Militeristic CS

In one game I had a military CS that kept spamming me with Conquistadors

Do these Conquistadores still have the ability to found cities overseas?

In my last game, a CS gave me fex Minutemen. I noticed they still had the Golden Age promotion.
I was wondering: playing as Persia, luckily found a CS that offers Minutemen, kill units and get more points for GA!

Do these Conquistadores still have the ablity to found city overseas?

Yes - I saw the ability but was deliberately playing OCC (I didn't have the OCC option checked in the menu, and am not sure what it does, since I decided on that after the map loaded. I just refrained from settling or conquering cities and made sure my tourism wasn't sufficient to flip cities to me).

Yes - I saw the ability but was deliberately playing OCC (I didn't have the OCC option checked in the menu, and am not sure what it does, since I decided on that after the map loaded. I just refrained from settling or conquering cities and made sure my tourism wasn't sufficient to flip cities to me).

Quick OT question about that.. If you don't check OCC in the advanced menu, but don't found/conquer any cities, do you still get the OCC achievement?

Quick OT question about that.. If you don't check OCC in the advanced menu, but don't found/conquer any cities, do you still get the OCC achievement?

Yes - that was why I avoided taking cities by tourism or conquest, since I think technically you're allowed to do that while playing OCC, but that won't get the achievement (which I didn't previously have).

I suspect checking OCC doesn't do much more than force discipline - it's the same way a lot of people click 'Ironman' options in games even though there's nothing forcing them to reload if they want to play that way.

Tried a new game with Japan, a CS gave me six Kriss Warrior, all with super-promotions... I can't wait to upgrade them in samurais and conquer the world!!

I suspect checking OCC doesn't do much more than force discipline - it's the same way a lot of people click 'Ironman' options in games even though there's nothing forcing them to reload if they want to play that way.

With OCC checked, all cities you capture are razed immediately. That includes normally unrazable cities - capitals, city states, and Indonesia's spice cities.

Always makes a great game when you have a strong infrastructure civ getting numerous keshik... I find it interesting that I've received keshiks in over a dozen games, and yet not once have received camel archers... Extremely inprobable coincidence, or are some UUs on an exclusion list?

On a similar note, the unit on my current M-CS "wish list" of late has been impis- seems like a powerful and FUN unit, but can't bring myself to play Zulu as they're too 1-dimensional...are they excluded from M-CS gifts?

They are not excluded. In recent games, I've seen Brazilian, German and French Impis running around.

I was once playing as the inca, and saw 2 militaristic city-states with keshiks and chu-ko-nus. That game was so OP it almost makes me cry :lol:

I had a game with a neighbouring CS gifting me CKN. Man, it was a bloodbath. But! Dandolo went and bought them! Grrr! It was then that I found you can't liberate a bought CS, and that Venice needs the Toku treatment whenever they're eyeing up juicy CS allies!

Most recent game was a great Spain one. Not only was I in possession of four NWs, all of them were coastal and my gifted Samurai went around building fishing boats whilst waiting to find someone to hit!

Somehow I never manage to get USEFUL unique units from military city states. I mean, either I get regular units or some crap like Pracinhas or Musketers :p (I like musketers while playing France but you know, they have no special promotions and while I can make something spectacular with 10 minutemen as France before the riflemen, what should I do with these two gifted units before riflemen come and erase all musketer unique flavour?)

Top Bottom