[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

The Cult of the Dragon isn't fully implemented yet as there is still some outstanding graphics work to be completed. I don't know the full mechanics behind it but I do know it involves Dragons!

It does some extremely powerful things, even as it stands now, for the founding religion's perspective especially if your civ has a nice coastal (strong trading) position from which to spread the cult. Opponents cities that are affected in the early game become nothing more than a maintenance cost to the founder giving you plenty of time to out expand them, also when a cities cultural borders shrink to a single tile it allows you to settle inside your opponents "area of control" strategically surround some of their prime city locations and then press your culture on them, the negative culture will give you a hug chance to flip cities. If either the Kuriotates or the Sheaim discover the Cult in the very early game, they'd best be your primary target unless you're a Creative civ, in which case you'll actually have to build obelisks to get some culture going, just like everyone else, but at least you won't lose the cities workable tiles completely as the two effects even each other out.

As the Kurioatates or the Sheaim you have a very interesting way to dominate the early game using the cult, yes it's random but that just makes it all the cooler. Even when other civs get out from behind the eight ball of the cult it continues to provide interesting effects with conversion of units to your cause.

The only counter is to capture and raze the holy city and then purge the cult from every city on the map. Sounds like a good quest line for a Crusade type story, especially if it's triggered by the awakening of one of the Ancient Dragons, it would culminate in the slaying of a dragon. What more could you ask for in a Fantasy Mod?

The Team,

Big problems with old forest. After a little bit more than 140 turns following the creation of the Leaves in one of my city, NO old forest at all....
Of course, this was my religion, even if Veil also spread.

The Frog.

So I was playing a game as the Doviello, and once I cranked out my first Battlemaster I noticed his spiffy little special ability, and thought I'd give it a try. And the results were uh.. Interesting.. To say the least. Rather than upgrade the Axeman (Doviello Axeman) to a Maceman (Battlemaster, I'd presume) it turned him into a permanent Fire Elemental.

Which, I guess, wasn't exactly to my detriment since it's stronger than a Maceman. But not quite what was intended I suspect.. *s*

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
So I was playing a game as the Doviello, and once I cranked out my first Battlemaster I noticed his spiffy little special ability, and thought I'd give it a try. And the results were uh.. Interesting.. To say the least. Rather than upgrade the Axeman (Doviello Axeman) to a Maceman (Battlemaster, I'd presume) it turned him into a permanent Fire Elemental.

Which version are you playing with? This bug should have been resolved in version 0.11c

Belizan said:
Can't you simply set your default mod in your Civ4 ini file?

Some place like...
C:\Documents and Settings\Shin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CivilizationIV.ini

And then edit this part...
Code:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

I'd really like to do this, but I can't find CivilizationIV.ini (yeah, I've even tried searching)?

any ideas? I'd love to do this.

Thx

phoulishwan said:
The Cult of the Dragon isn't fully implemented yet as there is still some outstanding graphics work to be completed. I don't know the full mechanics behind it but I do know it involves Dragons!

It does some extremely powerful things, even as it stands now, for the founding religion's perspective especially if your civ has a nice coastal (strong trading) position from which to spread the cult. Opponents cities that are affected in the early game become nothing more than a maintenance cost to the founder giving you plenty of time to out expand them, also when a cities cultural borders shrink to a single tile it allows you to settle inside your opponents "area of control" strategically surround some of their prime city locations and then press your culture on them, the negative culture will give you a hug chance to flip cities. If either the Kuriotates or the Sheaim discover the Cult in the very early game, they'd best be your primary target unless you're a Creative civ, in which case you'll actually have to build obelisks to get some culture going, just like everyone else, but at least you won't lose the cities workable tiles completely as the two effects even each other out.

As the Kurioatates or the Sheaim you have a very interesting way to dominate the early game using the cult, yes it's random but that just makes it all the cooler. Even when other civs get out from behind the eight ball of the cult it continues to provide interesting effects with conversion of units to your cause.

The only counter is to capture and raze the holy city and then purge the cult from every city on the map. Sounds like a good quest line for a Crusade type story, especially if it's triggered by the awakening of one of the Ancient Dragons, it would culminate in the slaying of a dragon. What more could you ask for in a Fantasy Mod?
Wow, that's a great idea! If you destroy the Holy City of Cult of the Dragon it awakens a very powerful dragon unit that is programmed to move from city to city (belonging the the civ that destroyed the CotD Holy City) razing them all. This unit should be "barbarian" so that it isn't controlled by anyone, but it's a type of "retribution from the gods (or dragons, in this case)" for destroying their cult's holy city. It would require a new UnitAI to be done correctly, but I'de suggest that the dragon first moves on to kill the unit (or the stack) involved in actually razing the Holy City, and then it moves on to the closest available enemy city and razes it, and continues until it destroys all enemy cities or is destroyed itself.

That would be very very fun!

Teg_Navanis said:
Which version are you playing with? This bug should have been resolved in version 0.11c

Ahh, right. Yeah, I'm running on b still. Got a couple of multiplayer games running, and we decided to finish them before updating, to avoid any risk of crashing due to different versions from the current game and the saved game, like we had when updating to a, if memory serves.

Entirely on a side note, I started a new game as the Elohim, and I've noticed that a few of my early Warriors fail to get the Homeland trait like they should. I built them, mind, they weren't gifted by villages or anything, so.. I'm guessing it's a bug (if it's been fixed in c too them I'm going to be :blush: ).

Still love the mod tho'! ^_^

Cheers!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172384

An interesting idea was brought up about culture-specific (or civ-specific) UIs which I feel would be useful in Fall from Heaven 2. That thread discusses this, so please take it into consideration as an extra layer of polish :)

The elven workers are amusing, but do you check game speed for the introduction of Orthus? I just played a game where he showed up at my settlement on turn 84, which on epic means about 3 techs worth of research in. Was very impolite. In a game ending sort of way.

Also, my comment about animal %age strength promotions was intended for recon units. Most games I play the animals are basically all dead and gone by the time I get to hunters, and scouts just can't beat the bigger animals (without an unreasonable quantity of luck :). Even hunters are hopeless if you are forced to use them on offense :/.

Orthus has been reported to be appearing quickly and quite nastily in version c. The best solution I've heard is the WB zap. ;)

woodelf said:
Orthus has been reported to be appearing quickly and quite nastily in version c. The best solution I've heard is the WB zap. ;)
:lol: Cheater!

Orthus has been reported to be appearing quickly and quite nastily in version c. The best solution I've heard is the WB zap.

Attmpting to defeat him against all odds is more fun...though it usually ends in a restart..

Corlindale said:
Attmpting to defeat him against all odds is more fun...though it usually ends in a restart..

Save, then do your attempt, then reload and zap. :D

BlazeRedSXT said:
Jeeze.. I hate having to do this, but back to Ancient forrests...

I ran through a couple hundred turns on the new release, and was Fellowship for nearly 100 turns and didn't get even a single Ancient forrest. Not sure if something broke when toning it down, or the check is below some thresh-hold for it to spawn correctly. *shrugs*

just thought I would chime in on it.

Cheers!

My error.. Missed one integer in the code. It right now checks only the first part of the map. Will be fixed in the next patch (i hope)

Yes one Phython file. How to patch it is listed in the 11c bugs thread. i do not know which file it is exactly (some event manager) and i have no civ on this PC (and not yet downloaded any .111 version anyway ... )

I'm not messing with python....

edit - Alright, with wordpad and some luck python isn't too hard to look at.

Top Bottom