Mobile AA Defense

mkirchner

Chieftain
I believe that Civ 3 should have a unit that offers mobile Anti- Aircraft defense. I hate it when my masses of Modern Armor are being attacked by old bombers when they are deep within enemy territory. There should be a first level unit that is a flak gun, similar to Germany's 88mm gun or the Russian ZSU guns. A later unit could be a mobile SAM unit like the Russian SA20 or the US Patriots. This is just my 2 cents.

It has been so long since I have played vanilla civ, but I believe there is a way. I always play DyP. For the radar artillery either inherently has the attribute or you must edit it, but it can be set for air defense and it is mobile, but when you stop its turn, you would have to click each time to set it for air defense.
--------------------------------
I am not cynical, I just have great powers of observation.

I agree, there should be a Moble AA unit. Check out the C&C Forums, they have a SAM unit there.

yes, but it's kinda strange seeing a vehicle flying through the air to intercept...

someone (wyrmshadow i think) solved with his sam-rocket, maybe someone could do a similar thing with a more mobile anti-air vehicle, don't know how though

Mobile AAA or SAM's would definately really be good

Top Bottom