Master of Mana Xtended

It is a very sad byproduct of some of the AI changes. A unit will not attack a very very weak unit with barbarian based AI. Your workers and settlers are safe to explore the world with no issues whatsoever... short of monsters in dens, ofcourse. THEY will still target all units as normal.

So if you have a scout that survived with .1 or 2 health, they should be fine until they end a turn right next to a den.

:king:
is all the 'allow religion' and 'allow guild' handled in xml/dll or is there also a python callback for religion and guilds available?

AFAIK, they are handled in dll. I tried to limit some civs from getting some guilds in python once but failed.

It is a very sad byproduct of some of the AI changes. A unit will not attack a very very weak unit with barbarian based AI. Your workers and settlers are safe to explore the world with no issues whatsoever... short of monsters in dens, ofcourse. THEY will still target all units as normal.

So if you have a scout that survived with .1 or 2 health, they should be fine until they end a turn right next to a den.

Ah, thank you for the explanation!

If I wanted to contribute something to your work, esvath, what is it that I could do? I really enjoy this mod, and I want to give something back to the people who are keeping it alive!

EDIT: Where can I find the new unit rosters you made?

Uhm, botched up the saves Esvath, sorry. Had no save left from that issue since I had gotten tired and tried a new game.

Has anyone in this thread set up Visual Studio to edit the Dll? Do you need a specific old version etc?

What do you guys use for Python debugging?

If I wanted to contribute something to your work, esvath, what is it that I could do? I really enjoy this mod, and I want to give something back to the people who are keeping it alive!

EDIT: Where can I find the new unit rosters you made?

Thank you!

You could write some pedia entries and put them in the relevant thread.

Or, if you are familiar with xml modding, you could directly put the entries to a new xml files. I will link these entries to the appropriate leaders/units/buildings.

If you are familiar with c++ and want to mod the dll, you are most welcome! :lol: We have several problems with current dll, I listed those in the first post of this thread.

Uhm, botched up the saves Esvath, sorry. Had no save left from that issue since I had gotten tired and tried a new game.

Has anyone in this thread set up Visual Studio to edit the Dll? Do you need a specific old version etc?

What do you guys use for Python debugging?

How is your new game? I hope you don't get new CTD.

BlackArchon and LordShaggynator are setting up their Visual Studio. If you are interested in modding the dll, you are most welcome! :goodjob:

Thank you!
How is your new game? I hope you don't get new CTD.

BlackArchon and LordShaggynator are setting up their Visual Studio. If you are interested in modding the dll, you are most welcome! :goodjob:

No CTD so far, made a new game with 20 or so AI (No kuriotes) and trying the Scions of Patria just to see. Gonna play a one city challange basically and just try to survive.

I work as a software developer so I code all day, but in c# and VS2013. c++ was many years ago since I last touched, only fiddled a bit with python. But it seems more people are familiar with that so I can leave that to others. Just wanna try to get things more stable because that is and has been the most annoying part of the mods on FFH that there is many stability issues.

BlackArchon and LordShaggynator will share their progress here or somewhere else, to set up everything?

Hello

We would be interested in modding the dll-files. However, we would need the vcproj-files of this project, any clues of how to get those? Anything else needed would also be good:).

There would actually be three of us to do the coding, but as said, the files would help us get started.

Cool project - we really would like to be of assistance.

PS. decompiling dll-files just did not work:D... ah well, had to try:). I know, I know, stupid idea:). Or is it? Would that actually be doable(and how?)? The game seems to be written in c,python and the dll-files in c++.. and maybe more(?).

Hello

We would be interested in modding the dll-files. However, we would need the vcproj-files of this project, any clues of how to get those? Anything else needed would also be good:).

There would actually be three of us to do the coding, but as said, the files would help us get started.

Cool project - we really would like to be of assistance.

PS. decompiling dll-files just did not work:D... ah well, had to try:). I know, I know, stupid idea:). Or is it? Would that actually be doable(and how?)? The game seems to be written in c,python and the dll-files in c++.. and maybe more(?).

The SVN version has a visual studio project file in the DevSource, but that is to the SVN version, and we need the project for the version that Esvath is using, which I am not sure which it is?
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/masterofmana/?source=navbar)

If we knew what revision it was from, maybe we can get that revision from SourceForge and start from there?

Esvath, do you know what revision of this you are using? Can you see the breakpoint of features you have, and don't have in the history?
http://sourceforge.net/p/masterofmana/code/commit_browser

Seems to be around revision r200 going by the date of CVGameCoreDLL.dll ?

Attachments

• history.PNG
    history.PNG
    78.3 KB · Views: 597
I am not sure which revision that I use, sorry guys, but I use the Patch 2.11 version, which is dated on 11-12-2013, so I assume it is revision 200?

Edit: CarnivalBizarre, I tried to click on your link (the one that should lead to browser commits) but got 404 error instead.

Hi

Sephi has done something... After looking into the SourceForge of Master of Mana, noticed that r229 has some interesting Visual Studio 2010 references.. Like:
add /Dev Source/MoM(VS2010).suo
add /Dev Source/MoM_VS2010.vcxproj
add /Dev Source/MoM_VS2010.sln

So my question goes, has anyone looked into those?

Also, while looking at other revisions, there are significant amount of AI changes made to the code.. could those be implemented and possible resolve some of the problems?

Continuing the reading of the changes after r200 is now a priority in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help. Going to continue the reading now.

Hi

Sephi has done something... After looking into the SourceForge of Master of Mana, noticed that r229 has some interesting Visual Studio 2010 references.. Like:
add /Dev Source/MoM(VS2010).suo
add /Dev Source/MoM_VS2010.vcxproj
add /Dev Source/MoM_VS2010.sln

So my question goes, has anyone looked into those?

Also, while looking at other revisions, there are significant amount of AI changes made to the code.. could those be implemented and possible resolve some of the problems?

Continuing the reading of the changes after r200 is now a priority in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help. Going to continue the reading now.

I agree, but I have no time during daytime to look into it, and have to squeeze family time to do it in the evenings, but Intend to do so. The more people that get into the less dependand we are upon that one guy dissapearing from the Net.

Please report what you find if you have the time :) Good hunting

Looking through the xml files, I can recognise that up to rev 204 is compatible with current Xtended.

I don't know whether 205 is compatible, though, because it is dll file.

I can't load 206 changelog, so I don't know whether this version is compatible. But, looking at the date between 205-206 and future revisions, I think that these revisions are not compatible with Xtended (they are for the new Beta MoMana, with different unit stats etc).

So, in my opinion, the latest revision we can use/mod is 204 and I am still uncertain with regards to 205 and 206.

Looked into the code, found some AI information in CvUnitAI.cpp - also looked into many more files.

-Noticed that it is written in comment that better AI is long overdue.

-AI casting priority, too much summoned units(like skeleton soldiers), too little or no spell casting towards enemy targets(AI, Human, Barbs)
*overall attack values (especially important at start of the matches, when you get units like adepts and later catapults?) - these units with values like 0/15 seem to be rarely used by AI.
*casters (casting?, maybe in need of attack values for AI to actually to use units - same with catapults?)

-Promotion check (when attacking, defending, guarding city) - how and where is it checked?

-How is the plot valued in the first place
-> Ai retreat to city (and after finding it impossible at the moment, how to find new plot?) - what does it do in general?
-> find new plot issue in general?

-How and where (priority) of mana nodes?

Will continue to try and look the code more and find solutions. Most issues seem to be related to priority...

If someone has information, please share:).

It is a big effort to look into code written by someone else.

That is good work to start, Hellraizer! Sorry that I couldn't help you, I am totally DLL-illiterate :lol:

@all: thank you for your interest in Master of Mana!

Looked into the code, found some AI information in CvUnitAI.cpp - also looked into many more files.

-Noticed that it is written in comment that better AI is long overdue.

-AI casting priority, too much summoned units(like skeleton soldiers), too little or no spell casting towards enemy targets(AI, Human, Barbs)
*overall attack values (especially important at start of the matches, when you get units like adepts and later catapults?) - these units with values like 0/15 seem to be rarely used by AI.
*casters (casting?, maybe in need of attack values for AI to actually to use units - same with catapults?)

-Promotion check (when attacking, defending, guarding city) - how and where is it checked?

-How is the plot valued in the first place
-> Ai retreat to city (and after finding it impossible at the moment, how to find new plot?) - what does it do in general?
-> find new plot issue in general?

-How and where (priority) of mana nodes?

Will continue to try and look the code more and find solutions. Most issues seem to be related to priority...

If someone has information, please share:).

It is a big effort to look into code written by someone else.

Big effort, I agree. Nested for loops with nested if statements 10 levels deep and not using "continue" more than five times in 24000 lines... Seems like there should be a big need to modernize a lot of it to increase readability.

Seems like promotions are evaluated very wierdly without regards to what kind of unit and what kind of promotions already taken, but I am not sure I understand it.

Also, not much Civ specific AI code here, just bare minimum. Would be much more interesting if the Civs had more unique preferenses.

Edit: Also, there is tons of while loops without safety for breaking, so I guess the endless turns might take lots of work to get rid of :(

Top Bottom