stones you found? Are they like Sapphires where you have to really work them before you'll know or is it more obvious as soon as you find them?

It's pretty obvious when you have a "gemy" stone or not. Topaz have a Mohr hardness score of 8. But you can still shatter one with a cold chisel and 2lb sledge. :p

The Calcite matrix that is in the vug with them is very soft. We broke out too many that we should've left in the matrix as "specimens". Been told those specimens with smaller stones and clusters are more valuable than the individual small stones. Learning experience to say the least.

I have not weighed any of the decent sized stones yet to see how many carats they may yield. Been doing the white vinegar soak on the better stones to help removed the calcite. Next I'll take my dremel tool and some grinding bits to clean out the more stubborn rhyolite and calcite attachments. I think I will have about 10+ stones in the 5 to 10 carat range that have good clarity, both clear and champagne/sherry colored. And I have many gemy fragments ( less than a carat) to figure out how to use or just sell as a lot.

I'm not going to make any kind of real money but every little bit helps pay for the trip. 7 tanks of gas to get there and 5 tanks to get back (good tail wind) @ an avg price of $3/gal, avg fill up around 11 gal. Then 5 nights in motel rooms plus 2 meals a day can add up fast for 4 people. May be our last "big" vacation for a year or 2. Will take that long to pay the credit card debt down. :cringe: But we only have so much time left anyway to even do something like this.

As for Spirictum, Brazil is a real mess right now. The news is Not telling how bad it actually is, and it is Bad. The Police in many of the major cities have abandoned many of the "neighborhoods" because of gangs and the gangs' strength and numbers.

NO, I meant I would choose a Mac for development especially. That because the range of tools available in the open-source Linux-based community dwarfs what's available for Windows. I would take Mac over pure Linux because MacOS is essentially Linux anyway, but well managed with a lot more compatibility guarantees than you would get with any other flavor.
I didn't mean to DO development... I meant for benefiting from the development others are doing. I'm sorry... I really just wish we were all on one platform. I know we need competition and all but what that means is we don't have one standard to let all the uninteresting stuff just be on that.

Spirictum was here today at 2:36pm. No post made.

Traveling at ages 66 and 64 is a whole lot different than it was when we were young and in the army together. :p

Wait till you get to the 70.s. You youngsters, :mischief::).

Had to re-install win 7 Pro. And everything else. Not sure if the C2C MP folder is set up right. All previous saves lost. It is what it is.

These are looking dead. We can't hack the accounts with my abilities anyhow. And I'm pretty sure spirictum doesn't want to let us know his password so we can eject him from the game. By the time we get back to this we'll all be pretty lost I think though that can easily be recovered. If and when it returns, I'm happy to help ya get set back up if you want.

These are looking dead. We can't hack the accounts with my abilities anyhow. And I'm pretty sure spirictum doesn't want to let us know his password so we can eject him from the game. By the time we get back to this we'll all be pretty lost I think though that can easily be recovered. If and when it returns, I'm happy to help ya get set back up if you want.
what happenned in the end?

what happenned in the end?
We were never able to hack through Spirictum's abandonment of the game. A month or two later some mod development code changes went in that were save incompatible and the games were left alone.

I've always wanted to get back to these but AFTER the upcoming unit review stuff goes into effect - I know too much about what is not right in comparison to want to start one right now. But these were the BEST game experiences ever I felt, even if there WAS some... drama.

Drama can be a learning experience too. ;) Consistency and diligence though must be adhered to though.

Top Bottom