MLB 2017 Season

Nobody made a thread for this year and baseball has started.

Anyway, the Mariners seem surprisingly hot.

Dodgers good. Giants bad. This season blows.

Astros are also good. It appears they've never won a world series, so why not root for them if my/our team doesn't have a chance.

Red Sox Nation!

Anyways, Red Sox and Yankees reigning on top of the AL East once again, Houston's doing amazing, and darn Cleveland back up there. Cubs are getting back to them oldselves; Dodgers are dominating, but will they actually get to the World Series this year? Nationals are doing great, but will they win a playoff series this year? I like seeing Arizona back in the playoff picture and nice to see Colorado breakout this year.

My understanding is the city of Houston has not had a championship in ANY major sport for their entire existence as a city. I'm pulling for them since the Mariners are clearly out. There's a possibility the Texans could also be a serious team this year, so that would be fun.

My understanding is the city of Houston has not had a championship in ANY major sport for their entire existence as a city. I'm pulling for them since the Mariners are clearly out. There's a possibility the Texans could also be a serious team this year, so that would be fun.

Rockets '94 and '95

To say nothing of the Houston Buffaloes, who won 11 Texas League Titles and 1 South Texas League title in their 70-year history as an independent baseball team.

Last edited:
Ok, I stand corrected with the rockets. Nobody cares about minor league though.

If there only major titles were two years with the rockets, it can be assumed Houston has almost entirely been a drought. Clearly, they deserve this more than the Dodgers.

Ok, I stand corrected with the rockets. Nobody cares about minor league though.

If there only major titles were two years with the rockets, it can be assumed Houston has almost entirely been a drought. Clearly, they deserve this more than the Dodgers.

A LOT of people cared very deeply about the minor leagues in the early days of baseball, particularly in regions like the South, Texas, and the West Coast where there was no real major league presence.

The PCL was a de facto third major league in the 30s and 40s; it was the primary impetus behind moving the Dodgers and Giants out to the West Coast in 1956-57. The Padres are actually themselves an old PCL team.

And the Texas League was influential enough that a lazy fly ball which falls for a hit between the infield and outfield is still called a Texas Leaguer to this day.

If any Texas team is deserving based on recent years (not saying Houston isn't, they're playing unbelievable this year) it would be the Rangers. Back to Back World Series losses, and they we're even one out away from winning and had Cruz caught that ball at the warning track it would've won them the world series instead of extending the inning and rally.

Looking at his twitter page now with all the photos of him flying is really eerie.

Truly a sad day for baseball. RIP Roy.

Top Bottom