Merry Christmas Vs. Seasons Greetings

Captain2

ಠ_ృ
whitch do you think should be kept?

in my opinion I think every faith should keep its own culture and shouldnt get rid of someones beliefs just because you dont share them, it should stay merry christmas because the country was founded on christian beliefs and its our heritage, I dont expect to move to Iran and for them to quit beliefs in Islam because I am uncomfortable. if you move to a country you know that doesnt share your religious beliefs you shouldnt expect them to just roll over and adopt a politically correct system, flavour is the spice of life :p

now its your turn to debate it, have fun and keep it civil

I really don't care which one people use. It's all the same to me.

Have a merry Christmas
Have a happy Hannakuh
Have a rockin' Ramadan

"Season's greetings" is meaningless and could be used anytime of the year. Summer is a season, Autumn is a season, etc...

VRWCAgent said:
Have a merry Christmas
Have a happy Hannakuh
Have a rockin' Ramadan

"Season's greetings" is meaningless and could be used anytime of the year. Summer is a season, Autumn is a season, etc...

But no one actually says it anytime but the Christmas season.

Yeah, I know, but I've never understood why simply because it is such a meaningless phrase.

I usually tell people Merry Christmas, unless I happen to know that they're Jewish or actively atheistic, in which case I'll say Happy Hannukah or Happy Holidays.

Fundamentally, it is about being polite and/or about wishing someone well, and they could tell me Happy Late December for all I care, it is the thought that counts. What irritates me just about as much as people getting bent out of shape when someone tells them Merry Christmas, is people saying Merry Christmas with the hope that they're annoying a non-Christian. "Merry Christmas" delivered with the inflection or spirit of "Screw you" is not very Christian at all.

Babbler said:
But that EVERY holiday!
Excellent point!
Babbler said:
"Merry Christmas" for me, not "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays". It is really a secular holiday now, and the other two seem contrived and artificial.
I agree, it isn't a Christian Holiday to alot of people, such as myself and friends, who celebrate Christmas as a time to have fun, eat alot and consume far too much beer.

Happy holidays to people unless I know what they celebrate. There is Christmas, Hannakuh, New Years. It very dissapointing that people think it matters when you don't say Merry Christmas.
They are just a bunch of grinches, not happy with what others do, they make everyones life miserable by trying to change it.

Happy Chrismahanakwanzakah :p.

In seriousness, I beleve that it does not matter which one. I tend to wish people who that I know and they are christian a Merry Christmas. For aquantances and people that I know that are not christian, I just say seasons greetings.

Yuri2356 said:
That's Christmahanakwanzaramadan ;).

But enough of that...

I must demand that you stop ignoring Festivus! :p

A Festivus for the rest of us!

Top Bottom