[MOD] Genetic Era for Warlords

Yeah, a file comparer makes a huge difference. Can't remember off hand which one I have at home, but it has saved me a huge amount of time.

I'd be willing to crack into some files and get this beast rolling. My time is okay, I will be moving this summer so will be out of it for about two months come august or september. I haven't really been told yet when exactly or where.

you mean a file not found error? I will check it out.

any progress in bts version? i'm losing hope for playing this mod again

Guys, I'm not a modder, but maybe have found a solution to our problem here. A new modding platform has been released. Its called "World of Civilization". In it, it's possible to use all the mods you want without having to merge them. But it has to be rewritten under this new "modding standard". I've tested it and it looks really promissing. It evolved from the old "Visa" mod for warlords, and gave birth to World of Civilization. Maybe there we can find some experienced modders to convert this and use all that has been done in "genetic era".

It would be very sad to see this mod die, this kept me playing civ4 for all this time! Here is the link to the World of civilization thread.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=285856

Patience, from what I gather work on a conversion to WoC is under way, but there are only a few WoC modders and plenty of mods to convert, so this will take a while (esp. since this is not a coordinated effort, each modder is converting whatever he considers to be interesting, be that additional civs from CivGold, this mod or something different altogether).

I know someone is working on sea colonies, sea tunnels and bridges.

If you want to help, grab some xml stuff and convert that :)

Hopefully anyone can help me out. I really would Love to play this mod for warlords. However this is what happens as soon as I click on a settler to start building my first city the game crashes completely to the desktop.

I have the following Civilization installation:

Civ 4 BTS 3.13
Build Version 3.0.0.1 (81539) Final Release

Civ 4 Warlords 2.13
Build Version 2.1.3.0 Final Release

I tried to get the patch for Genetic Era 0.95 but the link goes to a blank page. I was hoping that the patch would solve this bug.

Thank you for your help in advance.

No mod I use seems to work in Warlords, including GE. Maybe it's because I have the latest patch?

aparently this project has been abandoned. A long time since I least heard from Primemover... The good news: there are people working on a conversion to WoC, but it'll take a while. The sea cities is almost done, but the tech tree for genetic era will take a while...

WoC = World of Civilization. It's a new modding standard, much better than the original modding method. It only works on beyond the sword. And I doubt you could make genetic era work again, its developers stoped working on it a long time ago, and several new versions of warlords were released after that. You would have to roll back your warlords to whatever version is compatible with genetic era. I may have a copy here, will take a look, but I don't remember which version of warlords you need.

Top Bottom