[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

First: Thank you, Kael and the other developers, for this great mod! It is much more fun to play FfH than playing vanilla Civ. :)

Second: Unfortunately the game crushes in my late Calabim game. :( Sometimes a reload helped so that I could play another fews turns - but it gets annoying. Here you find the save game of the last turn before the crush. Perhaps you can find out if the error is my fault or a bug in the mod.

Attachments

• Flauros AD-0585.zip
    470.4 KB · Views: 68
2 questions

1)My friend and I were looking to play the game in alternate modes while the ai is handicapped. We wanted to do a 1 city challenge survive the barbarian rush but it seems that barbs dont appear if you have only 2 cities on the map. Is there some file we can modify to change that, also can we modify somewhere to make your raging barbs be 4x or 6x etc instead of 2x.

2)How do pirate coves work. Only forum post i found said they are costal camps. Do they go on any tile adjacent to ocean? Do they go in the ocean on the coast? And what do they provide.

Khadil Okharim said:
First: Thank you, Kael and the other developers, for this great mod! It is much more fun to play FfH than playing vanilla Civ. :)

Second: Unfortunately the game crushes in my late Calabim game. :( Sometimes a reload helped so that I could play another fews turns - but it gets annoying. Here you find the save game of the last turn before the crush. Perhaps you can find out if the error is my fault or a bug in the mod.
It seems to me that this is a result of improper graphics, possibly a small error in the XML or something wrong with the graphics file itself. If there's something in the late-game that requires graphics which aren't linked properly (it's easy to do a typo), then this would cause the game to crash whenever that "thing" came into existance in your game. It most likely is not a Calabim specific issue, but it could be something wrong with a unit or building available exclusively to the Calabim.

If you could get a report on technologies you and your rivals have around the time of the crash, it could give a starting point on where to look for the problems.

Elven Plantation would be nicer to distinguish between the two and polish it up a bit more.

About vampires, it still doesn't make sense to me that they fall victim to their own contagion. It sort of decreases their usefulness since whenever they use Contagion and capture a city all new units defending that city will be diseased. Perhaps this is your way of 'checking' the power of that ability, but if an alternate way to do so is thought of I hope you'll consider it :)

Hi Kendric,

Someone asked this one already, so I'll just copy it over...

Q: Could someone explan to me how to use the pirate cove, and what it does?

A: The Pirate cove is an improvement that can be built on unowned tiles. It allows ships to pass through it (meaning you can use it as a canal through thin land masses). It also provides some protection and increased healing for ships in it. Making it a nice home away from home for your remote naval units.

I was thinking, with the sort of mechanic that pirate coves offer...

Do they act like rivers or coasts in terms of trade routes?
I.E., if I place a pirate coave and settle next to it later, will it "extend" the coast line so that that city is considered connected by coast?

If thats the case, could we see something similar that would be allowed to be built in cultural boundries that would allow for that connection(sometimes it is better from a resource standpoint to be off-coast, but want the early and easy connection to the rest of your civ).

Now that I think of it, since you can build things outside cultural borders, can we see forts being built outside the boundries?

Cheers!

Version 0.11c is up. Its linked in the first post. Sorry but it requires a whole download.

BlazeRedSXT said:
I was thinking, with the sort of mechanic that pirate coves offer...

Do they act like rivers or coasts in terms of trade routes?
I.E., if I place a pirate coave and settle next to it later, will it "extend" the coast line so that that city is considered connected by coast?

If thats the case, could we see something similar that would be allowed to be built in cultural boundries that would allow for that connection(sometimes it is better from a resource standpoint to be off-coast, but want the early and easy connection to the rest of your civ).

Now that I think of it, since you can build things outside cultural borders, can we see forts being built outside the boundries?

Cheers!

Pirate coves allows ships to pass through the tile. They can be built in unowned tiles. They can't be built within a few (i think 3) tiles of each other, so you can't carve through a continent with them.

While in a cove a ship increases it healing rate and gets a defensive bonus.

As such they make a nice channel though a thin land mass, and a home away from home for your pirate ships.

And yes, there is a definite possibility that you will see units making improvements in neutral an enemy terriotry in the future. specific to your question we are considering giving the Khazad the ability to build special forts in enemy lands.

Thanks Chalid. ^_^

I'd apparently missed #2 there, on account of the fact that the small info-blurb doesn't mention it. I'm still picking up and learning some of the additional effects that are only described in the Civilopedia and not the blurbs you get when offered to build it or such, so that's why.

That certainly makes Blood of the Phoenix a good deal more interesting to build. Very interesting.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. Spot on.

Cheers!

This is a late reply . . .

woodelf said:
Bah! ;)

I must be in the minority here, but the whole idea of an Ancient Forest is that they need to be left alone. I think they give plenty of bonuses so that preservation is encouraged. As an Elven Religion why would you log or deforest? Sacreligeous!

Because if you have hidden paths you want lumber mills everywhere (and at a 2% conversion rate, if you found Fellowship of Leaves, by the time you get to iron working and can actually build said lumber mills, all of your forests are Ancient). Also, selective lumbering is pretty viable, and can actually extend a forest's lifetime.

Maybe its just my own experience, but playing with cabalim seems almost like cheating :)

they have the dirt cheap warrior to very quickly pacify animals and barbarians, and to fortify at strategic spots so that your workers and settlers need never be risked, and their breeding pits building gives a huge boost at the start of the game.
If you wait for the breeding pit to be done before making settlers, you'll have a size 5 or so city that'll produce settlers and workers very very quickly, and it becomes extremely easy to outpace the rest of the civs.

then you get the vampire unit which kicks serious ass when used right.
I went straight for ashen veil and so for late game I had the (properly) superpowerful demon hero and beasts of agares and eidolons so that conquering city after city was a breeze.

never had to reduce science spending under 90, I think.
The game crashed at some point and the crash kept occuring, but this is a common issue with this mod I found.
the game simply crashes at some point later into the game, in almost all games I played with it.

EDIT: (don't get me wrong, while some may think 'oh, that'll have to be balanced' or explain why its not imbalanced, I actually love it this way.
these vampires are strong, quick bastards)

The Team,

I began to play your new Elven Civ, on FfH2 011c.
I'm surprised to see that your Elven Scout is not "Elven".
Is it a forgetting ? Or did you plan it like that?

The Frog.

Still loving it!

Couple of questions for the creators though:

Firstly, have you guys considered including a modified version of the great person mod, you know, the one where you get a little pop up with a picture of any great person born in one of your cities? It would seem like a simple way of adding a ton of scrummy fantasy flavour and artwork.

Secondly, I like what you've done with the soundtrack, very atmospheric. Are you sorted for music now, because if you aren't I have a ton of ethereal, ethnic, fantasy, classical, and instrumental music which I'd be happy to share - all you have to do is ask (Hell, I've got no techhie skills, it's the only thing I can contribute!)

Firstly, have you guys considered including a modified version of the great person mod, you know, the one where you get a little pop up with a picture of any great person born in one of your cities? It would seem like a simple way of adding a ton of scrummy fantasy flavour and artwork.

I think Kael is hesitant to integrate too many third party mods before we have a more-or-less finished version on our hands. But it sounds like a good idea, though it would mean extra work to create the flavour and artwork for the individual persons.

Hian the Frog said:
The Team,

I began to play your new Elven Civ, on FfH2 011c.
I'm surprised to see that your Elven Scout is not "Elven".
Is it a forgetting ? Or did you plan it like that?

The Frog.
My theory is that having scouts with the elven attribute would be too much of a boon, i.e. double movement in forrests.

From where can I buy/obtain these magnificent civilization theme songs? Such as Bannor etc.?

Jeeze.. I hate having to do this, but back to Ancient forrests...

I ran through a couple hundred turns on the new release, and was Fellowship for nearly 100 turns and didn't get even a single Ancient forrest. Not sure if something broke when toning it down, or the check is below some thresh-hold for it to spawn correctly. *shrugs*

just thought I would chime in on it.

Cheers!

It looks like the calculation now only checks one in five plots and then applies a higher percentage chance then previously for forests to become Ancient Forests. The new calculation is posted in one of the threads on the FFHII forums but I don't remember which one, otherwise I'd quote it for you.

there need to be a temple for Cult of the Dragon and some new graphics for buildings and citys for it also, I don't like a religion that don't do anything good.

Top Bottom