Militaristic City-State gifted units

pintocat

Warlord
Do all militaristic citystates give the same types of units? Like, would Hanoi and Almaty both possibly give me Keshiks, etc?

How do I know what units I will get when I befriend a Military CS, and how can I tell the tech level they're in to know as well what type of unit I'd be getting (like if a unit would then be obsolete and I wouldn't get it anymore)?

If you enter the City State screen (where you can see the all the details of that particular city state), you can hover your mouse over the different pieces of information to obtain more information. To find out the special unit that state provides, hover your mouse over the word "Militaristic". They will only provide this unit to you when you have access to it, and will stop providing this unit when it is no longer available in your build list (i.e. obsolete from your tech level). You must also be allied to get the unique unit.

Each Militaristic city state will provide one type of special unit, and no two will offer the same. The only unique units available will be from civilisations that are not in the current game. For example, if you meet Hanoi and they're providing the Ballista as the unique unit, you know Rome will not be in your game.

When not providing the unique unit, all city states will provide generally the same units based on your tech level. The most common I've received are Lancers, Gatlin Guns and Anti-aircraft units.

Lol, another thread about gift UU!

For some reason some city states still gifts Foreign Legions. I bet same goes for Landschnekt cos both have been uu's.

Well technically, any unit a city state would give you would constitute a "Foreign Legion", though Foreign Legions themselves are unique in the fact that you can now only get them through either city states or the freedom tree (though to tell you the truth they're sort of mediocre once they become available through CS gifting, compared to pure GWI, who have almost the base strength of a Foreign Legions when attacking, with a negligible .4 difference). Not sure if they're still counted as French Units, though.

Top Bottom