• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Minor requests and questions thread

I have started, and played for at least 300 turns, 5 games (rather more, but haven't counted), and I have one little observation.

Recurrently, it seems that religions are chain founded by AIs. What I observed is that usually one AI founds FoL, then order, then empirean, meanwhile another AI founds OO, then ashen then esus.

This leads to games were only two religions (three if I found one) spread, that is to say the main religions of the 'chain founders'. It's boring, and quite sad that more than half the religions aren't used. Especially so since you boosted most of them.(excellent changes !)

The best would be that the AI are blocked from founding more than one religion. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would lead to more interesting games.

Apart from that, Great Mod ! Still searching for a CTD !

I'm rather agreeing with you here Humakty. I always liked RoM's Limited Religions feature, making it so you can't found more than one religion. I never suggested it because I feel FFH playerbase would kill me.

On the Sidar:
First, is there any logical reason that Shades are National Units with a limit of 4? You rarely have 4 shades at the same time and when you do, it's merely an annoyance since all you have to do is to wait another turn. In my current game, I've got a Shade that happened to Enrage - so I can't select him. I can't get rid of him. I can't use him. And I can't replace him. :p

Second, Shades can't join a city as Great Generals. Again, is there a reasoning or is it simply an oversight? :)

I'm rather agreeing with you here Humakty. I always liked RoM's Limited Religions feature, making it so you can't found more than one religion. I never suggested it because I feel FFH playerbase would kill me.
*fetches some firewood and starts gathering up pitchforks*
Just to be sure. ;)

Second, Shades can't join a city as Great Generals. Again, is there a reasoning or is it simply an oversight? :)
I don't know about the other questions (never played Sidar) but I know you won't be able to add Great Generals in cities starting next patch in order not to have too much free XP.

*fetches some firewood and starts gathering up pitchforks*
Just to be sure. ;)
Actually, I think I'll do it because I really like this mechanic. But I'll make it a gameoption ;) (off by default).

It could add some issues, though. There are a few ways you could accidentally end up founding a religion, even if it's not too common. If you introduce something like that, I'd suggest some kind of dialogue asking you "You have researched <tech>. Do you want to found <religion>?".

It could add some issues, though. There are a few ways you could accidentally end up founding a religion, even if it's not too common. If you introduce something like that, I'd suggest some kind of dialogue asking you "You have researched <tech>. Do you want to found <religion>?".
You're talking about disciples found in lairs, aren't you? Is there any other way to get a religion other than by researching it?

Actually, I have removed the above possiblity. It is too random for my taste, causes some trouble and was partially designed as a way to get later religion earlier.

Regarding religions, I have tried to fix that in the next patch. Which I hope will be out on friday.
Most leaders now have foavourite religions and are heavily weigthed to research tech founding that religion. Also, the religion weigth is taken into account when researching it So leaders without favourite religions have preferences, too. Also, negative weigth should make leaders avoid founding particular religions. All hardcoding was removed. Yay ;)

Regarding great people, I fixed only the bug Opera fixed. So far no opportunity to check your save Luckman.

I don't think this is technically a bug, so hopefully this is the right thread for this but shouldn't the wargames event(which randomly gives the hero promotion to a unit) exclude worker class units?

I recently got this pretty early in a game(< turn 50) which would have been awesome if a worker hadn't won the wargames. :lol:

You're talking about disciples found in lairs, aren't you? Is there any other way to get a religion other than by researching it?
None other that comes to mind, on hand. I just thought of a potentially funny scenario. You pop a FoL priest from a lair, but you've decided to try and go for Esus. What do you do?

Negotiate open borders with your nearby Sheaim and go drop FoL in their capital. :p
Also, isn't it possible to pop religious techs from huts?
Actually, I have removed the above possiblity. It is too random for my taste, causes some trouble and was partially designed as a way to get later religion earlier.
I think the original intention was to randomize. It's just that it's somewhat hampered by the AI's lack of exploration of lairs. Still, I'd say it was a good call. Popping a religion on turn 5-or-something while fun, is very unbalanced.
Regarding religions, I have tried to fix that in the next patch. Which I hope will be out on friday.
Most leaders now have foavourite religions and are heavily weigthed to research tech founding that religion. Also, the religion weigth is taken into account when researching it So leaders without favourite religions have preferences, too. Also, negative weigth should make leaders avoid founding particular religions. All hardcoding was removed. Yay ;)
<3
Regarding great people, I fixed only the bug Opera fixed. So far no opportunity to check your save Luckman.
Don't bother. It turns out that I'm just a blind fool. :(

Well, that's good news Ahwaric; and a good info too. I'm now free to do my cherished gameoption ;)

Edit: Yes, you can pop religion founding techs out of huts. But the option would still bar you from founding it if you've already founded one religion... But I don't get why these techs are poppable :p

Edit2: Actually, it might only be Honor & Deception, since they were 'normal' techs before...

On the 'minor request' side of things, something I'm sure have been suggested before (and at least mentioned in the regular FfH2 forums more than once): How about being able to choose a Adventurer/Hero upgrade for units with more than 200xp?

I've got a Shadow at the moment with over 600xp. He's more of a hero than anyone in my empire have ever been before and I can't see a good reason why he shouldn't get a promotion saying so. :p
Well, that's good news Ahwaric; and a good info too. I'm now free to do my cherished gameoption ;)

Edit: Yes, you can pop religion founding techs out of huts. But the option would still bar you from founding it if you've already founded one religion... But I don't get why these techs are poppable :p

Edit2: Actually, it might only be Honor & Deception, since they were 'normal' techs before...
I wasn't thinking about popping more than one religion through a hut. I was thinking about accidentally getting a religion you didn't want, preventing you from getting the one you did want, later. :p

One question and two minor requests:

Question: is there a reason that animal husbandry doesn't reveal horses in orbis, i kinda like that gameplay element and it seems inconsistent with the other strategic resources that do require techs, in fact if it were up to me i'd take it a step further and have either arcane lore or sorcery reveal reagents...

And the minor requests, both related to the Erebus Continent map script :

1) I'd really like an option to make resources (and especially resources near the starting location) more scarce, it's rare that i need to worry about health and happiness buildings in my emperor-level games until my cities get to around 12 or 14 pop, because resources are so varied and plentiful. I also like the way resources are rare but "clumpy" in base BtS, so you often face the dilemma of sending your settler to a prime river grassland location with no resources or a bad jungle plot with four dyes and an ivory, something you don't see too much of in ffh/orbis.

2) Maybe tone done kelp a bit, it's on almost every coastal tile by the middle of my normal speed games.

Ahwaric (and Opera too :lol:), you may be interested in this....

I've reworked the Adventurer spawn system from the original random method (Which was imported to Orbis), to a new counter-based method. A value is increased each turn, once the value hits 100 the adventurer is spawned, counter is reset, and a modification to the counter is increased. (Actually, decreased, because the counter is multiplied by the mod... Need a decimal value to decrease it, but I can read it easier this way. :lol:)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8587941#post8587941

Cool idea, Valk

I'm not sure if it is the spread factor or if it is pre-generated, but there is TOO MUCH resources around the map, I have cities with 10 resources in the cross, it beats one of the purposes of going to war.
Also, kelp spread factor should be reduced, cause it's a pain to navigate near the coast.

BTW, excellent mod, congrats!!!

Which mapscript were you using?

And yeah, Kelp might be a bit too common ;)

please don't merge the 'better' AI from FFH. it's makes the AI hopeless. i've never won on deity before but now i never lose. there's no point in having hundreds of units if they just sit around and do nothing..

please don't merge the 'better' AI from FFH. it's makes the AI hopeless. i've never won on deity before but now i never lose. there's no point in having hundreds of units if they just sit around and do nothing..
I am done with updating to Better AI. If something is not in, it won't be.

I might re-introduce Xienwolf forlife fix though. It makes AI defend better, but does not spam as much units as Better AI.

I've reworked the Adventurer spawn system from the original random method (Which was imported to Orbis), to a new counter-based method. A value is increased each turn, once the value hits 100 the adventurer is spawned, counter is reset, and a modification to the counter is increased.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8587941#post8587941

Awharic, please steal this for Orbis! I've always been turned off from playing as the Grigori due to the randomness of hero spawning. This makes things more tactical. It'd be great if a similar system could be included for the Scions' Awakened spawning--a reason I rarely play as them too.

Top Bottom